What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Compact Pinball Clock -last few FULLY BUILT - REDUCED

Another feature request (no idea if this is a difficult thing to do). Pull in photos from a specific folder / most recent / favourite on Google Photos / iPhotos.

Another feature request (no idea if this is a difficult thing to do). Pull in photos from a specific folder / most recent / favourite on Google Photos / iPhotos.
You can add your own folders with images in - just ensure these are 135X240 pixels. You can cut a single image of size 945 X 240 into 7 separate images of 135 X 240 easy enough using:

name a single image "splash0.jpg" (which will be repeated across all 7 screens) or 7 images "splash0.jpg" .... "splash6.jpg"

Small request, EM score reel font for clock ( black numbers on white ), I'm surprised that isn't in there.
Here it is:

1. Remove all the 130-139.jpg files on your SD card - make sure you remove them all including the 130c.jpg ..... 139c.jpg - as this new font doesn't have commas

Copy the new 103-139 files from the link above.

Posting as may be of use to other pinball clock owners....

My daughter is building her second clock and wants to add loads of non-pinball images. Having showed her how to do this in an image editor, she lost all interest, so I thought I'd have a bit of a hack using an existing JavaScript library called cropper.js.

The result (please excuse as is only a few hours work) is this, which is free for anyone to use: http://ashearl.co.uk/PCC/PCC/

Instructions (Computer only, cant see how this would work on a mobile device unless there is a SD reader):
1) Go to http://www.ashearl.co.uk/PCC/PCC/
2) Upload your own image using the upload icon, then select your image.
1681315326134.png

3) Crop the image, the aspect ratio is automatically set for you.
1681315428852.png

4) Click Create Cropped Images
5) You will then see a window with the cropped select and some numbered buttons.
1681315532621.png

6) Click each button in turn and then check your Downloads folder. It should look like this.
1681315596880.png

7) Create a new folder on your SD card
1681315699381.png

8) Move the downloaded splash screens into this new folder.
1681315754436.png

9) Keep repeating until you have added all the images you want.

Hope this helps someone else out ;)

Cheers
Ash

IMG_20230412_171109618_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
This is fabulous! I’m about to do the same for my missus with a bunch of pictures of our dogs. Save me a load of time!

Ok V1.03 available:

RELEASE HISTORY
===============
Release v1.03 11/04/2023
------------------------
1. Wifi connection, if it fails, then carry on, only attempt re-connection every 15 mins, and no reboot if cannot re-connect
2. Temp offset range increased to -20 to +20
3. Pressing the "+" button will skip to the next display item before it's time is up.

Copy "firmware.bin" to your SD card
Remove any existing "firmware.bak" file from the SD card - IMPORTANT!!!
Re-insert SD card and re-boot the clock, will update the firmware to V1.03
Hi Alan,
Trid this to update the firmware this afternoon, however the clock is just stuck on V1 still - hasnt noticed that theres a firmware update on the card....
Rebooted, and still showing V1 (Not V1.03)

Does the firmware file need to go into the root of the card??

Cheers
Paul

Hi Alan,
Trid this to update the firmware this afternoon, however the clock is just stuck on V1 still - hasnt noticed that theres a firmware update on the card....

Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul,

just updated mine to v1.03 this afternoon - thanks @AlanJ for solving the Wi-Fi snag 👍

I found that it needed me to connect to the Wi-Fi before it rebooted and found the updated software in root like you say.
But not aware if you had it set to connect to a network so your problem may be different.

Going to assume you followed the other instructions 🤞

Lee

Hi Paul,

just updated mine to v1.03 this afternoon - thanks @AlanJ for solving the Wi-Fi snag 👍

I found that it needed me to connect to the Wi-Fi before it rebooted and found the updated software in root like you say.
But not aware if you had it set to connect to a network so your problem may be different.

Going to assume you followed the other instructions 🤞

Lee
Ditto, mine needed connection to wifi, then upgraded

Hi Alan,

Cheers
Paul
yes the file "firmware.bin" needs to be in the root folder.

Posting as may be of use to other pinball clock owners....

My daughter is building her second clock and wants to add loads of non-pinball images. Having showed her how to do this in an image editor, she lost all interest, so I thought I'd have a bit of a hack using an existing JavaScript library called cropper.js.

The result (please excuse as is only a few hours work) is this, which is free for anyone to use: https://ashearl.co.uk/PCC/PCC/

Instructions (Computer only, cant see how this would work on a mobile device unless there is a SD reader):
1) Go to https://ashearl.co.uk/PCC/PCC/
2) Upload your own image using the upload icon, then select your image.
View attachment 199307
3) Crop the image, the aspect ratio is automatically set for you.
View attachment 199308
4) Click Create Cropped Images
5) You will then see a window with the cropped select and some numbered buttons.
View attachment 199309
6) Click each button in turn and then check your Downloads folder. It should look like this.
View attachment 199310
7) Create a new folder on your SD card
View attachment 199311
8) Move the downloaded splash screens into this new folder.
View attachment 199312
9) Keep repeating until you have added all the images you want.

Hope this helps someone else out ;)

Cheers
Ash

View attachment 199313
@Ashbo A cheeky request :) How easy would it be to add an option to crop a single image to the correct size? I have a bunch that I don't want to turn into 6 images, just want them displayed as single images.

@Ashbo A cheeky request :) How easy would it be to add an option to crop a single image to the correct size? I have a bunch that I don't want to turn into 6 images, just want them displayed as single images.
Pretty simples, I'll see if I can have a peek at the weekend

Just open in something like microsoft Paint and crop and resize. it's easy

Hiya @johnh - it was simpler to implement than I thought. The website now has a couple of modes;

The original Multi-segment cropper and now a single segment cropper. I hope this helps? 😎👍

1683878072806.png

Cheers, Ash

@AlanJ Couple of questions on image naming. I'm using @Ashbo life saving tool to make a bunch of pics for a clock for the other halves birthday. I have around 200 I'm converting. Got some questions on naming and folder structure.
1) Does each set of 0 to 7 (or each single image) need to be placed in their own folder or can they be chucked in a single directory and the software figures it out? (for example, it'll understand that Splash 0 - 36, Splash 1 - 36, Splash 2 - 36 et are all part of the same sequence).
2) How forgiving is the naming. For example, for single images - is 'splash0-1' , 'splash0-3', 'splash 0-32' ok? or does each one need to be in a separate folder (pending answer above) and strictly named 'splash0'

splash0.jpg to splash6.jpg are the only names it will use, and they need to be in separate folders.
Also need to be down in a folder under another folder in "splash screens" folder. e.g. /splash screens/gottlieb/james bond/

Hi @AlanJ Im struggling with some changes I'm trying to make :) Issue number 1 (of 2 :) )

I've cropped around 100 images, they're in a folder on the SD card called 'splash screen' (I renamed the old one to 'old splash screens') in sub folders, so /splash screens/doggos/dog pics/1 , /splash screens/doggos/dog pics/2 , /splash screens/doggos/dog pics/3 etc. Some are individual shots called 'splash0.jpg', others are the full sequence. 'splash0.jpg' through to 'splash6.jpg'. When I start up the clock I get the boot sequence, but then the screens go dark. If I rename the folders so the originals are back to 'splash screens' it all works fine, so it's something to do with my images. any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 13.48.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 13.48.28.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi. I think you have too many folder levels. should only be three levels deep eg :
/splash screens/folder2/folder3/splash0.jpg

not :
/splash screens/folder2/folder3/folder4/splash0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom