What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Williams Hurricane NEW IN BOX

10000 dollars wow I would snap his hand off if I were you.

Just curious but how much did you pay the operator for the raid?

We have a word here...if you buy something on the cheap then sell it on at an inflated price it's called "flipping"

I organize the sale for the operator, he is an old man....

The guy with the 10 000usd offer is kind of strange.

I asked him if that offer is serious, I doubt it as there were no added questions about shipping and so on.
His answer was the one stated in one of the above mails.

I gave him all my contact data, Facebook, E-mail, tel-nr and Whats App and told him he shall come in touch to finish that deal. Otherwise I will accept an german offer which is very attractive too.

His answer (in funny english for an american)

Sell it. To german guy.

I asked him why he wasted my time if he is not really interested and he told me to **** myself....I have to say I really dont get that pinball-people.

I don't think that was a serious offer then, maybe? The general vibe I got on pinside was that it was a scam.

Maybe not, but the mods were suspect enough to close the thread.

Why do you have to be like that? I was friendly to you in this thread, I welcomed you and wished you luck. Many of us did.

In the Pinside thread one guy said "Id say more like 9,997.52 euro + shipping". Did you think that was an offer? He was pulling your leg. I didn't mean to call you a liar, I'm sorry to give that impression - perhaps the fact you are not communicating in your mother tongue is against you. Then the site moderators closed your thread down as quoted above, they thought it wasn't kosher.

You seem unable to take a bit of gentle banter from people who love pinball. You said yourself you're not a pin guy, you are selling an antique and looking for someone to buy it as an investment, as you did. I think you may be worried you could lose money on the deal. Maybe, maybe not.

I think you have a chip on your shoulder. It's an English idiom, look it up on the Internet. I look forward to seeing your ad on eBay.

Not everyone here is out to get you.

If I misundersood you please accept my apologies.
I post this in many places and the resistance of many members is very exhausting, especially if you are a newbie.

I cant loose money on the deal as it is not my deal. Over the year I know the operator we become friends. He cant stop messing around with slotmachines although it is against the law since 2015. Now they catched him and he got to pay a bad penality, therefor he sells all the stuff he wanted to keep.

For helping him I got good prices on my machines, which I have got for all the 30+ machines I have bought so far.

I don't think that was a serious offer then, maybe? The general vibe I got on pinside was that it was a scam.

Maybe not, but the mods were suspect enough to close the thread.

It seems like they thought so, although I did try to sell it on Pinside but on eBay where I have a clean feedback-rating, sometimes people are in love with making newbies down. :(

No worries here.

Your friend got in trouble for selling slots and got a fine? Sorry to hear that.

Yes that Whysnow character is a notorious unsavoury character as far as I can tell from his posts.

Tell us more about your video games, we are all coin-op enthusiasts here.

This thread needs closing down too

Some fella we don't know, who knows nothing about pinball, has managed to insult and p1ss loads of decent, honest, forum members off

He has advertised his brown box. Consensus is none of us want it. Proper advice has been given with regards to what you do with it in the face of much discourtesy

Time to try your luck elsewhere

I disagree, I think we got past that. He seems genuine to me, is probably just tired of lots of negative responses.

I wanna know more about his rare video games and also what the govt can do to someone trading slot machines. Lots of people do that in UK as well

No Dan, he did´nt sell them, he is still vending them....and if they get your ass you pay 22 000€ penalty. He dropped down to 1600 per machine but this still sums up.
In Austria they did not get satisfied, in the big streets they have bought/rent every shop that closed, divided the room in smaller partitions and made its own door in.
Why? Because the law says only 2 machines per door.
So in the last 2 years they transformed the streets in red-light-destricts for gambling. You had a backerman - 2 gamble rooms - a barber - 3 gambling rooms - a supermarket and a jewelery - 2 gambling rooms - then a crossroad, after it 6 gambling rooms - a butcher - 2 gambling rooms - a second hand shop - 4 gambling rooms....

kilometers long, the fall was preprogrammed.
My operator was not one of that big mafia, he just went to pub owners or cinemas and made a contract with 50/50 for 2 or 3 games....some video games and pinballs in the past along with maybe one or two gamblers. He was silent and could work like that for decades and wont understand that this got an end now, he better will get it sooner than later.

My videogames....hmmm. Maybe I start off with the list of my current collection:

Cyber Cycles Twin (CRT-Version)*
S.C.I.
S.C.I.
KI *
KI2 (insgesamt sind es 12 Midway-fighter)
Cinematronics Off Road 3-player
Enduro Racer
Turbo Outrun Cabaret
Hang-On Full-size Bike (das große Rote zum rechts und links-lehnen
Jeutel Galaktron
Universal Cosmic Alien *
Indiana Jones (Atari System 1) *
SEGA Turbo Upright *
Namco Galaxian (japanese version) *
Super Space Attack *
Space Harrier *
Olympia Portraits *
Revolution X 33" 3-player version *
SEGA Shooting Master
Stern Berzerk *
Konami Simpsons 4 Player european version *
Zaccaria Astro Wars
Apple Time Scrample
SEGA Mega Tech (nur Teile vorhanden)
Atari Super Breakout *
Afterburner *
Afterburner Deluxe Full-motion cabinet *
Virtua Figther *
Gremlin Head-On *
Operation Bear (unter Umständen zu verkaufen)
Vanguard *
Top Skater
Zaccaria Mr. Do! (StarSplash) *
Atari Pong *
SEGA Thunderblade Deluxe
Karate Champ
Phoenix

Vector-Games:

Asteroids
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe (irish-Version) *
Asteroids Delxue (US-Version)
Tempest *
Tailgunner II Cockpit *
Tac/Scan *
Laserdisc-Games:
Space Ace (Irish Atari plant) *
Space Ace (Irish Atari plant)
Galaxy Ranger *
Galaxy Ranger

EM-Games:

Flying Circus (EM-Game ´71) *
Arctic Gun (EM-Game ´67) *
Super Missile (EM-Game, Vorlage zu Midway S.A.M.I.) *

Plus the pinballs (while the Hurricane is the operators one)
I also going to sell the two midways as I cannot afford to own such expensive machines

Radical
Dr Dude
Hurricane

Sorry, there are some germans words. I created the list for my Facebook-friends today and added some explenations for them...just read over it. ;)

2 machines per door. I am not surprised the response was to turn each room into ten rooms, what a stupid law.

Yes, it did´nt need a nobel award-winner to come around the law :sad:

In the evening you had the worst people in the streets and people was feared to go home and get robbed by someone who just spend all his money on the "Idiot-Tax" (how we call it) :rofl:

Even tho I grew up in the arcade days a lot of them I don't recognise lol was the same at the slam. I'm sure I used to play karate champ on the amstrad and **** my older bro off by sweeping his legs all the time

The list goes from the mid late 60´s (EM-Games) up to almost 2000. Not all games are bought, I have got some in trade for labor, the Crisis Zone for example.

There are a few arcade guys on here so you might get lucky

I'd say the same about the 3 pins but being not so saught after people on here prob wouldn't want to pay shipping. Shame pinside are being such asshats because someone on their would nab them.

Good luck
Rudi

Always wonder that so many pin-boys dont have arcade-games too. Me and my feller-collector say both should be mixed.

I think I start the auction next wednesday to have the auction´s end on Saturday.
Lets hope for the best.

Bang it up on ebay, start it a £1 and see how it flies, simples ;) best of luck with your sale, hope you get top dollar for a nice find.
I agree and good luck, you have told everyone on every forum about this rare find so interest will be high and rare collectors will all check ebay, it really is your best option. I am worried for you that it will look dodgy/scam like because of the lack of pictures, maybe you should get one of those cameras recommended earlier in this thread, even if the pictures from it aren't good it still shows willing. The shame about ebay is the fee for selling on there, I think it's %10 but someone may correct me, but again if you ask for payment in a different way like a bank transfer it may make buyers worry this isn't a genuine auction. Maybe stating payment via eBay will aid the credibility of the auction therefore getting higher bids? Either way, once you start the auction you really should let it run to the end and not close early for a private offer out of fairness, and also the last 5 minutes is where the action is at! Best of luck, Jon

I am not going with the original LD-Player because LD-Players was never ment to jump from one chapter to the next which you only can avoid if you have a perfect run through the entire game.
With that in mind I doubt that any LD-Player is bulletproof. I will go with Daphne, this is really bulletproof.

