What's new

Ebay Auctions 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea 100% I'd expect him to have got in touch with you had arranged to view it on Saturday and at least give you the chance to make a counter offer.

Its a bit of a trek from me in Kent so I was happy to bid on just the pics as they don't come up often. It's difficult to say what it was worth as they are pretty rare, but I really wanted it and would of probably ended up bidding more than I should. Sounds like you may of had the same idea.

Oh well nevermind, every cloud has a silver ling as at least we can't run each other right up on the auction now. The biggest loser here is gonna be the seller for not sticking to his word.

Well I was going to decide after viewing. It was my bid at £620....then I strangely got outbid up to £640...and then even stranger the auction then got cancelled. So am now wondering if the seller was seeing what my high bid was before deciding to flog it off ebay.

Shame as I would have gone higher at the end of the auction....but he will never know now. Just p***ed more about that fact he stated there was no buy it now more than anything.

I do not wish to defend the indefensible, or get caught in the crossfire but ........

I e-mailed this guy about his willingness to do a cash deal off e-bay when I first saw the advert. He told me that if someone offered him stupid money, he would take it as this could exceed what it went for at auction. The fact that the other game he was selling was also unusual (a very rare gottlieb cocktail pinball and one of only about 500 made), makes me think he knows his way around pinballs

The problem with Banzai is that there are literally none around. I think they only made 1,750 of these. The game is not the best example of that era to play but it will be a "must have" to an avid collector (vertical playfield, 6 flipper game, lawlor's first). The danger is that if you buy one, something critical might break and you are then screwed - so you might end up keeping a second game for spares. Now if you actually want a "nice" example, the only way to obtain spares is to basically buy every game that comes up for sale. Whether you pay £800 or £2000 for one will not matter to you - you just have to pay what it costs to get the deal. You then remove the things that are better on the new game than on the one you already own, then sell the "degraded machine" onto someone else as a slightly worse example.

I did a bit of digging on Banzai Runs and saw that some guy in the US owns 2 and wants to own 5. It is just that kind of game

My guess is that this game will be for sale again soon but with a poorer playfield and a few more broken plastics

It looked pretty tidy. I too was planning on bidding. Hahaha good job it did end early or we'd have all been bidding each other up! I'd say a I nice one with a working display would be circa £1500' I'd have gone to £1200 as it was. Just for the rare factor.

It's not *that* rare a title. Below 1K made is when things start to be harder to find imo. I know of several collectors on here/Yahoo with one in their collection. Pinpedia shows at least 3 UK auction results in last year or so. I would value average at 900/1K - more or less depending on condition.

And yes whilst I sympathise, .....its ebay ! Some deals/auctions go yr way, some dont. Someone offers strong money then most buyers will sell, regardless of what they may have previously stated. You cant contact the buyer offering to do a deal off ebay, then get narked when someone else (with deeper pockets) does the same ;)

It's not *that* rare a title. Below 1K made is when things start to be harder to find imo. I know of several collectors on here/Yahoo with one in their collection. Pinpedia shows at least 3 UK auction results in last year or so. I would value average at 900/1K - more or less depending on condition.

And yes whilst I sympathise, .....its ebay ! Some deals/auctions go yr way, some dont. Someone offers strong money then most buyers will sell, regardless of what they may have previously stated. You cant contact the buyer offering to do a deal off ebay, then get narked when someone else (with deeper pockets) does the same ;)
Where was it? I knew someone in Leeds who had one for sale but he was unrealistic about the price so I walked away.

Yea it looked like quite a nice tidy example of something you don't see everyday. The seller never had a chance to find out how deep my pockets are as he never made direct contact back to me either via eBay or my mobile. Common courtesy aside even If he had been made an offer by someone else, you'd of thought he would of given others the chance to make a counter offer in order to maximise the sale value. He had my number and had arranged for Andy to view the machine on Saturday.:hmm:
Where was it? I knew someone in Leeds who had one for sale but he was unrealistic about the price so I walked away.

I believe it was in Stratford upon Avon

Yes he was just outside Stratford Upon Avon. I'm just annoyed that he never came back to even allow me to counter offer after speaking with him last night and organising a viewing. Common courtesy really even if I may have not been able to beat the other persons offer.

Oh well, he'll never know now.

Possible scammer you say...

(0) feedback, highend game. What could go wrong.. ;)

Seems genuine enough to me, esp the contact email included to avoid the genuine owner of the account being inundated with questions :rofl:

I saw that moose and thought of you. Is that a reasonable BIN price? I really like the look of it. Looks quite tidy too.

My ropey unseen was £500. If I had the cash I would deffo buy it now. Im watching in the hope it stays low and maybe ill scrape it together. The manual is like rocking horse doo doo

Someone say they are going to buy this BW100 as I am not meant to be buying pins...
Also I don't want to bid anyone up.

Put Daisy on her feet today. First time in years. Rusty dirty but the old girl fired right up and i had a game so dont think ill be bidding.

Thought you were giving her a name so you could call her a naughty girl when she started misbehaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom