What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialed In! On the way!

Can't see anyone buying alien or dialled in over this! (Star Wars)

Not even people who are not really in to Star Wars, and who love Pat Lawlor creations?

I'll wager you a pint of heavy that Dialed In takes a significant chunk of the spend that would otherwise have gone to Star Wars.

(Don't know how to verify that - but sod it, I'll buy you a pint of heavy anyway...)

I'll take lager. Dialled in is a good game but I don't think its a great game. Its JJP's best by a long chalk but that wasn't hard.

Looking forward to my pint @Neil McRae! You can have a go on my Dialed In in a week or so when you deliver my beverage....

Looking forward to my pint @Neil McRae! You can have a go on my Dialed In in a week or so when you deliver my beverage....

Lol! I of course forgot the power of the fanboy :) I’ve got you 6 cans of diamond heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still think Star Wars is a better game although they should have made it something other than Star Wars as the theme use is ****e.

Still think Star Wars is a better game although they should have made it something other than Star Wars as the theme use is ****e.

Really???? Would you to care to elaborate at all? I only ask as I believe the two games to be poles apart irrespective of theme. Each to their own and all that but I honestly struggle to see how the Star Wars code and layout can have made a better impression on you than Dialled In.

I will, of course, get back in my box if necessary!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Really???? Would you to care to elaborate at all? I only ask as I believe the two games to be poles apart irrespective of theme. Each to their own and all that but I honestly struggle to see how the Star Wars code and layout can have made a better impression on you than Dialled In.

I will, of course, get back in my box if necessary!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I think Star Wars plays better and has some interesting shots but to be honest I probably need to play both more. I’m not a huge fan of either I wouldn’t touch Star Wars not because of the game but as a collector of Star Wars guff that Machine is an affront to all that collectible - they couldn’t have got it more wrong.

I’ve historically never been a fan of lawlor games and dialled in at the start really didn’t grab my interest. I do like it more than I did to start with and the theme has developed really well.

I’ve found you really need to play a game a hell of a lot before you know if you like it or not and I’ve seen games that I hate now become games that I love (TWD and WPT for example).

To be honest though it’s great to be so spoilt for choice we just need better choices ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Star Wars plays better and has some interesting shots but to be honest I probably need to play both more. I’m not a huge fan of either I wouldn’t touch Star Wars not because of the game but as a collector of Star Wars guff that Machine is an affront to all that collectible - they couldn’t have got it more wrong.

I’ve historically never been a fan of lawlor games and dialled in at the start really didn’t grab my interest. I do like it more than I did to start with and the theme has developed really well.

I’ve found you really need to play a game a hell of a lot before you know if you like it or not and I’ve seen games that I hate now become games that I love (TWD and WPT for example).

To be honest though it’s great to be so spoilt for choice we just need better choices ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Fair enough! Thanks!

i wouldent dis star wars too much i have had all 3 at my house di sw sw le and to be honest the sw pro was the one that got played the most its certainly not going to keep you entertained as long as di but it certainly not a crap game

Cheers,
Neil

Agree, it's so hard to get a solid opinion of a game in a few plays.

SW, plenty of intense gameplay but didn't really know what was going on.

DI, shots are so smooth but haven't a clue about the rules as yet.

Of the newer games still loving Aerosmith and it takes ages to learn things that can change opinion of a game.

Just read ( I can't pick this kind of stuff up from playing ) , that during toys in the attic multiball ( which is 3 - 6 balls risk/reward ) there is a super jackpot and a double super jackpot.

These jackpots depend on previous shots plus they are higher depending if you choose 3, 4, 5 or 6 multiball!

And then, apparently, put a ball in the lock gets 2 times scoring, put another in to get 3 times scoring.

On the LE/Premium start double scoring on upper pf so that is 6 times scoring so possible to have huge super and double super jackpots.

One of the reasons I like the newer Sterns is this kind of dynamic scoring - the games don't get old as it's really difficult to do the above.

People have also been scoring huge mode scores on Aerosmith but I haven't worked out how yet!

A lot of my purchases I have taken a punt.. infact all of em! Never played them before I bought on
GBLE, SWLE, TBL pre-ordered blind.

GB great theme and I think that was the right decision. Starwars like it too, but was disappointed in lack of toys.. code is great.. when not blowing up boards!
Really liking the look of Dialled In and within a Gnats cock of ordering one

I was on the fence regarding DI and then played it at Tilt and also at NLP. It’s really great, loads of shots, stuff to do and looks stunning. Boat can’t come quick enough.

Still swearing at my GB LE until I fit a centre post mod :)

I'm focusing on JJP Pirates to take my mind of Dialled In. When Pirates is released I'll focus on the next to be released table to take my mind off Pirates...
That's what I do;)
So focus on Toy Story:D
And GOTG, Iron Maiden, Elvira 3 and Deadpool!

TBH I don't see why they dumped the camera after only using it in DI. Even a mugshot of yourself next to a highscore is cool thing in my book. Which DI will be doing on it's next update.

Dumped? I'm assuming you mean in POTC? I'm sure I heard on the Buffalo stream that there is one but they are figuring out how to use it in POTC. I could have miss-heard or dreamt that though.

Back
Top Bottom