What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired DMD Led Color DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64, 128x16 manufactured by Pinballsp

Expired Due to no activity
What's latency going to be like? That's my only thought.

Do you mean about delay between read of ouput status and trigger events ??, I must check yet, but all these radio modules allow send data very fast, and data are only a few bytes for status of all outputs. So switches matrix is 2 bytes, lamp matrix are 2 bytes and direct outputs 1 byte data and 4 bits by each 8 outputs, so total only need 6 bytes to send status of ALL switches, lamps and direct ouputs. These 6 bytes repeat constantly to read in real time status of all. I think no problems with delays.

Also, with regard to the MK64/66 and DMD, whilst I guess they're not available now ... I'm guessing in a year or two it will be possible to get smaller LEDs of the type used in the DMD that are sufficiently reliable and long-life that higher resolution DMDs could be used. Have you thought about if or how it could work with for example a 384x64 LED DMD of the same size?

Currently there are already smaller leds for DMD, but very expensive, and though replace led panels with higher resolution, if original animations keep with original 128x32 resolution will not improve look. For topper I'm checking to do a higher resolution, so a 256*64, and play GIF animated files, but I must check yet what hardware use, microcontroller or Raspberry Pi.

Last edited:

Today I received several components to assemble first prototypes, two MK66 144 pin microcontroller and one TSOP56 NOR Flash 512Mb memory chip. In a couple of days I wil receive the PCB and ready to assemble and test board. Also I received UMultilink programmer to may Debug/Program the MK66 microcontrollers.

Tomorrow or Friday I will receive the AMBER filter and new mechanized frame in Black MATE metacrylate, also will test a new power supply and a glass filter to improve colors.

I have do some modifications to wireless controller board, and its close to be ready to send to manufacturer. This is a board to control MODS wireless by Bluetooth, WIFI or 2.4 Ghz, I will use it to do the TOPPER, so no wires between topper and pinball.

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_dmdmk618.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_dmdmk621.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_dmdmk620.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_dmdmk619.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen20.jpg

About DMDMK64, today I received the PCB, also received a new frame with improved mechanized, an AMBER FILTER to improve contrast and hide leds, and also I have do a WIDE DMDST32, this is like DMDMK64 a big board that is also the frame, so do not need add frame and final product is more compact and with better look.

Now holes for connectors are smaller, not two big rectangular holes, but small holes for each connector, so the board is more resistant and robust.

Attached some pictures about all I have receive today, so probably this weekend I will assemble first prototype about DMDMK64. Also I will assemble the new DMDST32 with AMBER FILTER, because I have already orders about it, even before I have advertise it.

I hope also soon may advertise and offer my SEGA 192*64 and Wireless TOPPER by Bluetooth. ALL DMDMK64 based, are FULL developed by me, HARDWARE and FIRMWARE, do not need pay extra licenses from third party.

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0020.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0024.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0022.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0019.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0023.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0021.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0025.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0027.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0026.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0113.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0114.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_pcb_0115.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Louis

Have you shipped the new dmd to me yet please?

Regards

Courtney

Hello Courtney.

Your order was shipped days ago, I provided tracking number to Steve by private.
If you mean if you will receive the new design, no, because I received today these new boards, you will receive the RED board DUAL Edition with before frame in black glossy.

Hello Courtney.

Courier company has phone to me just now, they say yesterday tried to delivery your package, but nobody at your address.
Please confirm that your address is correct and full, and that somebody is at home to get package.

Also confirm your phone number and if possible provide another phone to may contact with you.
Reply by private if you prefer.

You don't need to be public about this lol, it's certainly not any complaint against you. I know what couriers are like. Louis you're doing a grand job and I will certainly be buying more of these as I get machines that deserve them.

You don't need to be public about this lol, it's certainly not any complaint against you. I know what couriers are like. Louis you're doing a grand job and I will certainly be buying more of these as I get machines that deserve them.

Don't even get me started on couriers they left my sons £230 prez behind the wheelie bin the other day!

One of the two I ordered was delivered today, Luis addressed the package fine. However TNT who delivered it in the UK labelled it up with the wrong post code. I am just waiting for my 2nd one to show (well fourth one I have purchased) - but that will be in a few days as I ordered them a week apart.

I do keep saying this WHY NO GROUND WIRE ON THE POWER SUPPLY?

One of the two I ordered was delivered today, Luis addressed the package fine. However TNT who delivered it in the UK labelled it up with the wrong post code. I am just waiting for my 2nd one to show (well fourth one I have purchased) - but that will be in a few days as I ordered them a week apart.

I do keep saying this WHY NO GROUND WIRE ON THE POWER SUPPLY?

I know about GND wire, I need to see where connect it in pinball to provide suitable terminal and pictures to identify point to connect it.

I check Bally/Williams WPC, WPC95, no ground connection in 100VAC where not get power supply. There is ground in DAta East, Spike and Whitestar. As soon as I know where connect GND in WPC, WPC95 I will provide cable with 3 wires, blue, brown, yellow-green with three fork for DMD power supply and 3 wires with quick splices for pinball connection and proper length of cables.

Last edited:
I don't know who the original courier in Spain is, but TNT have an absolutely appalling reputation in the UK, and I've had many bad experiences with them.

It might be worth you using DPD, if you can, Luis ... or a company in Spain that uses DPD as their agent in the UK. They're by far the best IMO, and seem to be very well thought of where ever they operate in the EU. If it costs a bit more, I'm sure people would pay the extra, for peace of mind.

I'm client of a second courier company in Spain with international shipment, they are cheaper for USA, but I must check freight cost for Europe. Here TNT is also a very bad courier company, I had time ago many problems with that courier.

I will contact with DPD, if they work in Spain, do not know now. Here is not easy locate a good courier company with international shipment, most simply redirect shipments with another companies, and some like DHL or UPS only with with big companies. And Fedex is very expensive.

EDIT: Oh, DPD, yes, now I remember, this courier work in Spain with SEUR spanish company, and SEUR is my second company for shipments, now I only work with SEUR for USA shipments, but if DPD is good option, and because SEUR work with DPD for Europe shipments, I will try for next Europe packages to avoid more problems.

Put on a 40cm cable (or less) terminated to a spade terminal. This can go onto any screw that is earthed on the pinball.

For example, most pinballs have a metal plate behind the PCBs. Put the spade connector on any of these. Or even the terminal where the earth strap goes onto the backbox from the loom.

The ground/earth cable is essential. If you get a fault, and the power supply case becomes live - you touch it and wham! - you have a shock (I do not mean a terrible 80s band).

Also, what I do is on the connections you connect the 100v-230v AC too, get some hot glue and COVER THESE. Again - if you saw decide to check connections on your main power driver board - and a watch strap touches the live cable, then again - you will get a shock.

Put a 20 cents bit of cable on your device - or at least - put it in your instruction guide.

Do you mean keep current cable with 2 wires for 100VAC, and add one single cable for ground, so not a cable with three wires ??
No problem about add one single cable with fork terminal for DMD GND power supply and fork terminal to fix to some screw connected to GND in pinball.

I'm client of a second courier company in Spain with international shipment, they are cheaper for USA, but I must check freight cost for Europe. Here TNT is also a very bad courier company, I had time ago many problems with that courier.

I will contact with DPD, if they work in Spain, do not know now. Here is not easy locate a good courier company with international shipment, most simply redirect shipments with another companies, and some like DHL or UPS only with with big companies. And Fedex is very expensive.

EDIT: Oh, DPD, yes, now I remember, this courier work in Spain with SEUR spanish company, and SEUR is my second company for shipments, now I only work with SEUR for USA shipments, but if DPD is good option, and because SEUR work with DPD for Europe shipments, I will try for next Europe packages to avoid more problems.

Hi

I am looking at this thread with interest but as I live In New Zealand I want to make sure that a reputable company that sends overseas is dealt with. For me that is a lot of money for something that may never arrive.....

Looks like a great product and I will follow this thread with interest,
Regards
Clive

Today I shipped the first batch of multicolored DMDs, with the new amber filter and the new frame.

The amber filter in translucent methacrylate significantly improves the contrast of the image and hide the leds, the result is fantastic. This filter is optional and has a price of 18 euros, including the filter, screws and metal separators. It can only be fixed to the new frames and plates, since they carry the proper machining. This filter I installed in the DMDST32 Red DUAL Edition, but also the new DMDMK64 mount.

As for the new frame, it improves remarkably to the previous one. As soon as I can, I'll make quality photos and upload them. The material is now MATE instead of glossy, the result is a product not sensitive to marks by fingerprints and much cleaner since it does not attract dust by static electricity, as it happened with the previous racks. In addition the machining of the holes has been optimized, with the size adjusted to each connector, this also allows to hide the cables.

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_filtro10.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_filtro11.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_filtro13.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_filtro12.jpg

Working together with manufacturers of led panels to optimize the design, specific for applications in pinball. These screenshots of Autocad, I am currently reviewing the design to suit our application.

Working to avoid bleeding problem in DMDMK64, and some more improvments.

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen24.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen21.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen26.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen23.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen25.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_screen22.jpg

New DMDMK64 version, this add a Switched DC-DC circuit 8-36 DCV input to 5DCV 5A, to work directly with pinball power supply, so will not need add external power supply, so more compact, lighter, and will be 100% PLUG and PLAY. I must test yet this new prototype, but according with my measures I think will work fine.

Also add CAN bus with RJ45 connectors to connect wired with matrix controller to may control other mods (topper, etc...). I will do the X-Files mod to indicate episodes status with Keyframe by episode start/end and reset mod by star/end game. Also I have already on design some more mods with matrix controller.

About wireless options I have add also WIFI, so I will check what is best option Bluetooth or WIFI for config/udpate, will keep only one for Cell Phone Comunications and 2.4Ghz radio module for mods.
Testing currenly SEGA 192*64, Capcom, Spike and Virtual pinball. Next test I want to do is store and read a full colorized animation in NOR Flash, to check speed to read data.

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_foto1_10.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_foto2_10.jpg

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_foto3_10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom