What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Williams Hurricane NEW IN BOX

One now offered a crazy amount of money

I read that thread and I didn't see any offers. One guy said $100 and some chump said he'd call you after church and gave a fake number and half an address ..... then the moderators said this-

A Few things.
#1. This is Pinside and if you are advertising on our site, you should expect that people want to complete the transaction on this site. Directing them to a non-existent eBay listing is not appropriate.
#2. This ad seems "off" to the Moderator Team. So Synonym9 needs to create a moderator feedback thread so that the Moderator Team can become comfortable with his attempts to sell rare games on Pinside. Though the moderator team is not responsible for vetting or verifying anyone or any transaction, this one looks suspicious enough to us that we are taking an extra step here that we are not required to take
#3. This thread is closed until further notice.
Marcus

Actually I like Luke's idea. Whoever gets a NIB pin next, let's get it opened by laser spiders with computer raptors then we can take the box, fill it full of bricks, age it with some old teabags, scrawl 'Medieval Madness' on it, and "honest I'm not kidding", and pimp it out for about ..... hmmmm .... forty thou?

you can buy a medical video camera of ebay for about a tenner ,its about 7mm wide on a long tube and plugs into a laptop !
as for the item you need all the paper work to go with it ,if not this will harm the price in a big way !

As many have said, make it available to the US, that is the biggest market in the world and they are way wealthier than the rest of us, good luck with your sale and don't mind us lot, it's mainly banter and everyone here would buy you a pint I'm sure.

Quick question for Steve C, who is the president of the Pinball police? we need some more banter :thumbs:

Actually I like Luke's idea. Whoever gets a NIB pin next, let's get it opened by laser spiders with computer raptors then we can take the box, fill it full of bricks, age it with some old teabags, scrawl 'Medieval Madness' on it, and "honest I'm not kidding", and pimp it out for about ..... hmmmm .... forty thou?

I have the NIB MMr coming allegedly in September, you can buy my box for a few hundred quid and tippex the r out and your fiendish plan can start to take shape, just bring round those laser spiders and raptors!!!! (Banter):rofl:

Mine hopefully should have the new design installed for that and just about every other fault reported, going to have a mmr nib party night when it arrives for those who want to quality control inspect, play it and of course buy the box!;)
No karaoke that night though!
In fact I should start a thread to guess how many screws/bolts will be missing!

Can some one tell me what a 'raid' is as referred to here?!

I'm confused.

It just means that someone found a big haul of old disused games. They normally do a deal with the person who owns them rather than turning up at 2am with balaclavas and torches :)

It just means that someone found a big haul of old disused games. They normally do a deal with the person who owns them rather than turning up at 2am with balaclavas and torches :)

Ta - not 'down with kids' when it comes to lingo!

Mine hopefully should have the new design installed for that and just about every other fault reported, going to have a mmr nib party night when it arrives for those who want to quality control inspect, play it and of course buy the box!;)

Tell anyone intending to screw it over to stay at home...... Only inconsiderate and/or jealous people will thrive on dissing your new expensive game Adie. F*ck 'em and enjoy it.

Thanks John and good advice but I think the northern guys are a geat bunch of people and constructive criticism and banter I can take and from what I know of them that's all it would be, hope you will make the trip!
Cheers

I see from the pics that your SA has the original phillips LD player installed? After all this time I'd be surprised if it works ok considering the state it is in and time/longevity its been in there? Stranger things have happened though! However as people have said before, it must be working and in tip top condition to command top dollar, irrespective of how rare it is.. It's a game after all available on many platforms, but an original is still a pretty cool find. Hope you get what you want for it. Anyway, this is a pinball thread so sorry for the hijack ! /runs off back to play dracula

Buying it from Williams or TNT Amusements with provenance is one thing. Buying it from our new Austrian friend is quite another

Buying from TNT is for something totally different. I only cant roughly imagine what that machine would cost if Todd would sell it. In generell I would´nt buy from Todd as I see his restorations are some kind of you home-worker style..especially the paintings. This is not industrial-grade quality plus, he would know that there are a lot of water is between you both and due to the high shipping this would probably will remain the only deal you make with him. So how motivated will he be to satify you? I read different articles about him written by unsatisfied customers, but that is not the topic here.
Being well known is nothing like an guarranty, I have been cheated on eBay by a long-term member who was very well known.
When I asked on UKVAC if someone knows him he turned out to be a very well known member and one of his friend even told me to shut the f...k up as he is a senior.
So it turns out in the real world.

