What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers guys, couple of adjustments made and now playing as good as it looks. The faults were that the skill shot saucer wasn't registering, just needed slight adjustment to the switch arm due to the ball not making the microswitch close, and the cupswitch had a short so was always registering as closed. This was just because the one leg of the switch had got bent and shorted to the next leg.

Simple and beautiful.

Kudos, Indeed very nice.
Does that mean it is available for £1750...? Pm if interested?
Cheers Pete.

Sorry, nope. Only just got it and it's a fun game and I don't flip games. I tend to keep them or ages and lend them out

Last edited:
IKR - That TAF looked mint and went for a touch over £4.5k - expected it to fetch more than that. I so need one, and a FT and a WH20 and...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183066728236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it was mint compared to some of the stuff you see on here, to be honest. Looked like playfield had mylar all over (or was just dirty), which personally I'm not a fan of. £4.6k is above average money imo even for TAF, compared to previous eBay sales.

I don't think it was mint compared to some of the stuff you see on here, to be honest. Looked like playfield had mylar all over (or was just dirty), which personally I'm not a fan of. £4.6k is above average money imo even for TAF, compared to previous eBay sales.

It was the lack of wear on the PF - the recesses for the outlane switches looked virgin; certainly didn’t seem to have had a hard life, but yeah perhaps by PI standards perhaps not quite “mint” as needed a clean ;) reassuring view of price; I had always reckoned I’d need to save £5k for a decent one that was fully working and not worn.

How frustrating, 2 pins up for sale on eBay in Edinburgh. Not much comes up for sale in Scotland. Think they could be a scam when you read descriptions.

How frustrating, 2 pins up for sale on eBay in Edinburgh. Not much comes up for sale in Scotland. Think they could be a scam when you read descriptions.
Seller has 3.5k items for sale, perhaps they don't know the value of pins, don' think they'll be around for long if they're real.

And on his website on eBay they don't ship outside of the USA ,plus the Black hole there say it is HUO and the pic's say otherwise and the pic's also show the wall socket which is not English...
Think his site has been hacked !!

Emailed him, stated he wanted $1500 dollars, no uplift only delivery. Then both disappeared from ebay.

Getting a bargain on ebay is a classic time versus money scenario. There was a time when I regularly scanned ebay and gumtree multiple times a day looking for games. Moving at lightning speed when an attractive game came along. I spoke to numerous liars/ idiots. So many wasted journeys. Being told "There are no faults" as you heard the bongs of doom on start up over the phone. "There is no playfield wear" so you are stood looking at the knackered thing wondering how quickly you can leave the place without offending the owner.

I stopped doing that about a year or two ago. Since then, how many true bargains/ fairly priced games have come along ? games in my period (late 70s to late 90s) either in good condition or capable of being returned to good condition ? One a month maybe ? Recognising that there are a swarm of vultures ready to swoop on anything that looks underpriced, how often would you actually get one of these rare morsels ?

I would certainly have gone for that nice looking Diner, and @Courtney Blush looks to have got a real beauty there. @Sven Normansson got a lovely Fathom. But I now only buy from people I know and from the forum.

Too many of them look risky more recently but I got a STTNG, ST25TH and an I500 off eBay last year that I think I scored bargains on. All of those owners didn’t know the head folded down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reality can be a cruel mistress. He might actually take the rod out his a££e and realise Liberty charge too much, and we were about right. It’s Only worth 3k to someone who desperately wants that specific machine. Am sure someone will pay it, but it’s going to hang around for a while that’s for sure...

Recognising that there are a swarm of vultures ready to swoop on anything that looks underpriced, how often would you actually get one of these rare morsels ?

Advance warning ..... grumpy old man and rose tinted spectacles post alert :)

I'd say this is the major factor. Reality is we are old skool David ...we remember the ebay days when most stuff was auctions that ran to the end rather than all the high BIN and offers nonsense, and *critically* the collectors market was much much smaller - so you had a very good chance of bidding a fair price and winning. As you say now there are hordes watching ebay night and day, so whilst luck was always a factor ....the odds are now massively against you.

The days of winning a full length auction for weird and wonderful titles like Spy Hunter, Special Force for a couple hundred quid are long gone. Here is a good example - the Fathom we picked up locally in 2009 ...auction ended at 382 with just 8 bids !!!

Capture.JPG

Needed minor work to get it up and running ?? Can you imagine the frenzy over that now Happy days :) I miss them but nothing stays the same forever. *opens a beer*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom