What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Compact Pinball Clock -last few FULLY BUILT - REDUCED

@Colywobbles can you do the case in other colours? I’d like to do a pink version for the missus :)
Not sure if I have pink as such but I can order a sheet next big order.
I do have a pink/purple Fluorescent which is really nice but they would be at least another fiver on top just for material.
94F881D4-81BA-460A-9FA6-3AF668842FF3.jpeg

Also again an extra fiver in gold or silver sparkle
69D177A2-88F6-4AF2-BDC9-FE06BC2012F9.jpeg

Bear in mind the display screen will always be dark grey for obvious reasons

I also played around with some nice holographic and metal flake Acrylics but they are stupid expensive.

Coly

Hey folks. still got a few boards & parts left, so if anyone else wants a self-build kit or a fully built clock, just let me know.

thanks,

Alan.

Hey Alan

I am very late to the party here but up for a self-build kit if it comes with instructions for dummies :)

Hi Alan just catching up on this if you have another pre built one available I'll take it.
If I get one from Alan I'll be looking for a case also Col.

Cheers Brian

Hi Alan just catching up on this if you have another pre built one available I'll take it.
If I get one from Alan I'll be looking for a case also Col.

Cheers Brian
I have sent @AlanJ several cases too if he building it up for you he may fit in the case to save you on post with me.

Coly

Just put mine together, fabulous way to spend an afternoon. @AlanJ such a great kit, easy to follow, everything matched up. Even for a total beginner like me.

PSA : that bit in the instructions where Alan suggests using plastic tweezers for the screen ribbon cables, but you think nah don’t have any plastic ones, I’ll use metal ones. Don’t be that person.

IMG_1228.jpeg

Last edited:
Clock and case arrived, thanks Alan and Col. Looking forward to putting this together!

Hey folks.

thinking about a few enhancements.

1. show temp and humidity together
2. simulate a pinball score display - i.e. a score that counts up a random

Any other ideas please?

PS - still got kits / fully built left if anyone else wants to join the party?

Hey folks.

Any other ideas please?

Hiya

Just a couple from me, how about

using one of the buttons to cycle the display (to allow for manual jumping to time or temp)

Pres and hold one button to freeze the display for a period (say an hour)

Hey folks.

Any other ideas please?

Hi Alan,

First of all thanks for making this available to us; found time to assemble mine today In between Easter eggs….
Of course thanks to Col also for the supply of a case 😁

So a couple of bits / ideas for your next build please:

1. Allow a greater offset for temperature as +10/-10 is not sufficient; -15 would cover mine
2. Allow the software to keep running after it has connected / disconnected again from Wi-Fi (goes back to configuration screen awaiting connection again if you lose connection / turn off the network.

(l’ve set mine up for work but to get on the corporate guest network requires 2 way communication and input from the device, so have had to use a personal hotspot which works fine but I don’t want to have to leave the hotspot on as you lose normal Wi-FI)
3. Not sure if it’s possible to show outside temperature with internal temperature, picked up from web, configuration by postcode?

Cheers

Allow a greater offset for temperature as +10/-10 is not sufficient; -15 would cover mine
Seconded. Thing is, we have to remember that whilst Colins case is awesome, it also traps any heat in (other than the small hole in the top to remove the card).... Am contemplating drilling some small holes in mine to equalise the temp a little... though i dont trust myself to get them straight etc :)

3. Not sure if it’s possible to show outside temperature with internal temperature, picked up from web, configuration by postcode?
My larger clocks do it by using the openweathermap api... Not sure if that might help...

Seconded. Thing is, we have to remember that whilst Colins case is awesome, it also traps any heat in (other than the small hole in the top to remove the card).... Am contemplating drilling some small holes in mine to equalise the temp a little... though i dont trust myself to get them straight etc :)

My larger clocks do it by using the openweathermap api... Not sure if that might help...
Oooh

I could possibly add venting on next batch if needed however I have about a dozen sat here that will have to go 1st unless I offload them out of their Jiffy’s and do a little rework on a quick set up Laser jig.

Coly

Hi Alan,

First of all thanks for making this available to us; found time to assemble mine today In between Easter eggs….
Of course thanks to Col also for the supply of a case 😁

So a couple of bits / ideas for your next build please:

1. Allow a greater offset for temperature as +10/-10 is not sufficient; -15 would cover mine
2. Allow the software to keep running after it has connected / disconnected again from Wi-Fi (goes back to configuration screen awaiting connection again if you lose connection / turn off the network.

(l’ve set mine up for work but to get on the corporate guest network requires 2 way communication and input from the device, so have had to use a personal hotspot which works fine but I don’t want to have to leave the hotspot on as you lose normal Wi-FI)

Cheers
1. I will extend the offset range -20 to +20
2. I will amend the wifi connection to carry on it it cannot connect and it will re-try every 15 mins, and if still cannot connect, will still function.

3. I'll put on the enhancement list as will need some investigation!

Hiya

Just a couple from me, how about

using one of the buttons to cycle the display (to allow for manual jumping to time or temp)

Pres and hold one button to freeze the display for a period (say an hour)
I'll do the first one - "+" button to advance to next display item

The second one is trickier, need to think about that one a bit more, will add to enhancement list.

Ok V1.03 available:

RELEASE HISTORY
===============
Release v1.03 11/04/2023
------------------------
1. Wifi connection, if it fails, then carry on, only attempt re-connection every 15 mins, and no reboot if cannot re-connect
2. Temp offset range increased to -20 to +20
3. Pressing the "+" button will skip to the next display item before it's time is up.

Copy "firmware.bin" to your SD card
Remove any existing "firmware.bak" file from the SD card - IMPORTANT!!!
Re-insert SD card and re-boot the clock, will update the firmware to V1.03

Back
Top Bottom