What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Jam £3,500 anyone........
i.ebayimg.com_images_g_lIEAAOSwYeRaHs27_s_l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Pinball Machine . Space Jam 1996 .

Hmm, if not in Cupar then where is it? At least it’s somewhere in the UK there’s a royal mail box in the background.

Hmm, if not in Cupar then where is it? At least it’s somewhere in the UK there’s a royal mail box in the background.

Not sure! but another one with a similar description has been listed as being in Kirriemuir! 2 within spitting distance! how likely is that?

Looks like a scam. Dodgy pictures. Shipping included. Cheaper than expected.
If not, a good deal for someone to make!

Definite scam, same pics as the Kirrimuir one on ebay, which I think has been removed already.

I wonder how these scams would work in practice.. I mean wouldn't you simply say you'd be paying cash on collection? Or are they likely to say they can only accept some sketchy payment method in advance?

I wonder how these scams would work in practice.. I mean wouldn't you simply say you'd be paying cash on collection? Or are they likely to say they can only accept some sketchy payment method in advance?

Usually it's that the item is located somewhere that requires a courier e.g. Scotland. Seller offers free delivery so that you don't need their details. They require payment by bank transfer so you have no way of recovering the money. Then they send the money back to Romania. There was a documentary on it.

It's also likely that they may be getting multiple victims on a single auction by negotiating offers via messages.

Usually, its an angle to get a large deposit from you. They already have access to a UK bank account (not theirs) and they assume the identity of the bank account users name whilst talking to you on the phone. They then state they have many people wanting said item and ask you directly for a deposit to secure it.

if the seller is not known to me I always offer to pick up and pay in cash, if they won`t allow that then tell them to $$$%%&77)) off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom