What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

My top lock was tight initially but not too bad, is fine now. I read somewhere, probably pinside, that the top latch took a chunk out of the trim on someones backglass, JJP told them to pack the lock up or something.

The back box panel where the speakers are, and lock is a piece of wood that is fixed by two brackets that are either side(screwed to the speaker boxes inside.

My panel was wonky, had a bit of play to push up on one side. Have you tried that? Push up on the wood whilst trying the lock?

Mind got stuck there Kev.. my ramp has a hole just below the screw above the ball in your picture. Looks like a plastic post should go in it

Mine got stuck there Kev.. my ramp has a hole just below the screw above the ball in your picture. Looks like a plastic post should go in it

Mine got stuck there Kev.. my ramp has a hole just below the screw above the ball in your picture. Looks like a plastic post should go in it
I have a hole there too, I'm going to try to fit a post there although it's very close to the ramp switch gate. I've also had one stuck here...

5ed8a0731e793135675e8e3f471837fd95d852b6.jpg

What is the quantum theatre magnet meant to do pls?

Is it meant to throw the ball up like the shadow ?

Or deviate the path on the way down ?

Mine just sends it straight down the middle. I have found the adjustment menu but am not sure what the actual magnet is mean to do in the first place.

Thanks.

In most modes the theatre magnet throws the ball back feeding the upper flipper, 1 or 2 modes it just drops it though ( EMP and volcano spring to mind) . Experiment with the magnet settings, I've heard between - 80 and - 120.

Last edited:
Fitted a pair of B/W mirror blades today, not a perfect fit but they work. Need to get some small countersunk screws as the ones I've used at the front make the playfield tight.
20171118_202531.jpg 20171118_202550.jpg

Is there a way of making the crazy Bob's status lights (the bank of three on the left hand side of the game) more visible ?

It is ridiculously designed. Basically invisible to the player where they are

Thanks
1511111716043-1848008777.jpg

Did you have to drill the plastic ?

Did you put a plastic post in to stop balls getting trapped in the gap at the top end of this thing pls ?

Can anyone hit the sim card hole at will directly? my success rate has to be as bad as 1 in 20 attempts which in my book makes it much harder than the Gem shot on Tron or that damn right ramp on GB pro. Nearly all my Sim card collections are via deflections. Yesterday I managed 3 in 1 game, very unusual but all were deflections or dribble ins. It isn't any easier without the protector either, I played for a day or 2 with it removed before refitting it ( I could already see the clear around the hole deteriorating ).

Last edited:
Did you have to drill the plastic ?

Did you put a plastic post in to stop balls getting trapped in the gap at the top end of this thing pls ?
Remove tje angle bracket they are on plastic connectors
Not had a ball go behind and i dont think its a problem fpr home use. Not drilled. One is enough to hold it

Reactions: DRD
Thanks Phil

Kev - I find the sim hole a very, very difficult shot.

I tend to get ricochets falling into it only

I fixed my cinema magnet core. It was standing proud of the pf and was not parallel to it either. I removed the bracket from below the pf, bent it slightly with an adjustable spanner. That made it parallel. Then I got the adjustable core level

That has cured my sdtm problem when the magnet releases the ball

I needed about a -90 setting to get the magnet to toss the ball properly

I am finding that as the pf gets dirty that the upper flipper is struggling, as is the kickback, as is the magnet. If so all these things need bedding in and or adjusting with wear.

I adjusted the flippers on mine Dave, all 3 didn't have sufficient gaps between playfield bushing and flipper bat, i.e. all were tight.

It is very early for me. Probably less than 20 games. But it does generally feel well designed. The wrap around ramp protectors are a nice touch

What has let it down is the testing, final adjustments stage. But at least we can all fix those sorts of things

How good the clear coat is _ that looks the issue to me

It definitely isn't a good idea to take the sim hole protector off, that went straight back on. There's photos on pinside of someone's sim hole damage playing without one ( not sure if he took it off or if it was before JJP started fitting/supplying them ). I intend to put a mylar strip down where the ball falls from the station wireform.

Another ball trap.

The game "ball seeks" then spits out another one for you to play after a while ....

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom