What's new

Ebay Auctions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go, another one here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pin-Ball-...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item3398f477ab

Fab! - Oh I'm sure it is!
It's on steel frame and wheels - What in the actual hell?
The middle paddle not working - you know you're dealing with a real pin head here when they use the word 'paddle'
And chrome button not on the end - Ooh I bet it's fun to use that plunger, don't stab plunge with your hand unless you want a nice big hole in it!

What could possibly go wrong! It has blinky lights and everything!

The two most expensive machines on eBay currently (excluding NIBs) are my old TAFG and WOZ funnily enough!

He bought the TAF for £5200 which I think is about right. Not sure what he's on asking for £11k?

He/she seems to have loads of expensive items for sale......

Search for wmr20202 and you will find ride on lawn mower, motor bike, cameras, lenses etc etc..

Reported them all...

It's about time ebay did something about this scammer, you'd think they would be able to track him down.

To be honest I doubt they even care, there's probably tens of thousands of others like this trying to scam people, we just notice this one in particular as its pinball targetted.

I did a search for vmr2022@gmail.com the other day on Google and it's not just eBay but loads of other auction/free ads sites. He's doing Jet Ski's, Tractors, Motorcycles, anything and everything really. :tut:

of course they could but then they would lose out on the sale, they still get their cut even if you are scammed...

I haven't seen any of the auctions complete,ebay cancels them when they've been reported. Even if they did can't imagine the innocent seller's whose accounts have been hacked would be happy paying the fees.

The scammer must get his money from the ones who email him for an off-ebay sale.

The scammer must get his money from the ones who email him for an off-ebay sale.

i contacted him to show interest. he said "The buy it now price including shipping is GBP 1800 (delivered anywhere ). if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, also will be 14 days refund policy" ... i asked to see it, he says he is in Aberdeen and gave an address. i said my mate is just an hour away and that he will go to visit it for me - and what number to call - but no response to that ...... so i gave in and said the price was too good and i'd like to know what i should do next to complete the sale.

Ebay need to up their security to stop accounts getting hacked.

Wonder how many suckers fall for this scam? Serves them right for being so gullible.

i contacted him to show interest. he said "The buy it now price including shipping is GBP 1800 (delivered anywhere ). if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, also will be 14 days refund policy" ... i asked to see it, he says he is in Aberdeen and gave an address. i said my mate is just an hour away and that he will go to visit it for me - and what number to call - but no response to that ...... so i gave in and said the price was too good and i'd like to know what i should do next to complete the sale.
I wonder how he would get away with closing the deal on ebay? Ebay usually favours the buyer in disputes.

here we go, he's responded and is clearly following a strict procedure that works for him - if anyone can see his angle, or has any details of accounts that could be used, please let me know, as i'm not supplying this clint with anything

--------------

Hello if you want to buy it We will close this deal ONLY under eBay,with their protection. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's RULES and POLICY and will be supervised by eBay Trust & Safety Department..
After you'll receive the product you'll have an inspection period of 14 days.
So, I will need your full name and address so I can start the shippment, and like I have told you previous I will keep my word and pay for all the shipping taxes. And after that ebay will contact you with the payment details, and you will follow their steps so we can complete the transaction.
First name:
Last name:
Address:
City:
Zip:
eBay user ID:
Email address :
Phone number
Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards

--------
my best guess is that this is the key: 'after that ebay will contact you with the payment details' - maybe he has a spam ebay contact method that isn't really ebay?

Yeah that'll be it, you'll get an email that looks like it's come from ebay (apart from a few spelling fails - wouldn't be surprised if the scammer is based in another country)

here we go, he's responded and is clearly following a strict procedure that works for him - if anyone can see his angle, or has any details of accounts that could be used, please let me know, as i'm not supplying this clint with anything

--------------

Hello if you want to buy it We will close this deal ONLY under eBay,with their protection. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's RULES and POLICY and will be supervised by eBay Trust & Safety Department..
After you'll receive the product you'll have an inspection period of 14 days.
So, I will need your full name and address so I can start the shippment, and like I have told you previous I will keep my word and pay for all the shipping taxes. And after that ebay will contact you with the payment details, and you will follow their steps so we can complete the transaction.
First name:
Last name:
Address:
City:
Zip:
eBay user ID:
Email address :
Phone number
Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards

--------
my best guess is that this is the key: 'after that ebay will contact you with the payment details' - maybe he has a spam ebay contact method that isn't really ebay?

Please give him your name as Officer Jenkins and a Police Station for the delivery address.

You know it makes sense.

Dan you will need to be quick if you want to buy this...

I reported 8 ebay items with the same emaill address bit (wmr20202) ebay have finished 3 of them so far..

edit: MM now gone...

Yeah, this is an oldie but still seems to get people. You'll be sent a mail by "eBay" (which strangely enough if you check was sent from somewhere unrelated to eBay) with a link to a "payment page" where you put in your paypal account or credit card details.

They're probably not so much after the price of the fake ebay sale, which as has been said could be claimed back, but rather your paypal account/ credit card.

If they are after the money itself, they may try to get you to do a bank or Western Union money transfer, which you can't get back after they disappear.

i reported those 8 items myself as well after i saw your lead, Ian.

and i don't want to buy it, i just want to string him along a bit and try to learn the methods they use.
he won't care that it's not on ebay longer, i agree with Rog that it's just fishing for info - first ebay name, then slowly bit by bit the extra details needed to hack the buyer. only a fool would send the money like that and believe ebay was involved, but i could see plenty more falling for a well designed phishing scam. it's driven by greed in the buyer, thinking he can get a 5K game for 1800

Yeah that'll be it, you'll get an email that looks like it's come from ebay (apart from a few spelling fails - wouldn't be surprised if the scammer is based in another country)

Surely even if the deal did go "through eBay", it is how you pay that makes all the difference.

So, for example, you buy a pin for £2k through eBay. The buyer then insists on bank transfer. Then, when the pin doesn't arrive, even though the deal was completed through eBay, there would be nothing you could do (apart from go to the police and leave bad feedback)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom