What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Compact Pinball Clock -last few FULLY BUILT - REDUCED

Hi @AlanJ Im struggling with some changes I'm trying to make :) Issue number 1 (of 2 :) )

I've cropped around 100 images, they're in a folder on the SD card called 'splash screen' (I renamed the old one to 'old splash screens') in sub folders, so /splash screens/doggos/dog pics/1 , /splash screens/doggos/dog pics/2 , /splash screens/doggos/dog pics/3 etc. Some are individual shots called 'splash0.jpg', others are the full sequence. 'splash0.jpg' through to 'splash6.jpg'. When I start up the clock I get the boot sequence, but then the screens go dark. If I rename the folders so the originals are back to 'splash screens' it all works fine, so it's something to do with my images. any ideas?
Try renaming Doggos to Mix 1

Attachments

• splash0.jpg
    splash0.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 14.37.56.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 14.37.56.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 4
New Software V1.04 released today. This is a tiny change to allow wi-fi SSID names that are longer than 20 characters, now will recognise names up to 40 characters in length.
You only need to apply this release if you wi-fi name is longer than 20 chars. Mentioning no one in particular @HomerRamone ;)

Also - still a few clock kits (or fully built) left, if anyone else wants one.

New Software V1.04 released today. This is a tiny change to allow wi-fi SSID names that are longer than 20 characters, now will recognise names up to 40 characters in length.
You only need to apply this release if you wi-fi name is longer than 20 chars. Mentioning no one in particular @HomerRamone ;)

Also - still a few clock kits (or fully built) left, if anyone else wants one.

And cases 😂

I have a spare Fathom backglass in a frame. I have been trying to build an Arduino powered set of clock/displays but without much success.
Can I buy 4 number 7digit displays and 1 number 6 digit display and get them all showing the same thing in a synchronized manner.
Not quite sure about the 6 digit (only 4 digits show), so maybe that display just shows Fathom fonts.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments

I have a spare Fathom backglass in a frame. I have been trying to build an Arduino powered set of clock/displays but without much success.
Can I buy 4 number 7digit displays and 1 number 6 digit display and get them all showing the same thing in a synchronized manner.
Not quite sure about the 6 digit (only 4 digits show), so maybe that display just shows Fathom fonts.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments
Hi, you could buy one of my clocks to fit in say the Player 1 spot and then get some additional screens/pcbs and put them in the P2, P3, P4 spots, then wire them back to the control signals from the clock, so that they pick up the same output that the clock is displaying. You would need to provide power at 3.3v to each additional set of displays, the 3.3v power from the clock unit could not power all those extra displays.

To handle a different display to the Credit/match ball in play spot - you could just use another of my clocks and set it just to display the fathom splash screens.

Hi, you could buy one of my clocks to fit in say the Player 1 spot and then get some additional screens/pcbs and put them in the P2, P3, P4 spots, then wire them back to the control signals from the clock, so that they pick up the same output that the clock is displaying. You would need to provide power at 3.3v to each additional set of displays, the 3.3v power from the clock unit could not power all those extra displays.

To handle a different display to the Credit/match ball in play spot - you could just use another of my clocks and set it just to display the fathom splash screens.
Thanks
I hoped your answer would be that, but I am no expert on electronics so need a bit of hand holding. I can solder etc, but at 63 coding etc is above me.
Do you sell all the bits you describe and can I buy them from you and a bit of advice on a power supply(s).

Thanks
I hoped your answer would be that, but I am no expert on electronics so need a bit of hand holding. I can solder etc, but at 63 coding etc is above me.
Do you sell all the bits you describe and can I buy them from you and a bit of advice on a power supply(s).
Yes PM me

2 clocks built so far.
Both cycling time, date, temperature, humidity and Fathom images.
2 more to build and slot in behind the Fathom backglass.
Great clocks, thanks Alan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-02 143611.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 143611.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 51
Got a few self build kits left. Were £64 UK posted, on SALE AT REDUCED PRICE of £44 posted. DM me if you want one. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.

Got a few self build kits left. Were £64 UK posted, on SALE AT REDUCED PRICE of £44 posted. DM me if you want one. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.
I will take one, have sent you a message.

Thanks

I found 3 fully built clocks in a box this morning, that i forgot I made, so offering these up for sale at reduced price of £85 each posted. Each clock will come with one of colywobbles acrylic cases for you to make up.
(One of the clocks has a case fitted, but I misaligned the front screen so it dont look perfect - so I will include a brand new case, for you to make up and swap over).

LMK if you want one. These are for sure the very last 3

first 2 Pics show clock without case with the case parts in front, last 2 - clock with case on.

IMG_7388.JPG
IMG_7389.JPG
IMG_7390.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG

OK spoke to Alan this morning I have a clock here however it does not include a PSU as I didn’t get one and currently use a one off my other devices/toys

Trying to have a clear out and declutter or I’m sure the wife gonna pack her bags! Me and Gabe can’t live of beans on toast alone.

£70 plus £5 next day p&p
1st dibs to @Lecari
2nd dibs to @JustLikeMe

Edit
Checked this morn all working but TBH this is still on original code which I’m sure Alan has updated several times now. I’m guessing easy update via SD I just don’t get around to it.
Will also throw in an extra case as spare.

IMG_1154.jpeg
IMG_1155.jpeg

Thx Col

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom