What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone used Martin recently?

Martin delivered to me up in Sunderland 2 weeks ago, was having a chat about his schedule over the coming weeks. Yes he's busy but not unavailable, so just continue playing "the martin lottery" until you get a response.

I'm not going to lie, he is extremely frustrating to deal with at times.

I think 'Martin Lottery' is certainly the correct phrase. I'd never trust anyone else to move machines for me unless I could do it myself. Big named brand movers are too expensive and the 'man with van' types often cost a bit more and I just don't trust they would have the know-how Martin does after years of moving games.

Case in point I've used Martin to move 6 of the 14 machines I've had in the past 4 years. The last move was extremely lucky, Martin was 30 minutes from the pickup point when he was called so he was able to get the game and he was passing me on the way to drop off another, so within 1 hour of initial contact the game was in his van, and 11 hours later was in my gamesroom, probably the fastest move I've had.

Then I've had times where the game I'm expecting has been with him for 2 weeks or more because he simply wasn't anywhere near me, due to other deliveries etc. The thing is if it in the back of his van, yeah okay its getting a bit of movement with the road but at least I know it is well strapped up and covered properly and there is no chance of any damage. I see horror stories on pinside because in the US, they are forced to use big carriers due to the long distances and often this leads to damage to in shipping, in fact some sellers refuse to use shipping services alltogether because they've had games damaged by them (don't go looking for the AC/DC BIBLE that was in a shipping truck that rolled over, you will weep!).

Yeah it's a lottery, but I'd rather Martin was doing it than anyone else. Yeah it can be a pain trying to sort it all out, but I've never had problems with him and you always get your game. If you're in a rush though, unless your really lucky like I was don't expect it to be fast, but at least you have peace of mind your game will arrive as it left the previous owner.

The blokes a legend. It's a roll of the dice for sure. @Archyta5 you've done well to wait 2 weeks. Think my record is 3+ months!! I don't care though so I'm not bothered. I do understand others frustrations though.

I'm very lucky as I live where the M62 and M1 intersect and it is on the route for Martin to get home.

The blokes a legend. It's a roll of the dice for sure. @Archyta5 you've done well to wait 2 weeks. Think my record is 3+ months!! I don't care though so I'm not bothered. I do understand others frustrations though.

I think I'm lucky being in the midlands he is often passing by me due to having to go up north/down south with other deliveries so it's on his way - 3 months is a bit of a stretch though!

I've had as long as 3months and as little as 48hrs from contact to delivery - and the latter was Dorset to North Yorkshire! It all depends on your contact timing, pick-up availability and his general whereabouts.
In all cases games were delivered safely.

I MIGHT have his brother in law picking up on Thursday. It's part of the fun of it, the whole thrill of the chase trying to get hold of him. I know he loathes coming to my place as it takes him so long to get through central London and then he gets stuck in the one way system. Best for me was 2 days. I've had plenty of 2 month + deliveries though. Normally I don't mind waiting but it almost killed me with a NIB

It's part of the fun of it, the whole thrill of the chase trying to get hold of him.

That line made me laugh :D.

Martin is a top bloke no daubt, we always end up chatting for ages. His one failing is communication, we all know that, hence why I had the Martin spotlight fitted to the roof. I still think we should have one of those live tracking pages for him, like santa. He is our santa after all.

Martin has visited me this morning :clap:, just over a week from first contact to collecting the machine and delivering it to me. Top bloke.

Martin has visited me this morning :clap:, just over a week from first contact to collecting the machine and delivering it to me. Top bloke.
Think he's coming into Lincolnshire today. All depends how he gets on with his van at the garage. Had it in last week and they overfilled the oil and he's had problems with it since.

Think he's coming into Lincolnshire today. All depends how he gets on with his van at the garage. Had it in last week and they overfilled the oil and he's had problems with it since.
Yeah he told me about that. He does seem to have a fair bit of van trouble but its to be expected when you do as many miles as he does. :-o.

Yes I've just spoke to him a few minutes ago, van is up and running and he's coming into Lincs today, but not coming to me yet as he needs to make another collection for me first :thumbs:

Yes I've just spoke to him a few minutes ago, van is up and running and he's coming into Lincs today, but not coming to me yet as he needs to make another collection for me first :thumbs:
Is he quite capable of shuffling the machine out of his van on his own? I have a hydraulic trolley that can pull right up to his van but i won't be home to give him a hand unfortunately. Only the mrs is home but she isn't going to want to lift the thing :rolleyes:.
Once it's on the trolley it isn't a problem as it can be wheeled straight into the garage. Just the initial shuffling along onto it

Spoke to Martin last week and he was planning to be down South today and/or tomorrow (Bournemouth I think he said, and then London). Anyone down that way getting anything collected/dropped off from him today/tomorrow who can confirm he is down there?

Spoke to Martin last week and he was planning to be down South today and/or tomorrow (Bournemouth I think he said, and then London). Anyone down that way getting anything collected/dropped off from him today/tomorrow who can confirm he is down there?

Yep South Coast getting the Martin treatment. Due at mine with a new toy tomorrow (last I heard from him on Friday) :clap:

Hahahahaha Grizz fell for the oldest trick in the book. Be there tomorrow :rolleyes:.

But oooooooooh what's incoming

I'm also waiting on him. Unfortunately not my purchase, tonight Matthew I am the facilitator

Martin is a top bloke, very well trusted and respected in he hobby. I think we're lucky to have him.

Back
Top Bottom