What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales shop log

No if you need to sand it let it harden then flat it off its much easier that way

Kev

I have now flattened off the playfield with wet N dry - looks a little scary doesn't it !!!

P5300193.JPG

Then give it a good clean up and masked it all of and plug any thread holes or lampholders etc with chunks of foam rubber in preparation for clearcoating

P5300196.JPG

Check back soon!!!

Cheers Kev

howay guys!!!! give me a break!!! this is the first time :) gotta say though clearcoat is wonderful stuff, and not just for playfields - think I have inhaled far too much!!!!

Just took a little cheeky look at the playfield, and even though it was never a fab example, after the clearcoat it does look really good. It will at least give it a new lease of life if nowt else!! which as far as I'm concerned is what it is all about, and hopefully this will give it many more years to keep pinball alive for future generations.

Told you the clearcoat was good - LOL!!!!

Cheers Kev

howay guys!!!! give me a break!!! this is the first time :) gotta say though clearcoat is wonderful stuff, and not just for playfields - think I have inhaled far too much!!!!

Just took a little cheeky look at the playfield, and even though it was never a fab example, after the clearcoat it does look really good. It will at least give it a new lease of life if nowt else!! which as far as I'm concerned is what it is all about, and hopefully this will give it many more years to keep pinball alive for future generations.

Told you the clearcoat was good - LOL!!!!

Cheers Kev
Any more pictures kev?

I,m getting my waffle buffer nd flattener back next week , if you would like to borrow , it will totally flatten it and bring it up a dream , just let me know
Hi lee,

Sounds interesting do you use this after the clearcoat to polish it as I have never heard of a waffle buffer!!

Cheers Kev

Yes it's basically a car polisher , one compound to totally flatten it then one compound used with waffle sponge which is a ultra fine polisher , it is used to get swirls out of car paint /lacquer , so yes you us it after clear coat

Might give it a try lee but I didn't know it could shine anymore than it is now!!!

Yr welcome to try , I'm getting it back early next week , actually the lad who has it is in Hartlepool , if you want I,ll bring it over and we can try it on the front piece under the apron and you can see what it looks like , in the meantime , where are the photies ? I,m dying to see it :thumbs:

Yr welcome to try , I'm getting it back early next week , actually the lad who has it is in Hartlepool , if you want I,ll bring it over and we can try it on the front piece under the apron and you can see what it looks like , in the meantime , where are the photies ? I,m dying to see it :thumbs:

ok here goes but very hard to try and capture the finish!!!

P6010201.JPG

P6010202.JPG

L

ooks great kev , how is the clearcoat doing for hardening off ?
Looks brand new from those angles , nice work mate
looks ok mate seems to harden off nicely after 24hrs - before that it is easily scratched. Well pleased with it !!!

Jet bumpers now in and all wired up an new skirts - takes bloody ages them things!!!

P6030207.JPG

Next job was the slings to clean up and re install after on the left before on the right!!

P6030208.JPG

and a shot of them installed - managed to catch a shot of the gloss of the clearcoat on the playfield a bit better on this shot!!

P6030210.JPG

OK the last few days I have been stripping, cleaning and rebuilding all the under playfields mechs which is now complete. Also cleaned all the playfield steels and wireforms today so they are ready for a final polish before going back on he playfield. Few pics below to show progress so far

Cleaned wireforms

P6070212.JPG

Steels before cleaning
P6070213.JPG

And after - still need a final polish

P6070215.JPG

And finally today the rebuilt flipper mechs the last of the under playfield mechs to complete . Time to move onto the top of the playfield now

P6070222.JPG

That#s it for today folks!!!

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• P6070214.JPG
    P6070214.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom