What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone used Martin recently?

Was in North Yorkshire last week. I'm quite convenient to him for drop-offs and collections though - only an hour away.

Martin came yesterday to Surrey with my CV. He was off to Poole and Bournemouth if that helps.

Martin has been to South Wales this morning and has left on his way back up to Leicester. JD in the house but need some strapping lads to to get it upstairs @edward.emms & @PinballDaze :D.

Edit... After my injuries thread I should say that it will be head off, playfield out before it goes upstairs.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend any individuals or otherwise that they've used for pin deliveries other than Martin? Im more than happy to utilise him, however it sounds like he's fully booked out long in advance. I've tried getting hold of him for potential deliveries a couple of times without luck. Albeit at short notice! It doesn't seem like his operation is suitable if you need to move fast. Not having a dig at him, just wondering what other reliable and safe options people can recommend for people like me without vehicles.

Used martin last week to collect a pin I was getting for a pal, collected within 48h and dropped the next day. Excellent and super easy to deal with :)

Just commenting as I found it, used him once before and it took a while, but dropped on lucky. I live maybe 20-25 miles up the m1 from him.

Scotland next Wednesday apparently. I haven't bought anything yet tho but was just enquiring as I have that itch that needs scratching :hmm:.....bloody silly hobby this!:cuckoo:

Bean skimming through this thread and I think you guys needs a " where is Martin now app " for him a bit like a tracker :D

Agreed. Martin said 10 days ago he would be Scotland yesterday/today.. and he's on the south coast :tut:

The machine needs to be collected sooner rather than later.
going to find alternative :oops:

C'mon guys, we've all used Martin enough to know. Instruct him and forget about it.
You might get it within 48 hrs or you might wait 3 months. If you're not cool with that, maybe use someone else or get it yourself.
I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing but I know others are not. I actually find it funny.

C'mon guys, we've all used Martin enough to know. Instruct him and forget about it.
You might get it within 48 hrs or you might wait 3 months. If you're not cool with that, maybe use someone else or get it yourself.
I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing but I know others are not. I actually find it funny.

It's OK when it is between group members, but when it is off ebay or from someone not on group who wants it gone because they are moving/ going on holiday or need the space asap it's not

It's OK when it is between group members, but when it is off ebay or from someone not on group who wants it gone because they are moving/ going on holiday or need the space asap it's not

I hear ya Dave and if that's the case I'd look elsewhere.... or get it myself.

I usually use Red Wing Logistics these days. Half the price, half the waiting time. Every van has a tail lift and everyone who's come to pick a machine up has been totally professional.

I'd still recommend Martin to others but down this way, I often get his brother-in-law instead.
And, no offence to Martin as I've said this before and he seems to have got the right hump about it, his brother-in-law isn't worth the premium that Martin himself justifies.

There. I said it again.

I've had machines delivered by both Martin and his brother in law in the last 6 months or so. Absolutely fantastic service on both occasions.

One man in his van covering England, Wales and some of Scotland and sometimes assisted by his brother in law and his brother in laws brother (and my brothers cousin or my cousins brother - thats just for John Whitfield :))

Ffs he isn't Santa Claus so can't deliver everything in one night/zap just like that so why do people keep bitching, winging, whining. If he suddenly said I've had enough then we would be fooked!!! ;)

Red Wing Logistics, really honestly you are having a laugh, ok they might pick up from A to get to B but when it is further than A, not on a main route etc then they don't want to know, or it takes them weeks!!

Believe there is a good thread on UkVac or such like forum about Red Wing :)

Some peeniss arranged them to collect a pin from me, at least 2 if not 3 times Red Wing didn't turn up and then when they did driver said to me "Glad you have folded it down/taken legs off as we usually bend/damage them when we do it" :eek: Yes true and then the machine spent at least a week traveling around the UK in back of a van :eek:

There are so many variables that Martin has to deal with, people changing their mind, machines not ready, can only collect at x time, can only deliver at y time, road works, traffic jams, etc, etc.

The guy has got to make a living/profit from it so has to route things/plan trips. He can't just go to Scotland pick up one machine and then deliver to Cornwall or go to Norwich for one machine and then deliver it to Manchester (only examples from to and bear no relation to any collections deliveries)

Only saying be careful what you wish/winge for ;)

Last edited:
I even heard a tale about martin driving all the way to America to pick up a machine. Single handed with no sleep.... And they still complained it was late being delivered!

Back
Top Bottom