What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Williams Hurricane NEW IN BOX

Synonym9

Registered
Yes it is true, this is 1991 Williams Hurricane that has never opened.
It is one of the machines that comes from an Operator raid that is known under the title "The roadtrip of the century" at the Dragons Lair Fans Forum or under the following thread on UK-Video Arcade Collectors (UKVAC)
Somebody also covered the raid on Facebook but its the same link as in UKVAC:

Price is 7000pounds or highest offer, shipping from Austria is in the range of 2-300pounds.

If the machine does not go here in the next week it will go on eBay. I will post the link than.
I also going to sell a

Midway Radical
and
Midway Dr. Dude

that are not NIB but stood the last 25 years in the operators basement, so they are in good shape and not very used.
I will post images of those 2 soon.
IMG_20150706_203525.jpg

So a NIB Hurricane is around the same price in sterling as a NIB MMr? :hmm:

Wonder what state those batteries are in

Very cool..... But why a hurricane of all the games why a hurricane ;) ;)

That was an awesome read, loved looking at all those games.

But realistically, unless there is a Hurricane fan out there that rates it their no.1 pin of all time you are going to find it hard to get 7k for one, even nice ones struggle to get close to 2k as it is simply not a sought after game. Awesome to see one NIB though, probably the last NIB one in the world unless there is another barn somewhere with one sitting in!

Of all the pins to find, and its a Hurricane.
They cost the same when new no matter what title, but I cant see you getting close to your asking price.
Good luck with your sale anyway.

And the prize for the most overpriced pinball of the year goes to @Synonym9 .

This is not something cheap, that is obvious due to the fact that this is a 25 year old NIB-machine. If you say it is overprized then I just can say that it depends on what you like.
I am not a pin-guy but I looked at it running on YouTube and have to say from all pinballs I have seen so far (surely not many) this is the one I would also have in my game room. The music is so funny and the wheel of fortune is a very good idea.
As for the statement that it is overprized - pinballs ARE overprized in generell. I am a video-arcade-collector and have no touching-moments with pinball-machines and I will never get what you guys pay for that machines.
I mean this funny MM for example, I saw them offered for 12000 and more, I must be quite an idiot to pay that much for a used amusement machine.
With the NIB-machine I buy a piece of exclusivity.

I have a japanese Namco Galxian, while every other Midway or Bertolino (for Europe) -Galaxian worths something like 2-300 I already have got offers for my one in the 3000€-range.
Why? Because there is one at a member on the DLF-Forums, one in the japanese Namco headquarters in Tokyo and mine, thats all that are known to exist.
That makes the price. To compare the NIB-Hurricane to any other Hurricane or even machine is useless as it got that certain factor collectors are after.

And for the Info, I postet that machine on a german pinball-group on Facebook yesterday and have already offers up to 4000€.
I am new here and for sure I won´t post much as I am videogame-collector but in the Videogame-forums the reglements forbid it to discuss other members FS-prices or politics.
If you are interested PM me, if you are not look over it and forget it but dont make other members machines bad.

Of all the pins to find, and its a Hurricane.
They cost the same when new no matter what title, but I cant see you getting close to your asking price.
Good luck with your sale anyway.

That was a nice respecting answer.
Sir, for me the pins are all overprized and I see a difference but not much of a difference in a MM and a Hurricane, but thats just me.
I like the Hurricane and I have an offer of a guy who pays a reasonable price and gives me his old Hurricane as I really like the machine, and I feel no shame for.

Sir, for me the pins are all overprized and I see a difference but not much of a difference in a MM and a Hurricane, but thats just me.
So based on that, Hard Drivin' and a Starwars Pod should be worth about the same in video terms?

Pleading ignorance over what a games worth because its not your thing, doesn't make your asking price any more realistic.

Nobody is corrupting your thread, just everyone here knows a Hurricane is never going to be worth your asking price.

Also, if it does indeed still have original batteries in it, they have most likely caused alkaline damage all over the CPU board.

Trying to educate, not berate.

Whooooa!!! I've seriously under valued my pins for sale on here then.................. Ok blackout 6k and bk2k is now 8k... There any takers?

I know about that, you dont tell me sience.
It does´nt matter if you mean the price is not realistic, just dont commen it as this is a bad habit. If it does not go away its my problem anyways, I am not after your opinion.
I see a big difference in StarWars Podracer and Hard-Driving. They share nothing but the CRT, and if it is the Podracer Deluxe not even that.
The pins however oll play with a ball, shoot the ball out almost the same way, have flipper-fingers, drop targets, bumpers, ramps they even copied that DMD´s one company from the others.
Form-Factor...always the same too.
As for the Hard-Driving and the Podracer, the have about the same value, almost nothing but both are cool games for sure.

Whooooa!!! I've seriously under valued my pins for sale on here then.................. Ok blackout 6k and bk2k is now 8k... There any takers?
Exactly that is the reason why me and other collector are not much around in forums anymore. Now every clown jumps in to show the others how cool he is by teaming-up with the pals on this site against one person. But I dont care....

It was a joke on somebody else costs, and it was a joke against the person who gets attacked by 10 sides anyways. Why not to make a joke against the crowed...than you would´nt end up insulting me now, but to stand against the crowd needs character ;)

The pins however oll play with a ball, shoot the ball out almost the same way, have flipper-fingers, drop targets, bumpers, ramps they even copied that DMD´s one company from the others.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can distill anything down to its purist form, all cars are the same too, steering wheel, 4 wheels and an engine...

Back
Top Bottom