What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

How do you connect the phone app? Every time I open the app it just says connecting but never does. I have the little dongle plugged in to the USB extension cable and the cable is working ( I updated via the cable)

Not that I can see why you would play via the app, I just want to try it. Using the big bang button is just cheating surely :D? I suppose it could be fun to have a child press the button when watching you play.

How do you connect the phone app? Every time I open the app it just says connecting but never does. I have the little dongle plugged in to the USB extension cable and the cable is working ( I updated via the cable)

Not that I can see why you would play via the app, I just want to try it. Using the big bang button is just cheating surely :D? I suppose it could be fun to have a child press the button when watching you play.
Are you using Android Kev? The latest app was released the other day which you need to work with 1.50 code. I've found it can be a bit of a pain on my phone at least (Google Pixel) but have had it working. When you start a game trying holding in the left flipper on the game for a few seconds until it connects. It seems a bit laggy though and crashed the game once. I mainly just wanted to try it out for a laugh, definitely more of a gimmick than a usable feature imo.

Thanks Aaron, I must have downloaded the day before the new version was released, will try it later. I didn't know about holding the left flipper button either :rolleyes:.

Thanks Aaron, I must have downloaded the day before the new version was released, will try it later. I didn't know about holding the left flipper button either :rolleyes:.
The old app doesn't update itself Kev. I think it used to be called "Dialed In" but is now "Jersey Jack Pinball" in the Play Store.

Anybody know where to plug in an external sub.
WOZ had a plug in the back of the cab.
Can't find anywhere on dialed in.

Installed new version of phone app, works now for what its worth.

Anybody installed any mods at all? mirror blades, superbands, anything? A nice laser cut topper would be nice.

Been too busy trying to make my game work. Really some poor build quality here.
Rear slider fell off
Skillshot switch hang up
Trapdoor 3mm off the playfield
12v fuse blowing. Chafed wires on drone
Quantum opto not working. Fell off due to poor design.

Most of the issues we've had make me think JJP might have expanded the workforce recently, they're mostly assembly/setup issues. Not knowing to level the trap door, check the skillshot switch doesn't catch on the side or stick up too high, the tab on the back of the trapdoor mech, unable to open the backbox lock, trapped wires, all seem like mistakes new employees could make.

Last edited:
I can’t open my back box either! Anyone found a solution as I’ve already tried more force than I was comfortable with.

I’ve had my trap door stick open and need aligning, also some of the kick outs don’t work well yet, seemingly due to alignment too.

The clear plastic protector on the back of my phone has come loose and it’s not obvious where it goes. I’ll take a pic later as it would be good to compare to another game.

Blutooth is very hit and miss for me using various iPhones.

The worst of all for me is the playfield lift mech on DI. The playfield goes at least a foot higher in the air than Stern or BW and it means I can’t actually lift the playfield past about 80 degrees to do any under playfield work. I really wasn’t expecting that.

The worst of all for me is the playfield lift mech on DI. The playfield goes at least a foot higher in the air than Stern or BW and it means I can’t actually lift the playfield past about 80 degrees to do any under playfield work. I really wasn’t expecting that.

Not sure what you mean, the playfield should lift all the way up and lean against the backbox?

The clear plastic protector on the back of my phone has come loose and it’s not obvious where it goes. I’ll take a pic later as it would be good to compare to another game.
The clear protector that wraps around the back of the phone is held down to the upper playfield by a single screw just behind the phone.

What I should have said is that on a JJP machine I don’t have the height in my room to lift the PF! Never even crossed my mind that I’d ever have a problem as I’ve worked on all sorts in the arcade and had games with beacons and toppers.

Ahhh....makes sense now. You need to make a prop of some kind. I use a sweeping brush sometimes on machines that don't have one :D

Just noticed my bottom Drone is not working.
Put the game in test and the blades don’t spin. Wiggled it a little, then it worked for about 5 pulses and then nothing. Loose wire maybe.. anyone know how the things come apart? Blades pull off and top cover comes off?

Last edited:
Just noticed my bottom Drone is not working.
Put the game in test and the blades don’t spin. Wiggled it a little, then it worked for about 5 pulses and then nothing. Loose wire maybe.. anyone know how the things come apart? Blades pull off and top cover comes off?
I haven't looked Dave but expect the power supply must solder on to a board in the Drone, perhaps a dry joint or something in there?

Clip the cable tie. Unscrew the screw holding it and you shpuld have enough wire frwe to flip it over. Theres 4 tiny screws on the underside. Mine the wires had chafed where they go through the metal slots.

Clip the cable tie. Unscrew the screw holding it and you shpuld have enough wire frwe to flip it over. Theres 4 tiny screws on the underside. Mine the wires had chafed where they go through the metal slots.

The plate that the Drone is screwed to goes through the Drone and into the bracket.. I undid the first screw but couldn’t take it off.

Think it is a wire issue inside, in the back left motor ... it works when you push it down or fiddle with it, the other 3 start spining. Think they must all be chained together.

To change looks like I have to take the ramp off. Have asked PH and Phil will order me one.
Not sure if I will get just the Drone or Drone with wire harness!?

I just had Sim Card lit very early in a game, not sure what qualified it. I was literally only about 15 seconds in, hadn't started any disaster modes, bob modes or locked any balls. Only thing I know I did was rollover the hurry up and hit the theatre immediately, I've never lit Sim card that way before and hit that shot hundreds of times. Anyone know/guess how it was lit? random award? The only rulesheet I know of is still very incomplete atm...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet#post-3851000

The theatre can offer a mystery award, what had you lit from the skill shot?

Just got around to watching the Bowen tutorial, as well as making it look easy, as always, he was very funny.

Did anyone manage to open a jammed back box?

My BT has given up so I want to try reseating the USB in the head.

I think I’ve finally calibrated my trap door after half a dozen attempts.

Has anyone add scratches appear on the underside of the glass? Not sure whether the high volume of air balls are causing or what really but it’s looking tatty already after less than 5 days... I’ve been extremely careful about removing he glass to almost a paranoid extent.

In regards to back box jamming I know that my dad (Newdos) has an issue where we couldn’t open our backbox but we thought it was due to the damage. Has anyone managed to get theirs open? Is the solution just brute force?

Back
Top Bottom