What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

Sourcing from Europe might be a more viable option though and you would probably get a very limited warranty of sorts. If Electrocoin price gauge the UK so much, are you not free to source machines from Europe yourself Phil?

If people want moan about the prices... import your own... rewire... have no warranty and when it breaks don't come crying...

Does anyone consider @philpalmer extends the warranty an extra year out of his own pocket... so if a board goes after the initial year he's the one actually playing for the replacement himself.

Service above and beyond and majority of people calling out over the price as repeat customers. disgraceful

then you have to hack it to have 50hz, then you have to rewire it, then you have no warranty, is it worth it for £700-800? No... unless you think it is, then go for it.

To be clear - I’m not advocating that anyone does that and anyone who does is mental - but showing the gap in US to U.K. pricing is and that’s with a FX rate that’s probably still 20 pence on the dollar too underweight. It’s clear in my view that Stern is gouging U.K. purchasers.

A few hundred quid is irrelevant to me but significant to others. Roughly though in two years prices have gone up from stern by 20% (Pretty much irrespective of FX) which is nuts and totally unsustainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If people want moan about the prices... import your own... rewire... have no warranty and when it breaks don't come crying...

Does anyone consider @philpalmer extends the warranty an extra year out of his own pocket... so if a board goes after the initial year he's the one actually playing for the replacement himself.

Service above and beyond and majority of people calling out over the price as repeat customers. disgraceful

Nobody has any issues with Phil dood- a blind man could see that with his cane!

i just got off the phone with electrocoin who told me the list price has to be

LE £10,800
PREM £9000
Pro £6600

Doesnt mean thats what I have to sell for, it means what I have to advertise at... but there are no more LE's left?!

Jesus - that is shocking!

Would rather buy a Dialed in or AFM remake (or any other remake from Chicago Coin).

Stern seem to be recycling an awful lot. The right ramp on Iron Maiden looks like Aerosmith. The bumpers are in the same place too. Seems to be a mash up of a few other games.

Does this still have any credit to John Trudeau? or have they hashed this up to get it out?

I expected this game would be the biggest seller of Sterns for years as its a popular theme in the UK.

These days looking at the PCBs in pinballs they SHOULD be getting cheaper! DMDs are gone, and replaced by lower cost screens. Big hefty power supplies and transformers are replaced with switch mode power supplies. Lamps and holders are replaced by RGB LEDs that cost a few cents. Stern cabs have a very thin MDF base as well. A metal backbox now which is much cheaper than wooden ones to produce. All the big PCBs are now gone, replaced by a linux based single board computer with a cheap arm processor.

If we rewind 10 years ago - games like Family Guy and Spiderman were all 'premiums' specification wise, but a lot less money.

Pinball companies have always had to pay for 'R&D' and also licensing. Maybe TOO MUCH on licensing.

Anyhow - just my two cents as someone who sees more of the internal workings of a pinball than the playing.

We can keep WPC/WPC95 going, who thinks these Sterns will be going in 10 years?

Nobody has any issues with Phil dood- a blind man could see that with his cane!

Exactly.
It's Electrocoin and Stern.
Maiden pro is 5700 Euros in Germany but PH warranty is essential these days with Spike and node boards.
With SAM anyone could take a risk and buy a game from anywhere without warranty.
Now, no chance.

Exactly.
Maiden pro is 5700 Euros in Germany but PH warranty is essential these days with Spike and node boards.
With SAM anyone could take a risk and buy a game from anywhere without warranty.
Now, no chance.
So buying any 2nd hand Stern title made from 2015 onwards is risky business nowadays then....worrying for the future.

Exactly.
Now, no chance.

We do a terrible job of reminding ourselves of what we are entitled to from a statutory perspective.

In the UK, the sales of good act would enable up to 6 years action against any node board failure for the original buyer in my view, I've claimed thousands of pounds worth of replacements under this law on cars, TV and video kit, washing machine, electric garage door, playstation and xbox, several laptops, an iPhone.

There is now easily enough evidence to demonstrate that the node boards were not fit for purpose. Stern's confirmation of that with the field fixes gives unbeatable evidence.

In Germany a two year fit for purpose warranty is mandatory. On anything purchased by a consumer from a business irrespective of your origin, again the node board recalls would easily be enough evidence, together with the thousands of Williams/bally/stern machines still in operation...

Cheers,
Neil.

its everybodys individual choice, i think stern prices are obscene for what you get, but if they made a beatles or floyd pin i may be stupid enough to buy it , but i would know i was a mug,
makes me smile when people think they will get the majority of their money back though with no warranty

Aren’t the concerns about Spike issues just teething trouble then, no serious board issues yet? I hope so as I’d like a GB at some point.

very damning video about stern , spike sounds dreadful, and near the end when he says they have stopped using them on site. cheers Rob

The ones in Tilt have been fine, a few issues on GB at first but overall very reliable.

Aren’t the concerns about Spike issues just teething trouble then, no serious board issues yet? I hope so as I’d like a GB at some point.

definite board issues dood; although I've only seen a couple of failures in the UK which was Peter's Star Wars and the other huggers (I think) GB.

Back
Top Bottom