What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

Yeah look at all these cool features you’ll never see 🤣. Well I won’t anyway. It’s brutal. Got to cyborg once.
I think I spend to much time and effort trying to get revive lit.

Bowen still had 6 credits left... unreal he didn't keep going. :cool:

I have now started to get the multiball down to get to at least the bomber stage of Aces High and consistently hit the CANNON shot on Trooper, this issue is getting these things together in the same game :p

The thing that’s clear is trooper is a waste of time only useful to help you on completing other stuff. Combos and stacking collects is huge.

He actually goto 2MM but just didn’t start the mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question - anyone elses Iron maiden backbox speakers sound crap - really tinny and horrible? They are rubbish to look at. Just wondered if anyone replaced with anything else ?

They do sound a bit better when cranked up I have to say

Cheers

kev

Are you running 1.06?

There was apparently a big audio update in this, I have to say I think mines pretty decent but I’m no audiophile.

Question - anyone elses Iron maiden backbox speakers sound crap - really tinny and horrible? They are rubbish to look at. Just wondered if anyone replaced with anything else ?

Cheers

kev
Have you tried adjusting them in the settings? There are quite a few adjustments, Bass, Treble etc. which helped improve the sound on my BM66.

Have you tried adjusting them in the settings? There are quite a few adjustments, Bass, Treble etc. which helped improve the sound on my BM66.
yeah I have - I think its just the compression used on the tracks - night try some decent car speakers see if it helps

I was at @Paul R Owen house on Saturday delivering a machine and its the first time I've had the chance to play Iron Maiden with the volume up (and I mean up, cranked up to 11). Holy fudge did it make it even better! :thumbs:

yeah I have - I think its just the compression used on the tracks - night try some decent car speakers see if it helps

I think if you change the speakers you may want to take a look at Vic (vireland's) guide to adding an amplifier on Pinside. The speaker quality is the main reason I'm buying LE's over pro/premium now as the speakers that come with them are shocking. I wish Stern would do a speaker upgrade, it would be **** easy for them to do that.

I think if you change the speakers you may want to take a look at Vic (vireland's) guide to adding an amplifier on Pinside. The speaker quality is the main reason I'm buying LE's over pro/premium now as the speakers that come with them are shocking. I wish Stern would do a speaker upgrade, it would be **** easy for them to do that.
So you're paying 3.5k to get better backbox speakers? :D

So you're paying 3.5k to get better backbox speakers? :D

pretty much yes - and those are cheap speakers! :D I know crazy but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't get an LE, premium would be fine.

Cheers,
Neil.

The speakers on my premium seem fine, it's cranked up quite a bit.

I'm disappointed if I don't get to cyborg on a game, and as Neil says, trooper helps you on the way as does mummy multiball, especially if you re-lock the ball up the left ramp (might be on premium only though, not sure).

Aces high (still my favourite Eddie mode) and mariner help too, just get the add-a-balls.

Anyone had problems with balls flying off both the wire-forms? I’ve cut this down by raising the play field but still occurs now and then especially after a wax. I believe some Pinsider members had replacements sent out but not sure if this was an acknowledged faulty batch of wireforms on early builds...

Anyone had problems with balls flying off both the wire-forms? I’ve cut this down by raising the play field but still occurs now and then especially after a wax. I believe some Pinsider members had replacements sent out but not sure if this was an acknowledged faulty batch of wireforms on early builds...
Left wireform was doing this on mine, there were raised lumps in places where the spot welding was done, this was getting the ball bouncing leading to it eventually flying off on a bend. I filed them down and its been perfect since.

2C3E2AAA-EC2D-47FF-8D53-28FC5707A3C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Tastes ok to me, I drank a Trooper keg under my table that was out of date by a month 😃

Attachments

• 7C82F16C-FF4F-4CBD-908D-888D64E5A488.jpeg
    7C82F16C-FF4F-4CBD-908D-888D64E5A488.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 31
  • A991E9CD-70CA-4A12-A771-3EEE27D7FC8D.jpeg
    A991E9CD-70CA-4A12-A771-3EEE27D7FC8D.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 30
I struggle with the ramps and getting to shots so never get to cyborg enough more practise needed!

I struggle with the ramps and getting to shots so never get to cyborg enough more practise needed!

I've found to progress in the game you really need to focus on ramps.
Not only do they progress to Cyborg, they're essential in at least 3 of the modes, are the only way of lighting EDDIE later in the game AND they give a safe feed back to the flippers.

I'd spend some time not bothering with score, just focusing on being able to shoot the ramps over and over.
I've also found that shooting the left ramp then holding the left flipper up allows you to trap on the right flipper to make the left ramp again. (Although it doesn't work on the right ramp 🤔) I saw Zach doing this in a comp and decided to emulate it.

Next training drill, is to keep shooting the lower spinner to light REVIVE, as seen on Robert's YouTube video where he gets to RttH.

Once you can feel confident shooting both of those your scores will skyrocket.

Oh yes baby! Release your inner Disco Maiden!

I've taken Stern's best and perfected it! :D

Watch out for a charity stream coming soon featuring the Disco Maiden's :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom