What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialed In! On the way!

I know that I ain't the most knowledgeable geek on here

But imho this is the best game produced by any Pinball manufacturer since the wpc-95 classics like MM, SS, MB etc

As good as TAF or TZ ? Too early for me to say. But dialed in is head and shoulders above any stern that I have played.

@DRD - I couldn't agree more. I haven't been this impressed by a new machine for ages. It puts so many other recent releases in the shade!

Played it at Play Expo - was lovely.

If we weren't saving to move house I would definitely be in for one of these.

I think it is fantastic to see what I would call a proper pinball being produced.

I started playing when you had Williams' games side by side with data east's.

I funnelled plenty of money into de games. But when they were side by side the Williams titles, the latter were usually streets ahead

The reality is that Stern is DE. I doff my cap to it for producing games and not going bust. I enjoy playing stern games.

But di feels like a proper Williams game. And the first top notch Pinball machine produced in about 20 years. It is so sad that in the early to mid 90s these things were just Pinball. You played Taf. Then TZ. Then wh20. Then mm. Then MB. They just kept coming. Back then this was Pinball. Perversely a game like di represent progress. Whereas in the 90s it would have just been the next Williams game.

Well I'm not so much on the fence as skint! but fate does have a knack of helping me out in my days of need. I have had to loan machines out until after Christmas to make room for our monster tree so I am going to have to wait until Jan before I could accommodate one, saying that not sure where it would go but that is a minor concern.
On the plus side of things my ex has had an offer on the house and it owes me over 60k, once I know that is going through to completion I'm ordering as I'm sure Phil would keep until New Year.
I'm having one, i just have to be cautious as to when I push the button. (my TV also paid off at Christmas which also frees up monthly £230).
@philpalmer if you like a gamble and can wait a couple of months, keep me one back. If you want a guaranteed sale and the punter is there let it go, I will catch one next time (assuming there is a next time???)
Will call tomorrow and lay my cards (and Soul) on the table!
Great game.

Got to say I can't wait for my Dialled In to arrive. I went to NLP with no intention of buying any machine, let alone a 8K one, but I have never had such a good buzz off any machine since Addams came out way back in 1992. It just ticks all the boxes and I had to have one!!!

Cheers

kev

@newdos

I think you have hit the nail on the head here. I remember when Addams came out too, back in the days when bars rotated pinball machines every 6 months or so. After playing titles like swords of fury, transporter the rescue, earthshaker, ninja turtles, bride of pinbot, rollergames, checkpoint .....a TAF appeared in my local bar. It was simply in another league to everything else out at that time. And was also the first machine that I ever got and maintained the high score on

Before playing it at Tilt for the first time the theme seemed a bit naff to me but holy **** what a great game! The best new release of 2017 for me by quite some distance.

Aaaagh. Stop raving about it.

I absolutely loved it at NLP, like everyone, .... but am trying hard not to think about it too much. The danger being I'm suddenly 8k worse off :-D

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it........must resist it.... I hate it, I hate it.... I love it.,,,aaaagh... Nooooooo. Damn you Pat Lawlor and your bastard good game.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Could always sell a kidney Sarge? Obviously not your liver for the obvious reason.....

Aaaagh. Stop raving about it.

I absolutely loved it at NLP, like everyone, .... but am trying hard not to think about it too much. The danger being I'm suddenly 8k worse off :-D

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it........must resist it.... I hate it, I hate it.... I love it.,,,aaaagh... Nooooooo. Damn you Pat Lawlor and your bastard good game.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
When you are up North sarge your more than welcome a game or three !!!!

Cheers

kev

Back
Top Bottom