What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales shop log

It was really easy pudsey.
I dropped everything off the playfield then masked all the holes and plugged any threaded holes with foam rubber. Flatted the field off with 400 grit wet n dry and then cleaned it up and finally washed it with thinners to de grease it. Quick blow over to remove any dust then sprayed first coat. Must make sure you are in a dust free atmosphere though if at all possible. Then re coated it every 15 mins. Think I put 4 coats on it and that was it!!

If you do get any debris on it wait until it has hardened(24hrs) then just give it another sand and repeat above.

I have done 3 mini playfields and the ft main playfield so far. Will be doing the wh20 one next.

If you need anymore info just shout.

Forgot to say if you touch up any paint around inserts etc make sure it has hardened fully before clear coating as it will leech the paint out if not fully hardened.

Cheers kev

Todays progress - underside of playfield pretty much finished now.

P6080227.JPG

Now on top of the playfield - good progress today!!!

P6080223.JPG

P6080224.JPG
Looking nice and shiney!!!

P6080225.JPG

All new start posts fitted and rubbered up!!!

P6080226.JPG

Last shot of the day as I cant really go much further now until I order some coloured LEDS for the GI.

P6080228.JPG

Lo
Todays progress - underside of playfield pretty much finished now.

View attachment 7814

Now on top of the playfield - good progress today!!!

View attachment 7815

View attachment 7816
Looking nice and shiney!!!

View attachment 7817

All new start posts fitted and rubbered up!!!

View attachment 7818

Last shot of the day as I cant really go much further now until I order some coloured LEDS for the GI.

View attachment 7819
Looking fab Kev , p.s. Do you want to do mine ;)

looks like you might have a que of people wanting you to do there's Kev.
Looking sweet

Lo

Looking fab Kev , p.s. Do you want to do mine ;)
Tell you what Lee the bloody time that goes into it is stupid!!!! two solid days this weekend and still a bit to go yet!!!

Cheers Kev

PS you seen the Wh20 on Ebay looks a decent one?

looks like you might have a que of people wanting you to do there's Kev.
Looking sweet
Yeah Daz LOL!!!!

got enough on my own plate mate!!!

WH20 next (after a break first though) but need a lot of new bits for that first before I begin

Cheers kev

Polished all the plastics tonight. No more work until the LEDS arrive

P6090229.JPG

And one last shot of the playfield from another angle

P6090232.JPG

Damn!!! LEDs were delivered today, but I wasn't in, another 24hrs lost without progress!!!! Need to get this bad boy finished for NERG !!!!

LEDs arrived!!! Colour themed LEDs fitted and lots of plastics going back on tonight - starting to take shape now. Could be finished at the weekend!!!!

P6110234.JPG

The card I gave you lee pinball led . Co. Uk but I didn't buy a kit I have colour coordinated them myself so we will have to see what it looks like as sure it will need a bit of tweeking!!

I did LEDs on my FT - choosing the right colours for the inserts works really well, especially on the stringer. For the backbox GI I mixed blue and green LEDs and for the fish topper I alternated blue and green behind the shells. Looks fab in my humble, un-biased opinion.

Looking absolutely stunning newdos.

I had no idea you could get such a superb finish from clearcoat in a can. I've got to strip my R&B down again at some point and i'm really tempted to strip the mylar from it and do this because I simply wasn't happy with the level of shine I got when I did the last clear. I got the Treasure Trove Cleaning kit but i'm really reluctant to use it aggressively on a non-clear playfield. Perhaps this might finally let me get the level of shine I really want.

Certainly something for me to think about......

I did LEDs on my FT - choosing the right colours for the inserts works really well, especially on the stringer. For the backbox GI I mixed blue and green LEDs and for the fish topper I alternated blue and green behind the shells. Looks fab in my humble, un-biased opinion.
that's exactly what I'm good do Xenon!!1

Cheers Kev

Looking absolutely stunning newdos.

I had no idea you could get such a superb finish from clearcoat in a can. I've got to strip my R&B down again at some point and i'm really tempted to strip the mylar from it and do this because I simply wasn't happy with the level of shine I got when I did the last clear. I got the Treasure Trove Cleaning kit but i'm really reluctant to use it aggressively on a non-clear playfield. Perhaps this might finally let me get the level of shine I really want.

Certainly something for me to think about......
Thanks - I even left the mylar on and just clearcoated over the top of it as I thought that will add even further protection - plus I was chicken at having a go at taking it off!!!1

cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom