What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

So Bowen talks about selecting the disaster to play using the flipper button, and says that this makes sense as some are harder than others. So far it seems to me that Meteors is the easiest (hit the standup targets). Anyone suggest any other easy ones, and which are the hardest ones (which may be worth giving the Big Bang treatment)?

Meteors definitely the easiest. That one with the fast moving roving target is hard, is it Alien invasion? I usually try to light big bang whenever it isn't lit before starting a mode. Not that I have any choice about which mode to start ( smartphone screen still down :( )

My game produces far too many air balls. These are typically caused by the ball hitting one of the stand up targets. I have had this on numerous of my other games and it is normally caused by the support bracket behind the target getting bent backwards over time.

Is this a common thing with DI ?

I can see two cures

1 replace the target foam with a more robust one

2 bend the stand ups forward so they do not propel the balls in the air.

Has anyone else had this or tried to cure it pls ?

This is,in my opinion, the order of ease for the modes. I'd aim to Big Bang finish anything below Whirlwind, and even consider timing out EMP & Alien depending on state of game play.

Meteor - Hit 6 stand ups.
Tidal wave - a single shot to side ramp to complete.
Earthshaker - lit shot, then opposite loop.
Acid Rain - pop bumpers, 3 x left ramp.
Fires - left ramp, BOB targets, left ramp, BOB targets, left ramp.
Whirlwind - left ramp, right ramp, left loop, side ramp.
Volcano - theatre, right ramp, theatre, right ramp, theatre.
Sink hole - 3 loops, left loop, theatre.
Singularity - left loop, left ramp, theatre, right ramp, one of the previous 4 shots is picked randomly.
EMP - hit the theatre 3 times BUT magnets are running, and theatre drops ball (not send to upper flipper)
Alien Invasion - roving shot, then all major shots need hitting.

This is,in my opinion, the order of ease for the modes. I'd aim to Big Bang finish anything below Whirlwind, and even consider timing out EMP & Alien depending on state of game play.

Meteor - Hit 6 stand ups.
Tidal wave - a single shot to side ramp to complete.
Earthshaker - lit shot, then opposite loop.
Acid Rain - pop bumpers, 3 x left ramp.
Fires - left ramp, BOB targets, left ramp, BOB targets, left ramp.
Whirlwind - left ramp, right ramp, left loop, side ramp.
Volcano - theatre, right ramp, theatre, right ramp, theatre.
Sink hole - 3 loops, left loop, theatre.
Singularity - left loop, left ramp, theatre, right ramp, one of the previous 4 shots is picked randomly.
EMP - hit the theatre 3 times BUT magnets are running, and theatre drops ball (not send to upper flipper)
Alien Invasion - roving shot, then all major shots need hitting.
Doddle then Wayne lol !!!!!

Cheers

kev

Well the old one didn't work and this one did right away so can only assume the old one failed somehow. Fingers crossed. I read someone on pinside to expect another update very soon, maybe next week. Not sure how reliable that info is.

Nice, something to look forward to when I finally get home from work. Looking like 2 hours to travel 30 miles again. :sad:

Indeed, I'm just about to install. I've run into a couple of them myself so definitely still worth while. Missing out on Chaos in Quantum City after starting a quick multiball was frustrating.

I've been really busy with other stuff lately so haven't really played the game that much. Tbh I didn't think I was really doing that well on it but I played for an hour tonight and managed to get to Chaos twice! I've never timed a mode out yet but I'd consider it if I ever got very close to Armageddon and didn't have many balls left. What's your best score Kevlar? I've had 1.64 mil but would really like 2 or 3!

Strangely all my top scores are very close, lots in the 1m to 1.2m region. I seem to be stuck in a rut. Lots of plays though, checked the other day and already over 300. How people can sell machines with <50 plays I've never understood, I probably put that on DI in 3 days.

I have to say with all the machines I've had Dialed in has had the longest honeymoon period of any of them by a large margin. Normally when I get a new machine it gets played to death for a week or 2 then I slowly play it less and it just becomes one of the lineup getting maybe just a bit more play than the others, but DI has virtually monopolised all play for 6 weeks and 500 plays! . I think in that time I've had maybe 10 games on other machines split between xenon and GB.

thats the feel I got Kev as soon as I played it at the PLAY expo - I just knew then I had to have one!!!

cheers

kev

Back
Top Bottom