What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I like the old school chime sound effects. Can't help thinking they should have made a retro smaller one off cab design for this game though, instead of using going with their standard cabinet.

Looks fun.

I told the guy about every fault I found last time I was at Funland. That included the missing spinner.
Well at least they fixed the spinner, sadly Rush is unplayable due to a sticky left flipper. I did tell the lady on the desk about it.

Well at least they fixed the spinner, sadly Rush is unplayable due to a sticky left flipper. I did tell the lady on the desk about it.
It was slightly sticky when I played it, so I told the guy about it, as well.

The whole situation was funny, almost funny enough to put up a post about it on here.

You see, Jurassic Park was the ‘Pinball of the Week’ at Funland when I went in, where you supposedly get free games with a Stern Insider registration. I love Stern Jurassic Park, but had no idea how to activate the free games. I logged into Stern Insider, but couldn’t see any free game credits, so I put a credit on the pin and started playing…

I heard a couple of ‘pops’, but I was in the middle of a game, so I assumed it was a Insider achievement. Anyway, I get to the end of the game, and I have a free credit. I think this is a bit weird, but maybe I tapped my card twice on the credit reader. So, I play the game..

Another pop, but this time I get a match. I have two credits. Weird.

Start another game…

Another ‘pop’.

At this point, I’ve been playing for sometime, and decide that maybe the Stern Insider Pinball of the Week automatically credits a credit each time you play. And, thus, if I play my free credits, I’m going to be playing indefinitely. So, I go to the front desk and ask the guy there about it. He comes over to the machine. He tells me he has to manually credit the free games. He is confused. We wonder if it is a fault. We both have a discussion about the various faults on other pins I’d played during that play session (Rush, Bond and Mando)...

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it turned out that the replay on the Jurassic Park in Funland was so unbelievably low that I could pass it on every game, despite being pretty much the world’s worst pinball player. I mean, I genuinely wasn’t getting much beyond the first paddock. I eventually told the young guy on the desk this and he said (genuinely) “Is this something that’s making the game less enjoyable?” And I said “No, because I’ve been playing for half an hour for free and it’s entirely possible that most players of this pin are actually worse than me - so, not as many replays as I’m getting - but the replay doesn’t seem to be rising very fast, so maybe keep an eye on it.”

He said he’d look into it…

Anyway, he was so grateful for me explaining the replay and pointing out all the faults, that he offered me free credits on other pins as a ‘thank you’. I pointed out that I’d only popped in briefly after a medical appointment, but I’d felt obliged to play through my free credits on Jurassic Park. So, by this point, I just wanted to go home - no way did I want anymore credits on a different machine!!

Last edited:
It was slightly sticky when I played it, so I told the guy about it, as well.

The whole situation was funny, almost funny enough to put up a post about it on here.

You see, Jurassic Park was the ‘Pinball of the Week’ at Funland when I went in, where you supposedly get free games with a Stern Insider registration. I love Stern Jurassic Park, but had no idea how to activate the free games. I logged into Stern Insider, but couldn’t see any free game credits, so I put a credit on the pin and started playing…

I heard a couple of ‘pops’, but I was in the middle of a game, so I assumed it was a Insider achievement. Anyway, I get to the end of the game, and I have a free credit. I think this is a bit weird, but maybe I tapped my card twice on the credit reader. So, I play the game..

Another pop, but this time I get a match. I have two credits. Weird.

Start another game…

Another ‘pop’.

At this point, I’ve been playing for sometime, and decide that maybe the Stern Insider Pinball of the Week automatically credits a credit each time you play. And, thus, if I play my free credits, I’m going to be playing indefinitely. So, I go to the front desk and ask the guy there about it. He comes over to the machine. He tells me he has to manually credit the free games. He is confused. We wonder if it is a fault. We both have a discussion about the various faults on other pins I’d played during that play session (Rush and Mando)...

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it turned out that the replay on the Jurassic Park in Funland was so unbelievably low that I could pass it on every game, despite being pretty much the world’s worst pinball player. I mean, I genuinely wasn’t getting much beyond the first paddock. I eventually told the young guy on the desk this and he said (genuinely) “Is this something that’s making the game less enjoyable?” And I said “No, because I’ve been playing for half an hour for free and it’s entirely possible that most players of this pin are actually worse than me - so, not as many replays as I’m getting - but the replay doesn’t seem to be rising very fast, so maybe keep an eye on it.”

He said he’d look into it…

Anyway, he was so grateful for me explaining the replay and pointing out all the faults, that he offered me free credits on other pins as a ‘thank you’. I pointed out that I’d only popped in briefly after a medical appointment, but I’d felt obliged to play through my free credits on Jurassic Park. So, by this point, I just wanted to go home - no way did I want anymore credits on a different machine!!
Funny you say that Vee, last time I was there they had TMNT as “game of the week” free games for insider members. Like yourself I was confused and started playing expecting IC to acknowledge my sign in and give me free games.
Sadly that wasn’t the case, but the people there are very good and explained to me how it works.

They have taken the sign off JP now. I don’t think they need it as quite a few players today were logging in using IC. Also for the record the replay score on JP is still 15 million and doesn’t increase 😁.
Down side is some of the switches don’t work including the left Outlane so no ball save, left ramp off top right flipper and lastly the jeep shot doesn’t register so you can only go on one path to the visitors center. Small price to pay for such a low replay value.

Nipped into Funland - Games setup to make maximum profit - over tight tilts, no rubbers on outlanes and manual replays set

Only played the Bond SLE - Rolled it and got Grand Champy

What can you say about the SLE…

Clearly used Elwins name to mug off people for money, the game is average at best… profiteering at its best

Artwork is terrible

Buy yourself a Foo Fighters Pro save 17k and have more fun

IMG_0204.jpeg

I popped in yesterday and I was a little disappointed too. Whilst the pin is elegant the build quality is not there. Didn't feel solid at all.
It is great however to have the opportunity to play it, so thank you.

Imagine buying one. foolishness. you can’t even compare it to buying a pricey car where you get something more for the extra cash (power, speed, performance, prestige etc). this is just a money grab by stern. for that reason i wouldn’t even bother playing it it annoys me that they make this crap. don’t get me started on the gz topper…….

I popped into Funland today to check out Bond 60th.
Sadly I agree with what others have already said about the game.
First thing I noticed was how brutal it can be with a lot of unfair drains. It will be perfect in any competition as the game won’t drag on forever like other games such as the regular Bond next to it.

In the few games I played I did actually have one good game where I started a multiball and some modes.

Overall very thankful to be able to play one on-site in the UK. Shame it isn’t amazing, I would definitely play it again as I love a challenge and it is also has Insider Connected to go for cheevos.

For the record I spent most of my time on FF, that game rocks 🤘🏼
9C566737-247C-49E0-84EE-98EB8696B625.jpeg

Borrowing @Sven Normansson 's Bond until Pinfest and wondered if anybody knew how you light the playfield multipliers?
Does each BondGirl require a specific task to light?

I had 5 of the 6 lit and activated ready to go, but couldn't light Honey Ryder.

It meant I had to activate 'only' 5x playfield when starting Ahoy Mr Bond - although it did produce some interesting scores.

SjP for completing was 50mil, BUT one of the shots was worth 293mil, while the playfield was multiplied.

The timer running down while it went through the cutscene for High Stakes Mystery Award probably cost me at least another 300mil

Attachments

• 20230626_215001.jpg
    20230626_215001.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 16
You may have likely seen this already, but this may help explain the multipliers as they appear to go quite in-depth with the latest code.

I got to play the pro at Funland today running the latest code. Wow 🤩 what a code update. Lots of new modes and achievements to go for.
I’m really digging the use of the button that can give you 2 x or even 3 x playfield scoring if you build it up.
Quite easy to build up some great scores now. A big two thumbs up from me 👍🏼👍🏼
IMG_5380.jpeg

The code has really elevated this game. It’s a shame everyone will tend to judge it on the release for a while yet, but it really is a fantastic game now (just my opinion of course).

Back
Top Bottom