What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

Superb. What are the new display animations like? Is there a video anywhere?

No video unfortunately. The animations now take over the whole screen (you’ll see what I mean). Trooper MB looks really great, a new Revive animation I noticed with Eddie coming to life! Flashers are utilised a bit more too - new code will wipe your scores, can’t back them up on current code.
DJ mode added too which is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to updating a spike game. Stick the usb in, turn the game on.

The bit that takes me ages is downloading the bloody code. 30 mins plus

I’ve heard this before, people mentioning long download times. Is it purely the users internet speed?, mine always take about 2 minutes!

Just watched @Neil McRae YouTube of his 'Disco Maiden' and I have to say Neil.......... That's absolutely bloody dreadful!

I’m a big Maiden fan so obviously the music stays but even for people that don’t like the band I’m surprised they change the music as I can’t think of another music based pin where the songs and lyrics are so relevant to the modes.
The Trooper - a song based on the charge of the light brigade so the 3 balls gather on top of the playfield ready to ‘charge!!’ - with a call out to match.
Hallowed be thy name - A song about the final thoughts of someone waiting to be hanged, shoot the lights then the captive ball to free his shackles, sweep the targets to break his chains - again the song is a big part of the immersion.
Aces High - shooting down planes to this track is just pure fun
Fear of the dark - The playfield dims as the lyrics convey the fear of sensing someone near as you walk a dark path.

You get my point, and to Neils credit at least he did use Super Trooper in place of The Trooper.

080f770b327be9e804f17cb2a468e8b1.jpg

Last edited:
2 mins. Bloody hell. Allegedly I’m paying for 500 mps with Virgin and it takes easily over 30 mins to download. Aerosmith was a killer taking 60 mins plus and if there was any drop out I’d have to start again.

2 mins. Bloody hell. Allegedly I’m paying for 500 mps with Virgin and it takes easily over 30 mins to download. Aerosmith was a killer taking 60 mins plus and if there was any drop out I’d have to start again.

I’m on 100mps with Virgin, using a MacBook

29 seconds to download on BT Halo 1G [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John do you just use the Virgin box or have you Wi-fi extenders?

I’ve got to use extenders to get any kind of signal around the house. I suspect if I hard wire to the main box it would dramatically reduce download time.

If I try downloading upstairs then the time is 1 hour plus. The 30 min speed is standing next to the bloody hub.

Our signal drops more times than a whore’s draws. Sadly Virgin is still the only option around here.

Icarus + Revive animations are cool.
Call outs , quite a few updated.
Flashers definitely updated + improved, can see this when you die (lose ball) total screen.
Full screen looks good.
Don’t like Cyborg multiball ball animation
All said and done, we complain about Stern a lot but you can see the work here, a big well done and thank you from me. I’m really happy 😃
Right now, I think IMDN Pro is my favourite pin.

Oh and don’t get me started on mobile signals. I’m lucky if we can ever get more than one bar. Always assume it’s because we are at the top of a hill

It's a proper epic shooter. Amazing game
Yeah matey, it’s crazy lightning fast.....
I’ve got little time to watch any of the great animations.
And as Andy stated above, the modes are fab...
I love nailing those Soul Shards ..... some of the very best call outs also - way to go - fantastic how all the ingredients come together in the cauldron 💪

Icarus + Revive animations are cool.
Call outs , quite a few updated.
Flashers definitely updated + improved, can see this when you die (lose ball) total screen.
Full screen looks good.
Don’t like Cyborg multiball ball animation
All said and done, we complain about Stern a lot but you can see the work here, a big well done and thank you from me. I’m really happy [emoji2]
Right now, I think IMDN Pro is my favourite pin.

Didn’t take you long to try out the Cyborg animation, takes me a while to get there. I guess that’s my next challenge now [emoji2361]
I have a trapped nerve in my neck which is quite painful but I can’t stop playing pinball [emoji23][emoji23]

^^^ yeah, I had a trapped nerve in my neck few months ago took ages to go away, hurt like Fcuk. Take Ibuprofen.
I get to Cyborg pretty frequently now.....
I did notice my 2 mins to midnight was flashing also, not sure if I noticed that as quick before- never seen this mode. May be an oversight, and never noticed....
I’ve only ever had 3 x Eddie’s.

^^^ yeah, I had a trapped nerve in my neck few months ago took ages to go away, hurt like Fcuk. Take Ibuprofen.
I get to Cyborg pretty frequently now.....
I did notice my 2 mins to midnight was flashing also, not sure if I noticed that as quick before- never seen this mode. May be an oversight, and never noticed....
I’ve only ever had 3 x Eddie’s.

I’m hoping this goes quickly, having trouble sleeping and tablets aren’t helping at all.
It’s usually ramps that stop me getting to Cyborg MB, I’ve had 3 Eddie cards just the once. Got to 2 mins once also but actually don’t think it’s too hard, I usually go for MB’s and Power features.

Log on to Virgin and do a service check.

I suspect if I hard wire to the main box it would dramatically reduce download time.

It would massively and very worth while doing.

Virgin love people using their own extenders that they will only rent out to you, as I found out (no thanks I'll use my own). Very annoying that they won't let you have a second hub.

Put the hub into bridge mode and use your own router and whole home Wi-fi solution.

Damn got 4 Eddie’s, 1st time ever - 2 mins Eddie had eluded me. Just as it started was too busy watching the crazy ICBM animations and my last ball went SDTM 😂

Damn got 4 Eddie’s, 1st time ever - 2 mins Eddie had eluded me. Just as it started was too busy watching the crazy ICBM animations and my last ball went SDTM 😂
Well played! I’ve had 3 several times, but never 4...

currently waiting on a new SD card to swap the new code in. Aware I could just update existing, but I can’t be ****d.

currently waiting on a new SD card to swap the new code in. Aware I could just update existing, but I can’t be ****d.
It’s crazy, game feels faster, maybe my imagination but I think the flippers are going to explode 😂

It takes less than 10 minutes from usb in computer to an updated game.....

That’s more effort than the USB way though ??

Yup it is! And you need another SD card!

Back
Top Bottom