What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Apologies in advance if someone has already said this, but re; the harpoon - surely the crossbow mech from Walking Dead Premium/LE shoulve been repurchased here?; could've been used to aim at the moving shark fin target.
Interesting that there'll be footage etc from "all four blockbuster films"

@Gonzo ; my guess is that the bucket moves down and the ball locks there? (Edit; derp....now I've used my eyeballs and actually looked at pics, obvs won't be the bucket. Shark mouth looks like it has something metal inside, so ball will go there, surely.

Last edited:
Just read all 10 pages of this thread- it’s literally a rollercoaster 🎢 of positive, negative to positive opinions. I think the simplicity of the code and JAWS theme will make it a winner with casuals who’d gravitate towards this over say an AIQ. Played AIQ pro yesterday and while it shoots phenomenal, it’s got really busy artwork all over the pf and no central Thanos toy with no obvious stuff to shoot for other than flashing inserts and flat plastics. Seems like Elwin and his rules team have listened to feedback as it’s immediately obvious what you’re doing. My personal opinion so far- JAWS pro layout looks good so long as the shark on an arc doesn’t ruin all your shots- static 3d shark on locations makes sense. Jaws premium would be my preference if I were in the market and change the translite. Look forward to playing either soon.

So they say there is 3 Multiballs, so where is the physical balls locks on the LE/Premium ?

Ah hang on, there is another Ball behind the one under the chum bucket, but maybe that just whacks the other ball into a switch ?

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 23.54.38.png

Am I missing something 🤷‍♂️

It's been awhile since a stern pro looks like a viable purchase. I find a mini upper play field pretty useless for me, this upper play field reminds me a little of Simpsons.
Looks fast.....maybe this is my second next game, when the dust settles I've saved a little money and there been some realtime code updates (if needed). It's nice they actually still include a shark, the shark bash toy Vs the ball bash actually quite clever it's pretty much the same, except cosmeticly different. I was expecting the shark fin to be removed, which would have definitely changed the gameplay.

It could literally be the best pin ever designed and people would still winge … buy it or don’t … simples
It looks really great I think, especially the Pro (I'm not fussed on upper playfeilds) as it appears it will be super fast playing.

I'm curious as to whether there is a physical ball lock in the game, normally physical ball locks in LE/Premiums right? 🤷‍♂️

No physical ball locks on JAWs, if there was it would be on the feature matrix.

That's interesting, I'm guessing thats a design choice to make it super fast
Best we can hope for is those up posts and the upper right mini flipper could stage balls but there is no where else a ball looks to stop. Keith is all about shots, flow and kinetic satisfaction.

So virtual ball locks on LE/Premiums, very surprising. Is this a first on LE/Premiums ?

"Don’t worry Gary Stern is on the playfield" (from pinside)

Pinside_forum_7956009_0.jpg

@J85M " Keith is all about shots, flow and kinetic satisfaction." This is all that matters and is good for me :)

me that controls the buy button is hovering over it
Made it through the night without clicking. The worst is over…

I’ll wait for gameplay streams, there’ll be plenty before the machines get over here. Realistically even without seeing gameplay, it’s Elwin and team, theme isn’t a love for me but not a turn off, I’m going to end up buying it at some point, it’s just a matter of when.

After FF I’d like to have the patience to wait for 1.0 code but I’ll see how that works out as that’s probably a 9-12 month wait and I have a couple of spaces to fill now. Foo has been a rollercoaster for me, loved the gameplay when I first got it, then started to get frustrated with the code, then last code update made me love it again but still wanting that finished code.

So virtual ball locks on LE/Premiums, very surprising. Is this a first on LE/Premiums ?
Unless I am mistaken and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Jurassic park didn’t have a physical 3 ball lock, you could stage/lock a ball behind the raptor pen, same thing with foo fighters a single staged ball in the overlord.

Mandolorian has no physical 3 ball lock.

Did rush have a physical 3 ball lock? I’m not familiar with that game at all, I think you could stage a hall behind the lower drops on the left hand side…?

To me the pro looks best. No upper playfield which are always rubbish. And the position of the shark looks much better. No sopranos boat either

As I mentioned earlier the ruleset is what will make this game great plus the pro looks fast. I also like the cactus canyon quick draw type up posts and moving shark target

This theme was always gonna draw me in so seeing the pro is good makes me happy.

Wish Brody and Larry were on the playfield though. Hopefully lots of classic mayor footage on the screen. Plus you can add mayor stuff into the rules easily to

Also the art looks better now the proper photos are out. I really shouldn’t look at the leaked low res ****ty stuff, I know better lol

Made it through the night without clicking. The worst is over…

I’ll wait for gameplay streams, there’ll be plenty before the machines get over here. Realistically even without seeing gameplay, it’s Elwin and team, theme isn’t a love for me but not a turn off, I’m going to end up buying it at some point, it’s just a matter of when.

After FF I’d like to have the patience to wait for 1.0 code but I’ll see how that works out as that’s probably a 9-12 month wait and I have a couple of spaces to fill now. Foo has been a rollercoaster for me, loved the gameplay when I first got it, then started to get frustrated with the code, then last code update made me love it again but still wanting that finished code.
If you just stay a year or two behind new releases you still get the same excitement but cheaper if going used, and fully developed code. I feel the same about Godzilla now as people did when it was first released. It does take great willpower though not to hit the buy button if you have space and money available. My initial excitement with any new release usually cools after a week or two when all the buzz dies down.

If you just stay a year or two behind new releases you still get the same excitement but cheaper if going used, and fully developed code. I feel the same about Godzilla now as people did when it was first released. It does take great willpower though not to hit the buy button if you have space and money available. My initial excitement with any new release usually cools after a week or two when all the buzz dies down.
100%

Lior already firing up his pottery wheel for a 600 💵 upgrade
Some things don’t need upgrading the bucket is fine, I did speak with Lior last night and discussed with him about bringing an upgraded Bruce/Jaws in the same vein as his upgraded T-Rex which is one of the best mods he ever produced.

Last edited:
As someone pointed out on pinside the upper playfield is just a divertor that lets you decide the path of the ball.
That sounds easier than it actually will be if you take Foo as an example as I for one struggle to hit the building are rarely make 2-3 loops.

There are 3 paths 2 of which drop the ball in the PF and the 3rd takes it to the small flipper.
On the pro it just takes it to the small flipper which I think might make the game a little easier and less frustrating. In all honesty it’s probably the path you would want to take the most on the prem/le anyways.

As for the large open area left by removing the boat that is going to be a modders dream! @stumblor @Jazzbouche
Maybe a jetty which blends into the buildings at on the back or a huge mechanical shark.

So they say there is 3 Multiballs, so where is the physical balls locks on the LE/Premium ?

Ah hang on, there is another Ball behind the one under the chum bucket, but maybe that just whacks the other ball into a switch ?

View attachment 240967

Am I missing something 🤷‍♂️

That's just a newton ball, identical to the one in Godzilla or Theater of Magic

I'm still seeing a ball trap on the Prem/LE when the boat lowers that at minimum will require a ball search to clear?
Could end up being another Thunderbirds where the ball can fall inside the cabinet, or it may just end up wedged in there and a ball search routine will push it back out.

Not any old bucket it’s a custom unique chum bucket with kinetic swinging action!
I could be mistaken, but it seems like there is a black Phillips head screw inside the 🪣 (scroll to 1:00) if that is the case, I think that's that's poor design in my opinion.

Nonetheless I think it looks like a great pin, I hope everyone who has ordered it enjoys it.

Back
Top Bottom