I read that thread and I didn't see any offers. One guy said $100 and some chump said he'd call you after church and gave a fake number and half an address ..... then the moderators said this-

A Few things.
#1. This is Pinside and if you are advertising on our site, you should expect that people want to complete the transaction on this site. Directing them to a non-existent eBay listing is not appropriate.
#2. This ad seems "off" to the Moderator Team. So Synonym9 needs to create a moderator feedback thread so that the Moderator Team can become comfortable with his attempts to sell rare games on Pinside. Though the moderator team is not responsible for vetting or verifying anyone or any transaction, this one looks suspicious enough to us that we are taking an extra step here that we are not required to take
#3. This thread is closed until further notice.
Marcus

Honestly, I dont care what you think you have seen nor not seen. I can show you the email-correspondence.
One offered 1000, the second 10000 without to ask any questions.
I droped him a line and asked if the offer is serious and that I actually wrote that I dont accept offers, I had to choose one of 4 or 5 options and none of them was fitting my needs. He said that he thought that this is Pinsides new eBay-like system.

Further - I dont have a problem on completing the transaction on pinside, I did not redirect somebody to anything I ANNOUNCED an upcoming auction, that should´nt be to complicated to understand.
People like you now start to let a bad taste in other members mouth without knowing me, just out of boredom. This is why I am not much in forums anymore. If you are new you have to kiss asses for years until the seniors accept you and start to treat you like a human.

I will put the machine on eBay, no matter what you say and I will sell it. It is common to sell and buy worldwide from people you dont know and if you look in video-arcade-forums you will see that I am very well known.

I dont have more to say to that.
But for the future, please dont doubt my word, when I say I had to offers than dont doubt it, who gives you the right to call me a liar?
Why do you tink I added "PS.: Please dont make offers.....and so on" If I dont had some?

Here Mr. I have to make newbies bad
Pinsider screenshot.jpg
Whysnow screenshot.jpg

10000 dollars wow I would snap his hand off if I were you.

Just curious but how much did you pay the operator for the raid?

We have a word here...if you buy something on the cheap then sell it on at an inflated price it's called "flipping"

Obviously its not the original laserdisc player, but its a Sony lasermax and its been pretty bulletproof so far.

I am not going with the original LD-Player because LD-Players was never ment to jump from one chapter to the next which you only can avoid if you have a perfect run through the entire game.
With that in mind I doubt that any LD-Player is bulletproof. I will go with Daphne, this is really bulletproof.

Why do you have to be like that? I was friendly to you in this thread, I welcomed you and wished you luck. Many of us did.

In the Pinside thread one guy said "Id say more like 9,997.52 euro + shipping". Did you think that was an offer? He was pulling your leg. I didn't mean to call you a liar, I'm sorry to give that impression - perhaps the fact you are not communicating in your mother tongue is against you. Then the site moderators closed your thread down as quoted above, they thought it wasn't kosher.

You seem unable to take a bit of gentle banter from people who love pinball. You said yourself you're not a pin guy, you are selling an antique and looking for someone to buy it as an investment, as you did. I think you may be worried you could lose money on the deal. Maybe, maybe not.

I think you have a chip on your shoulder. It's an English idiom, look it up on the Internet. I look forward to seeing your ad on eBay.

Not everyone here is out to get you.

Reactions: JMP
Don't want to rain on your parade but there is a saying on Pinside that keeps coming up of "$10,000 by Christmas" when people discuss sky high prices (eg MM etc). I suspect that the offer from Mr Whysnow is probably not genuine as I'm sure I've seen him use the phrase a lot.

$1000 is taking the **** though. It's worth more than that

Back
Top Bottom