What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAF on gumtree looks suspicious £2,450?
5th pic shows a colour DMD and fester in chair but not on other pics German? Inlay cards and foreign plug?
Owner only just joined?
What does anyone think?

You can view the ad at Addams Family 1992 Pinball Flipper

Blimey that’s like half the price I’ve seen other sell for. Either a scam or the seller doesn’t really know what a gem they have.

Forgive my ignorance but how does one scam in guntree. I thought it was always pay on collection? In which case you’d see it was non functional or junk and simply not donthe deal.

Forgive my ignorance but how does one scam in guntree. I thought it was always pay on collection? In which case you’d see it was non functional or junk and simply not donthe deal.

It will be at the other end of the country from you but they will ‘ship’ it for you at either free or a very cheap price....

Or some other to good to be true scenario

Not the first time I have shown up to buy something and the item for sale doesn't exist. What does exist is a group of guys waiting to relive me of my monies and swiftly batter my head in.
If its too good to be true,phone the hospital to get them to make a bed up for you ?

Just paid 930 for the project Jokerz on eBay.... considerably over what i was willing to bid but got carried away.... again!!

System 11’s do seam strong money at the moment. Looks tidy machine which might only need a battery holder? Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a jokerz overlay if the play field is pants. Pic I saw though it looked ok.
Thanks i might take you up on that offer if its not as good as the pictures make it look. I cant see it sticking around very long, i think the music gets annoying quite quickly but its a project to keep me busy

The jokers may not be much of a " project" as the display shows the usual message you get when batteries flat or missing.

Typically it would be the same way as eBay etc, seller is unavailable for collection but can arrange courier for £50 or something. Payment via bank transfer or PayPal gift or something. Or worse - as said above - you turn up with cash in hand and get mugged.

New user on Gumtree with no feedback, and one of the photos of a completely different machine, and a price that is low enough to be very attractive but not so low as to be obviously wrong. It's the classic "heart over head" scam.

My ideal project is shopping the playfield and the less board work the better so hopefully this willbe a good one for me

Typically it would be the same way as eBay etc, seller is unavailable for collection but can arrange courier for £50 or something. Payment via bank transfer or PayPal gift or something. Or worse - as said above - you turn up with cash in hand and get mugged.

New user on Gumtree with no feedback, and one of the photos of a completely different machine, and a price that is low enough to be very attractive but not so low as to be obviously wrong. It's the classic "heart over head" scam.

Don't ever allow someone you don't know, for any kind of trasaction, to insist on paypal friends and family. Even if it means paying the fees yourself - it's a maximum od 4%. If they refuse to accept it, you know they're not legit.

As for mugging, if tyou are concerened, go with somebody else, insist on seeing the machines first, come back with the money later. Again, anyone legitimate would be fine with that, if they're not, then don't take a chance.

TAF on gumtree looks suspicious £2,450?
5th pic shows a colour DMD and fester in chair but not on other pics German? Inlay cards and foreign plug?
Owner only just joined?
What does anyone think?

You can view the ad at Addams Family 1992 Pinball Flipper
Well, I'm soon going to be a member of the TAF club! I'm so excited.

I had some time at work and messaged the seller, whose name ended up being "Alex" instead of the "Markus" on the Gumtree listing for some reason. Incredibly he told me that the price was actually lower than on Gumtree, he only wanted £2400 for it. Unfortuately he had to go to Germany on important business and he gave me the offer of either going there to look at it (he even offered me a 3 day trial?) or he would get it shipped to me at his cost.

I'm chuffed to bits that I'm finally getting a TAF, I've paid the money via bank transfer like he asked and now I just have to wait for it to arrive :)

ps. Dunno why the Gumtree listing is gone, must be because its sold....

Well, I'm soon going to be a member of the TAF club! I'm so excited.

I had some time at work and messaged the seller, whose name ended up being "Alex" instead of the "Markus" on the Gumtree listing for some reason. Incredibly he told me that the price was actually lower than on Gumtree, he only wanted £2400 for it. Unfortuately he had to go to Germany on important business and he gave me the offer of either going there to look at it (he even offered me a 3 day trial?) or he would get it shipped to me at his cost.

I'm chuffed to bits that I'm finally getting a TAF, I've paid the money via bank transfer like he asked and now I just have to wait for it to arrive :)

ps. Dunno why the Gumtree listing is gone, must be because its sold....

I genuinely hope you are being facetious.

I think your mistaken!! He’s selling it me!!

This is a copy of his email
Good evening,

Before proceeding, I will try to explain exactly how the transaction will take place:

1. I will go at the local agency of the shipping company, and I will sign a contract with them. I will leave the Flipper in their custody.

2. You will be contacted by the agents of the company, and you will receive from them, the scanned bills ( with payment and delivery information ) and the tracking number of the delivery, so you can track the machine online, using their website.

3. After you verify and see that everything is in order, you have to transfer the money - 2400 GBP to a bank account of the shipping company ( they will hold your money, until you finish testing the Pinball ).

When the 3 days trial period, ends, if you decide to keep the Flipper, you have to sign the necessary documents, so I can receive the money from them.
In case you decide, not to keep the Pinball, you will receive your money back, and they will send the machine back to me ( But I am sure you will keep it because it's in perfect condition. You will see! )

This is how their system works and in this way both of us are safe.
Let me know if you accept those conditions, and tomorrow after work, I will send the machine. and also, to do that, I will need your full name and address ( your shipping details + your mobile number phone ).

Best regards
Alex

---

- One of the great beauties of architecture is that each time, it is like life starting all over again. -

- Europe Architects -
- Partner & Group -
www.europe-architects.com

The link to his firm works but there’s no real detail on there website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom