What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

It’s a fair point but to me the style of music that when I hear it immediately has me reaching for the remote control to kill it. Trying to find out where the game is going to be on location in the US and I might jump on a plane to go have a play.

Neil.

Feature set shows they’ve put service rails back on the pro models rather than those crappy pegs

My girlfriend is obsessed with Metallica. I must have heard Justice for All and Kill em All 1000 times... So I'm thinking Maiden will be an easy sell for the downstairs. Turns out she's on the Maiden is Dad rock boat as well...

Feature set shows they’ve put service rails back on the pro models rather than those crappy pegs

Yes there is a pic of it on facebooked that Keith posted:

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180328_8d161ed8547f777bb6a1c30e091b8026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This pin actually looks really good, the playfield and art at least. I too wish it had the original Archer theme or even just a band I like more. Metallica are in a league of their own compared to Iron Maiden. I tried out some more of their stuff yesterday and while some of it is alright, most tracks just seem to be missing something for me.

I don't like any of those games. AC/DC I love the music but the game is pants.
AC/DC is one of those games to really get, you need a big score, and maybe a song jackpot of 100 million plus, as otherwise it just seems an exercise in frustration. It's a real players game.
And I haven't done the above yet so I don't yet get the game like others do;)

Maiden does look like one of Stern's best efforts for a while - not in love with the callouts and some of the LCD stuff, but seen nothing that is a deal breaker...... apart from node boards:eek:

Awesome layout. What am I missing about the price though? Surely we should be back down below 6k with how much the exchange rate has improved?

The phone call I got from Electrocoin went like this... Phil, Gary has put the price up again, he says now the GBP/USD is more in our favour we can pay more!

I really wish no one would buy a stern game and put this company under, or at least teach them not to be such c u n t s!

I was expecting to price these at 5995, 7995, 8995.... no. The less they sell, the more games other companies sell...

It does seem a bit bizarre that the prices keep going up regardless of what the exchange rate is doing..

It's a great set of songs, surprised there's no newer songs on, but I guess that gives the broadest appeal.

This pin actually looks really good, the playfield and art at least. I too wish it had the original Archer theme or even just a band I like more. Metallica are in a league of their own compared to Iron Maiden. I tried out some more of their stuff yesterday and while some of it is alright, most tracks just seem to be missing something for me.

Do you realise Metallica only started a band because of Maiden/Judas Priest etc?

Was hoping they’d have the union flag somewhere. When I was a kid the older cool kids were into IM. I remember scribing their song lyrics onto my bike mudguards. Although if I’m honest I didn’t really get it. Was more into Duran Duran, Roxy Music, ABBA and Aha..lol

Last edited:
Do you realise Metallica only started a band because of Maiden/Judas Priest etc?
That may well be the case but it still doesn't change my opinion that Metallica's music is far better. Truth be told I hadn't really listened to much of their stuff until fairly recently as I was more into R&B, Garage, Trance, House etc when I was a teenager/early 20s. I like listening most genres of music except from the vast majority of the really modern ****e. When these new music pins are released I see it as an opportunity to have a good listen to see what all the fuss is about. It's all subjective but I really like AC/DC and Metallica, Aerosmith are ok, Iron Maiden are mediocre and Kiss awful.

The phone call I got from Electrocoin went like this... Phil, Gary has put the price up again, he says now the GBP/USD is more in our favour we can pay more!

I really wish no one would buy a stern game and put this company under, or at least teach them not to be such c u n t s!

That’s freaking mental!!

But it’s still well out-with it’s best position pre Brexit! Has stern done this to Euro companies also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i just got off the phone with electrocoin who told me the list price has to be

LE £10,800
PREM £9000
Pro £6600

Doesnt mean thats what I have to sell for, it means what I have to advertise at... but there are no more LE's left?!

Back
Top Bottom