What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Compact Pinball Clock -last few FULLY BUILT - REDUCED

Still got enough parts & boards for more orders if anyone else wants one.

I've got some enhancement ideas for new software features, and, I'm open to suggestions from the user base once you get using the clocks.

Updating the software is easy - you just drop the new firmware onto the SD card (one file) and the clock auto updates when you next power it up.

haha
just sitting down packing up cases to post tomorrow and StarWars theme belted out of my clock at 9pm. Nice one @AlanJ :rofl:

Still got enough parts & boards for more orders if anyone else wants one.

I've got some enhancement ideas for new software features, and, I'm open to suggestions from the user base once you get using the clocks.

Updating the software is easy - you just drop the new firmware onto the SD card (one file) and the clock auto updates when you next power it up.
If I put it on top of my pins could it watch and tell me how to suck less?

@collywobbles can I get a case please, looks great.
Just heading out my garage to build mine.
I’m about all day if any questions.

Soldering the transistor : the 3 pins are very close. my technique is to solder centre leg first. i apply the tip of my soldering iron from the rhs onto the leg and feed the solder wire onto the other side of the leg from the lhs. same for other two legs.

I’m about all day if any questions.

Soldering the transistor : the 3 pins are very close. my technique is to solder centre leg first. i apply the tip of my soldering iron from the rhs onto the leg and feed the solder wire onto the other side of the leg from the lhs. same for other two legs.
They are very close! I actually tested the holes in the board first as they're that close I wasn't sure they were separate :) .

Not at the moment, the sensor just sends the computer the temperature value. I think I'll have to build in something to the software to allow a -/+ offset. its on the s/w enhancement list!
PS I'll add an offset to the humidity too.

One thing that I find super handy is a time signal on the hour if all possible. Back in the early days of Casio watches it was a must have and the older I get it keeps the track of time in the background which is really helpful.

OK guys I didn't realise but I've ran out of the tinted front screen acrylic so have ordered some up today and it should be here at the latest Tues/Wed next week.

I have however sent 10 case kits out as of today with 3 more waiting ready just to chuck in the screens and post.

Coly

Ability to add events to the config file and pop up intermittently as '135 Days to Pinfest' for example

Alan what do you think about having a shared area on your GoogleDrive for folks to upload new backglass images?

Just as couple of idea, neither of which are required so feel free to ignore 👍

I didn't see a led on the voltage regulator but have it configured to 5v 👍
D2 top right of pic. it’s possible that it’s faulty/missing?
BDD5F63F-3125-4EDD-B7F0-53B14923C4EA.jpeg

One thing that I find super handy is a time signal on the hour if all possible. Back in the early days of Casio watches it was a must have and the older I get it keeps the track of time in the background which is really helpful.
On the enhancement list. - Ability to select an hour chime tune!

Ability to add events to the config file and pop up intermittently as '135 Days to Pinfest' for example

Alan what do you think about having a shared area on your GoogleDrive for folks to upload new backglass images?

Just as couple of idea, neither of which are required so feel free to ignore 👍
Will add the first one to enhancement list.

Yes please let's share all the screen shots. Happy you send em to me. Or I can have a go at a shared upload area? EDIT - Folder called "user Upload Images" in my gdrive is writeable, so you can save to here:

Ok @Colywobbles and @Moorey

New software V1.02 has been uploaded to the shared drive:

2 new features:

1. New Temperature offset parameter so you can adjust the temperature by -10 to +10 degrees. Tends to show higher than it should so try setting to a minus figure.
2. New Hourly Chime Feature - can be switched off and on like an alarm. Will play a shorter version of any selected tune every hour (except during quiet time).
3. Both above new settings are maintained within the set-up menu.

The software folder contains instructions on how to upgrade your firmware. It's dead easy - copy the file "firmware.bin" to your SD card, and pop it back in and reboot - it will upload the new software.

Ok @Colywobbles and @Moorey

New software V1.02 has been uploaded to the shared drive:

2 new features:

1. New Temperature offset parameter so you can adjust the temperature by -10 to +10 degrees. Tends to show higher than it should so try setting to a minus figure.
2. New Hourly Chime Feature - can be switched off and on like an alarm. Will play a shorter version of any selected tune every hour (except during quiet time).
3. Both above new settings are maintained within the set-up menu.

The software folder contains instructions on how to upgrade your firmware. It's dead easy - copy the file "firmware.bin" to your SD card, and pop it back in and reboot - it will upload the new software.
Dam it man you don’t mess about 👍

All done in less than two hours by my daughter (13 years old) who has never soldered anything before. Now that's a testament to good design and instructions. Just need to get some double sided tape to stick the ips panels to the board.

All done in less than two hours by my daughter (13 years old) who has never soldered anything before. Now that's a testament to good design and instructions. Just need to get some double sided tape to stick the ips panels to the board.
That's impressive I must have been about 2 hours.

I used some glue I had bought for replacing smart phone screens it gave me some time to get the alignment spot on before securing down with tape until the glue had set.

Back
Top Bottom