Synonym9, what? That was the WHOLE point of using a laserdisc player in these games. Laserdiscs will JUMP to each specific scene and show a death scene if each room wasn't completed correctly. Obviously yes if the player makes no mistakes the disc will just play each scene uninterrupted, but it still stops between each scene.

And besides, bear in mind the original euro phillips LD players weren't up to the job back in 1984, being switched on in arcades 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. No wonder they died fast. The later LD players are much more reliable, (like the sony lasermax installed in my Dragon's Lair) - PLUS they aren't functioning for anywhere near that amount of time.

Good luck with the Daphne route, that's something you would do if you don't have any of the original hardware. Will you be using a PC with roms then? Or maybe a SA DVD perhaps?

Nice collection of vids there.
I'd love an enduro racer. Used to play it to death as a kid on my C64.
Although I'm a pin guy, I'd like a couple of vids. Enduro racer, NBA jam and MK.

Shame you don't have a Varkon, now that a rare and most possible the best arcade machine ever made.
Still a great collection of arcade machines.

Synonym9, what? That was the WHOLE point of using a laserdisc player in these games. Laserdiscs will JUMP to each specific scene and show a death scene if each room wasn't completed correctly. Obviously yes if the player makes no mistakes the disc will just play each scene uninterrupted, but it still stops between each scene.

And besides, bear in mind the original euro phillips LD players weren't up to the job back in 1984, being switched on in arcades 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. No wonder they died fast. The later LD players are much more reliable, (like the sony lasermax installed in my Dragon's Lair) - PLUS they aren't functioning for anywhere near that amount of time.

Good luck with the Daphne route, that's something you would do if you don't have any of the original hardware. Will you be using a PC with roms then? Or maybe a SA DVD perhaps?

Honestly, my Galaxy Rangers and Space Ace-cabinets (have to sell one of each) are the last point on my agenda at the moment. When it comes to the restoration I going make some research. Dexter also sounds very interesting, it makes use of the original PCB and uses BL-drive or something.

Shame you don't have a Varkon, now that a rare and most possible the best arcade machine ever made.
Still a great collection of arcade machines.

Thanks for the kind words.
I had heared about Varkon but it seems to be a reare bird indeed.

I searched for a video, this is what...a pinball in shape of an upright video-arcade-cabinet?

No matter what I say, yes or no....it would be a lie.
They are stored in an ex-industrial area in the woods and down for more than 40 years, so imagine how long they dont have electricity out there.
That was the main reason why I made the job to collect them all together and bringing them out in the sun, as inside you would´nt have seen anything.

On the other hand, videogames are not complicated.
They consist of

1 Monitor (tube and chassis)
2 PCB (where the programm of the game is saved)
3 a power supply unit

That´s all

Checklist:

You turn the game on, NOTHING works - probably the most easy problem, the PSU is dead and can be replaced with a PC-PSU, they are even better
You turn the game on, you you hear the game but the no image - The monitors chassis is faulty, there are plenty of guys who make chassis-service and upgrades
You turn the game on, you have a neckglow (on the tubes neck is an orange glow when turned on, the tube does´nt have that typical snowing when turned on as the snowing of a TV is when the tuner of a TV receives electromagnetic waves from the big bang - thats not a joke) but cant hear the game, the PCB is faulty. Get a new one or your one repaired. It is (like the chassis) usually a 60Euro labor. I can give you contacts in the UK of guys who do things like that. Mark Haysman for example is one of them. You find him on Facebook.

Last edited:
While I typed the last messege I have got a notice that someone sent me a private mail but cant find anything, did one of you send me a messege?

While I typed the last messege I have got a notice that someone sent me a private mail but cant find anything, did one of you send me a messege?
top right hand corner there is an icon of an envelope, if someone has sent you a PM there will be a number beside the envelope telling you you have 1 message..

Hover over the envelope to show the conversations (PMs) or double click the envelope to open your conversation page...

Even tho I grew up in the arcade days a lot of them I don't recognise lol was the same at the slam. I'm sure I used to play karate champ on the amstrad and **** my older bro off by sweeping his legs all the time

:rofl:I used to do this all the time on my friend with his C64 version. He threatened to switch it off and throw me out if I didn't tell him how to do the move :)

Back
Top Bottom