What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
eBay seem to do "Max £1 or £3 Final Value Fees" fairly often now, so I wouldn't read too much into that. If I wasn't such a lazy bastard I could've sold loads of things that are just hanging around. I've waited for those things on anything remotely big ticket, makes a hell of a difference paying £3 vs 10%.

PayPal fees are obviously still painful, but I'd be surprised if anyone buying a pin on eBay is actually paying that way.

Looks no bad nick. The fees are a bit steep if it goes for the higher end estimate.
I remember the car auctions used to be a regular evening for myself with a few hundred quid in my pouch. But nowadays the fees are that ridiculous that it's not even worth going.
Seemed the less people went, the higher the fees to balance it out. Very baffling!

there was a firepower at my local auction room a couple of years ago riddled with woodworm all over the cabinet and playfield,and it sold for £670,without buyers fees,I think sometimes people just get carried away putting their hand up

Max selling fees guys
de22a9a51919bc547dd7da733cc67b1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Think the seller is probably the Rob zombie guy who had a 'meltdown' on here and threw his dolly out of the pram and 'deleted' himself !! :eek:
After I sold him the RFM for the same generous price you sold it to me for Steve....only to see him up it by £600 about 6 months later.....I nearly had a f***ing meltdown!

looks suspect
I was thinking it sounds pretty legit. The story sort of makes sense, the location would be appropriate. Neither the images of the pinball table in the room or the CAD drawings come up as being posted anywhere else during a reverse image search. I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though... It looks a beautiful machine but even the one I played in a showroom didn't work properly.

I was thinking it sounds pretty legit. The story sort of makes sense, the location would be appropriate. Neither the images of the pinball table in the room or the CAD drawings come up as being posted anywhere else during a reverse image search. I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though... It looks a beautiful machine but even the one I played in a showroom didn't work properly.
The pin alien is bloody brilliant and a mega title in pinball, yes I agree the build quality is not the best but I personally don’t care ! If your looking for a wow pinball alien has it all
I personally think alien is a must in a pin collectors line up ?if you can afford to take the risk

Agreed. The game itself is excellent. The callouts, layout etc is great.

There are some questionable manufacturing decisions though. Like how the Alien mech uses a gear that is glued onto the shaft rather than keyed, as some guys on Pinside found out when they thought it had been stripped. The bespoke boards would concern me too.

Definitely not a game for someone who doesn't have some skills at keeping it running.

Agreed. The game itself is excellent. The callouts, layout etc is great.

There are some questionable manufacturing decisions though. Like how the Alien mech uses a gear that is glued onto the shaft rather than keyed, as some guys on Pinside found out when they thought it had been stripped. The bespoke boards would concern me too.

Definitely not a game for someone who doesn't have some skills at keeping it running.
It should have been offered when the manual was done. Once it is sold i doubt it will ever be produced.
I have to say from an investment point, it might be worth a punt.

Seems a good price for a decent, pretty rare game with cool music. Would have been tempted as close to me, but already played one through my system.... side rails look battered by a hammer though :hmm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Time-mac...564355?hash=item3b115fd803:g:wwYAAOSwCfRbJTNt

Would love this game as it would look great next to my Laser War. Unfortunately my wife doesn't share the same opinion.
I hope to have The Data East first 4 in a row one day. Those chrome surrounds all lined up would be awesome

Reactions: JMP
You need a Torpedo Alley, best of the bunch.

Which reminds me.... @ronsplooter seen that Ebay auction?
Probably the hardest to get out the 4. I remember a secret service sat for a while on here. Luckily for me, people don't rate these Data east games to highly.... Price wise especially ?

Nice one but not after a time machine at the moment [emoji106]I will be starting a shop log for Torpedo Alley shortly though [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Torpedo alley is a hidden gem. Not a lot of love for the alpha data east games before robocop. Time machine may struggle without a real back glass even at £750

I can't believe how much the lw3 has went to already. The Space jam looks like a fun machine.
If you got the lot for a decent price then would be good. But looks like you will probably need a few hundred quids worth in parts. That's assuming the boards aren't completely rotted
Black Knight. Playfield needs a chunk of TLC, backglass is more like a window than anything else and its not working. Still cheap tho :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinball-Machine-Williams-Black-knight-Flipper-good-project-non-working/202344443104?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Same seller also has a Lethal Weapon 3 and a Space Jam. All non working.

Lol yeah I saw that thread quite amusing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't believe how much the lw3 has went to already. The Space jam looks like a fun machine.
If you got the lot for a decent price then would be good. But looks like you will probably need a few hundred quids worth in parts. That's assuming the boards aren't completely rotted

By the look of it will probably need more than a cliffy to cover up the wear on the kick out "Wabbit Hole" on SJ, more like a moon crater!! But still a fun game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom