What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
The other thread we've all been chatting in was mainly a delivery thread so I thought I'd start a new one as the initial batch of machines are here now and we need a thread for chatting about tweaks/fixes/mods etc.

I'm really enjoying the machine now initial issues have or are being been dealt with, the machine is an enormous amount of fun to play.

This evening the trap door on my machine was playing up, it was frequently getting stuck in the up position. There's nothing unusual about this mech, its been seen on a lot of machines, 1 coil raises the flap until it latches, and a smaller coil is then used to release the latched mechanism. The trouble with mine was it hadn't been set up properly, the gap between the small coil and the latching plate was too large so it wasn't pulling in. There's a tab on the top of the latch plate that's supposed to be bent over and used to adjust the amount of travel the latch plate has and therefore the gap, on my machine the tab just simply hadn't been bent over at all. Simple fix, bend the tab over to restrict the travel. Searching pinside I found a link to a youtube video of the fix....

Hope that helps someone....

had to bend the tab as above but also pack out the mech with washers so it sat flat on the playfield. Also had to tweak the skillshot switch as it was too high and a slow ball would get stuck.

Today I'm starting on some prototype drone protectors.

had to bend the tab as above but also pack out the mech with washers so it sat flat on the playfield. Also had to tweak the skillshot switch as it was too high and a slow ball would get stuck.

Today I'm starting on some prototype drone protectors.

Nice one Phil, they do look very vulnerable. How about protectors for the plastics? I would imagine all the new owners would be up for a set.

What are you guys worried about breaking on the drones exactly? I think they look more vulnerable then they are, Phil's sample game has been absolutely hammered since arrving in the UK and has suffered no drone damage.

If you're really worried then I'm pretty sure the drones are Cheerson CX-10's which you can buy for £10-£15 on Ebay etc.

If you're mainly worried about the blades then you can buy 40 for £2.67 on Ebay here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-40PCS-Cheerson-CX-10-Mini-RC-Quadcopter-Drone-Spare-Parts-Blade-Propeller-NEW/201892009900?var=501902023959&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49131&meid=30ba4137d3fd4724b5b0555a6dd5af79&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=251958267828&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Theres loads of other listings to choose from if you don't like that one. It probably works out cheaper to buy spare blades than material to build protectors and far more aesthetically pleasing.

Fair enough, I have to admit I didn't notice it had a broken blade. I'd still rather just buy spares rather than make protectors personally, especially as they're so cheap.

How are you getting on with your machine Aaron?
Overall I think the game is fantastic and I'm really enjoying it. I've had/have a few problems with my machine broadly similar to what has already been discussed on here already. I don't really want to say too much about my specific issues in a public thread out of respect to Phil and Jack, especially before they have a fair chance to deal with them. I will say that I'm happy with the response I have received to my concerns so far and have confidence that they will sort out everything in the fullness of time. If you're interested then I'm happy to talk about it with you via PM though mate.

Anyone getting rejects from the right ramp? ( right orbit really ) a fast shot on mine seems to catch somewhere and not make it all the way round whereas a slower shot will. I believe its climbing the wall and catching where the left loop enters, right behind the theatre.

Anyone getting rejects from the right ramp? ( right orbit really ) a fast shot on mine seems to catch somewhere and not make it all the way round whereas a slower shot will. I believe its climbing the wall and catching where the left loop enters, right behind the theatre.
Most of the time no but it does happen every so often on mine with really fast balls. I haven't worked out exactly what it catches on either but your "climbing the wall" idea sounds about right.

My Dialed In came yesterday care of Martin, no problems at all with machine upon delivery, even the little lightning bolts safely in the guys hands with rubber band. Only problem I can see is the upkicker into the shooter lane fails 9 times out of 10, anyone know how to ensure the ball clears the chute and lands in the lane?

My Dialed In came yesterday care of Martin, no problems at all with machine upon delivery, even the little lightning bolts safely in the guys hands with rubber band. Only problem I can see is the upkicker into the shooter lane fails 9 times out of 10, anyone know how to ensure the ball clears the chute and lands in the lane?
No problems with trough here. It has one of those flaps that keeps the balls in when you lift the playfield, is that moving freely? Machine level? Also you can adjust the coil strength in the settings, that should help.

I didn't have any problems with the trough on my game either, it has a really impressive smooth and gentle action. As @kevlar suggested you can adjust the coil strength in the settings. I had to adjust the strength of the phone kickout this way on my game as the balls were crashing into the return rail instead of feeding smoothly to the right flipper. It's a reallly useful feature and a lot easier than trying to sort issues like these out mechanically.

I was well impressed that it has one of those flaps that keep the balls in when you lift the playfield. This is a premium priced product, and it’s nice to know that JJP has gone the extra mile to add things like that when they could have not bothered to cut costs.

I was well impressed that it has one of those flaps that keep the balls in when you lift the playfield. This is a premium priced product, and it’s nice to know that JJP has gone the extra mile to add things like that when they could have not bothered to cut costs.

:) I thought that when I lifted th PF too

I think trough VUK issue is levelling problem as plum bob is touching front all the time. Am I right in thinking that on JJP all leg levellers are set to the bottom? Mine are set as usual style pinball

The setup instructions say bubble touching 2nd line is the recommended 6.5 degrees, here's mine...

20171107_095923.jpg

As for levelers, my front ones are all the way in and rear about an inch out.

I was finding it hard to hit the cross ramp and on inspection I could see the spring steel piece that bridges between the ramp entrance and the guide leading to it was sticking out so decided to fix it. This is below the left ramp so that had to be moved aside, easy enough, just removed the 2 small screws that hold the ramp down. Here's what it looked like before I played with it, sticking out about 1/4", clearly it wouldn't help making the shot....

20171107_121532.jpg

I just slackened the screws holding the cross ramp down and the screws holding the guide down leading to the ramp and moved them into a better position eliminating the gap. I also removed the sim hole protector while I was at it as that was starting to lift. I'm leaving it off for now and I'll keep an eye out for wear. If it does I'll fit a cliffy.

Here's how it looks when repositioned...

20171107_121619.jpg

Not sure if this affects other machines, mine is definitely a smoother shot now.

Have now set up the machine so that the spirit level is on the second line, no more tilt warnings. So that's a great start. Have also adjusted the screws on VUK solenoid so its higher up the trough wall and voila, every ball now clears the trough and goes to the shooter lane. Looking good!

Have you inspected the balls that came with your machine @Darthsinex? Feel for tiny imperfections, they'll scratch hell out of the playfield. Maybe you were lucky and got good ones but most of us seem to have balls from a bad batch.

Mine has a lot of interference coming through the speakers on attract mode - but there again I'm not surprised!!!

How's everybodys doing re the playfield clearcoat / balls issue ???

Cheers

kev

Good after changing the balls kev, no further scratches or damage to the balls. Inspecting regularly!

Ok had some time on a di last night to sort issues out
First software update wouldn't update as Kevlar had USB slightly adrift pushed home all ok I put the update on 3 different branded sticks all which worked fine you must create a bootable disk before copy on to stick
Next thing on the software update it did not display anything on main screen only in the theatre anyway update when fine but after one game no phone screen same as Kevlars reported this to jack and he has passed on to the software team

Next thing trap door enough has been said on this and vid is spot on how to repair it

Next the drone magnet Mylar I don't think you will ever not get the marking around the Mylar with the heat and friction over it I tryed several things on my x men to stop this it was just a waste of time I would be much better with a hole where the magnet pokes through

Switch 13 theatre entrance problems had a quick look at this last night the optos don't screw to the playfield like traditional ones they just clip in I suspect they have come adrift and are not aligned any more

Bad balls and scratched playfields pretty certain that this is caused by the hole protectors they are way too proud and the ball clashes in to them I am told cliffy are making them probably a better option or just remove them I am not sure they will get worn in a home environment
The one in tilt with no protectors had a high chip from factory but it looked like it had got no worse at nlp

Another thing I noticed on the update the manual is now on the machine but not completely

Hope this help people and I will keep you posted with anything else I find out

I updated to 1.50 code as soon as I received my game and have had no trouble with the phone screen. When it was updating I had an image on the main screen and the theatre. Perhaps it is something to do with the way the screens are initialised on start up. For those having trouble have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the VGA cables both when its off and when running? I haven't tried as haven't had a problem myself but if you plug in a USB keyboard there may be a setting in the PC BIOS that may help.

Back
Top Bottom