What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

My DI left the building today and I was a little sad that I'd not put more effort into it. 83 plays - great game but I'm so busy with other stuff, it's a lot of cash just sitting there. I think I'm done with NIB games as I like to tinker and mess with mods, new games aren't so good for that. By god DI is a heavy thing, I was glad to see it on Martin's truck safely in one piece. I managed to put 1.52 code on it before it left too.

The kickout from my phone scoop was always very consistent to my right flipper but started getting a bit variable recently, catching the slingshot. I tried adjusting the kickout strength but to no avail. Yesterday I noticed the ball was just catching the underside of the wireform that crosses the playfield and deflecting slightly to the right so I bent the top of the scoop down ( I guess it must slowly bend up over time ). All is good now, really consistent kickout again.

Not huge Kev, 1.6m. I've had over 2m without reaching chaos. Whats your best Kev?
not really had proper games on it yet kev, as playfiled still jammed so not at right angle etc, no camera and crazy bobs stuck permanently up, so best managed 1.7m

Cheers

kev

Quick question. I'm having intermittent problems with the phone screen. Sometimes it inverts to negative effect, recently it became very bright and hard to read and yesterday it went black. If I restart the game and reboot, the issue is always corrected, but I'd say it happens every few days. Anyone else experienced anything similar or are others screens rock solid? Any suggestions as to cause?

Quick question. I'm having intermittent problems with the phone screen. Sometimes it inverts to negative effect, recently it became very bright and hard to read and yesterday it went black. If I restart the game and reboot, the issue is always corrected, but I'd say it happens every few days. Anyone else experienced anything similar or are others screens rock solid? Any suggestions as to cause?

Sounds like it’s on it’s way out - @kevlar got a replacement after his died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone else having display issues since 1.52? My phone keps crapping out. Sometimes it's an hour or so today it was just after i turned it on and was partway through the first game.
20171226_121306.jpg

That's a familiar image, mine and Lee Rileys completely died within days of owning it. Mine has been fine since it was replaced about 3 weeks ago. Quite a few people have reported various issues with the phone display in the main DI pinside thread, they clearly have a QC issue with it, although mine and Lee's are the only one's I've heard about completely failing.

Have you tried swapping the 2 VGA cables around at the pc? should send the theatre image to the phone and vice versa, just to fault find, it at least proved the pc was outputting a smarphone video when I did that.

I wrote about this a few days ago in this thread. Screen goes blank or becomes massively oversaturated. The dialed in forum on pinside has many many people saying same thing. Given a year of roll out, would all our screens really give up the ghost at the same time or is this more likely a software issue?

Just noticed that when I get a ball in the Sim Card hole I don't get a Sim card anymore (if SIM Card is lit) like I used to. Instead it acts like I got the ball in the phone hole - so it awards a disaster or says "Phone is not charged."
Anyone else had this?

I assume the ball is not triggering a switch in the sim hole, and then rolling to the kickout where a phone switch registers and it thinks the ball came in the phone hole...

Just noticed that when I get a ball in the Sim Card hole I don't get a Sim card anymore (if SIM Card is lit) like I used to. Instead it acts like I got the ball in the phone hole - so it awards a disaster or says "Phone is not charged."
Anyone else had this?

I assume the ball is not triggering a switch in the sim hole, and then rolling to the kickout where a phone switch registers and it thinks the ball came in the phone hole...
I haven't had that but would guess the same as you, probably an opto at the sim hole entrance to the subway. Heard of a few opto's falling out of position on DI, not secured very well ( pretty sure @Sven Normansson had his theatre opto fall off. )

Yup sure enough it was the opto off:

IMG_9346.JPG

People (especially on Pinside) go on about the great build quality of JJP games, but to be honest that seems to be compete b*llocks. That opto is clipped in to a hole in the metal bracket with a flimsy plastic bell-end.

If that's great build quality then I'm a banana. Williams would have had a nice metal bracket opto holder that screwed in to the subway bracket and lasted more than a month before it fell off.

Easy to fix with a drop of glue as @chris b suggests, but this is a premium priced product that really shouldn't be literally falling apart during pretty mild use. God help anyone who puts one of these out on location...

Had an amazing run last night on Phil's DI.

First game took GC with a score of 3.7mil
2nd game Phil regained GC with a score of 4.5mil.
Next game then collected ALL 8 SIM cards to light Showdown. Collected and completed Showdown.
Was only a single mode of Armageddon, which would have had a 9x bonus for collected SIM cards. Finished with a little over 7mil.

yes, the upper playfield makes a difference more for dropping into the jets than going in the sim card hole. We kicked ass last night.
Screen crapped out again and we realised that the lights on the bob sign were wired wrong. Sh!t build quality.

Back
Top Bottom