What's new

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Stern need to come out with a winner at reasonable prices or it'll see people gravitate towards Scooby if Spooky get their act together. Can't see Foo Fighters being up to the challenge of taking on Mystery Inc.

It could actually come down to which title do Stern decide to throw under the bus given the current competition.
I wouldn't call Scooby cheap either!

having spent a bit of time, i am actually quite liking whats there. I'll admit it needs a hell of a lot of work, scoring is all over the place, most things don't work but there is some lovely stuff on the display which shows some love was spent on that.
Maybe too much expectation on release and seeing FF has peed a lot of people off (including me). They better not just abandon this like they did with Kiss.

Sadly the truth is Stern don’t give a **** and without the likes of Lyman who worked tirelessly on code in his spare time for the love of pinball they have probably shelved any quick fixes and it will probably be a **** show of slow updates.
The GZ team has proved itself already and that’s probably down to Elwin so I have high hopes for JD’s FF as it’s his baby and he wanting to prove himself in this industry.

FF FTW

Sadly the truth is Stern don’t give a **** and without the likes of Lyman who worked tirelessly on code in his spare time for the love of pinball they have probably shelved any quick fixes and it will probably be a **** show of slow updates.
The GZ team has proved itself already and that’s probably down to Elwin so I have high hopes for JD’s FF as it’s his baby and he wanting to prove himself in this industry.

FF FTW

Perhaps that's it mate. The enthusiasm of Elwin or the Dangerous one help push the project through in spite of Stern's apathy for the end user.

If Elwin's 60th Bond ends up with better code and more updates that will tell you everything.

That being said, nobody has played a Foo Fighters yet so there is no guarantee it will be better than Bond.

The one person people seem to overlook is Rayday, he's worth so much on any project, worked wonders on Rush.

With him on FF there is hope despite there not being much to work with.

To be fair I played my pro at weekend , had a few great games , the shots are great once you dial in, the playfield is lovely , yes it’s lacking code but once that code comes all be it slowly this is going to be a great game indeed

To be fair I played my pro at weekend , had a few great games , the shots are great once you dial in, the playfield is lovely , yes it’s lacking code but once that code comes all be it slowly this is going to be a great game indeed
I hope so mate, would be a real shame if Stern did to Bond what they did to Indy Jones...

I quite enjoy the game but unfortunately the two I've played have had issues.

First was on older code which cancelled out modes as soon as you started any multi ball. I know that's fixed in the new code though.

Then went to Funland this weekend to attempt to play another on a new code and the game on site there is somewhat falling to bits already. Spinner missing and the metal bit that holds the gate for the centre lock shot up the middle is loose and completely hanging down only held in place by a wire. Just looks like a screw has come out and needs replacing. Don't know where the spinner has vanished off to though.

Stern quality at it's finest I know these games get hammered on location but come on :D

I think the fact that game is a prototype doesn't help, Rush and Stranger things are also prototypes and they don't play great.

I think the fact that game is a prototype doesn't help, Rush and Stranger things are also prototypes and they don't play great.
Neil, can you please stop making excuses? Funland is supposed to act as Electrocoin's Stern showroom and, indeed, it works that way (it sold me a Godzilla Prem). Thus, you would hope, if not expect, the gameplay at Funland to have some resemblance to a typical example of that pin. Ideally, you'd want the first examples of that pin onsite in the UK to play better than an average example - to aid sales.

I've played two different Rush and two different Stranger Things on location, and haven't noticed significant differences in the gameplay between Funland and anywhere else. Your pins, and the Funland pins after a tournament you ran was held there, did play better - but, ideally, pins on location shouldn't need extensive tinkering by a semi-professional to be half-decent to play.

Neil, can you please stop making excuses? Funland is supposed to act as Electrocoin's Stern showroom and, indeed, it works that way (it sold me a Godzilla Prem). Thus, you would hope, if not expect, the gameplay at Funland to have some resemblance to a typical example of that pin. Ideally, you'd want the first examples of that pin onsite in the UK to play better than an average example - to aid sales.

I've played two different Rush and two different Stranger Things on location, and haven't noticed significant differences in the gameplay between Funland and anywhere else. Your pins, and the Funland pins after a tournament you ran was held there, did play better - but, ideally, pins on location shouldn't need extensive tinkering by a semi-professional to be half-decent to play.

I would sell these to home users who do have time to tinker with them and where they're not going to receive extensive play and sort out the issues.

If there's nothing else available for a while fine because I think the point is to get these games out in the wild for people to enjoy before they can be bought/people can get a taste for them before purchasing (which may persuade them to buy one without it being unseen), but when the production games are readily available, swap them out of Funland and have proper production games in Funland and move the proto games onto someone else.

You got a chippy now neil?
yah but not one of those crap English ones that sell something called a savaloy, that is literally dog food in a bun for those in Northumberland. Mine does battered steak and burgers, smoked sausage, haddock and none of that cod m’larkey, deep fried bridies and pizzas and all drenched in brown sauce, it’s literally death in newspapers. And has a Pac-Man next to a stunningly mint Attack from Mars ! With ice cream so frozen you need a laser beam to cut out for a cone! All with iron bru and a pickled onion.

yah but not one of those crap English ones that sell something called a savaloy, that is literally dog food in a bun for those in Northumberland. Mine does battered steak and burgers, smoked sausage, haddock and none of that cod m’larkey, deep fried bridies and pizzas and all drenched in brown sauce, it’s literally death in newspapers. And has a Pac-Man next to a stunningly mint Attack from Mars ! With ice cream so frozen you need a laser beam to cut out for a cone! All with iron bru and a pickled onion.
Brown sauce? I’m out

No deep fried Mars Bars? Thought they were a Scottish chip shop delicacy 🤔

This guy has done a good job for the Pro owners:

no he hasn't - hes completely ****ed it up with the wrong music for the game, the wrong video for the game, and the wrong bond for the game.

Neil.

Tom from Foxcities got 60th 007 and streamed it last night. Game play on this looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom