What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
The exit isn’t great it’s often sdtm or back in to it, which slows the game down quite a bit. I like the symmetry with the right hand side db5 eject to keep the flow of game going

Just put myself down for this mod which changes the scuba eject to match the DB5 eject on the right hand side I.e new wire form to put the ball on to the left flipper. I think the game should have had this from the off, as the scuba eject is maybe the weakish area of the game . Controversial in some ways as you’re fundamentally changing that aspect of the game but I think it’s a massive improvement and enhances the game.
folks who make mods like this should be shot for being so brain dead. Better to just block up the scoop with a rubber or something.

Great mod, it actually makes the scoop shot somewhat useful adding to the flow.

The scoop is the absolute worst part of the game, the stranger things scoop was garbage but Gomez managed to make the worst scoop in pinball.

folks who make mods like this should be shot for being so brain dead. Better to just block up the scoop with a rubber or something.
Well luckily for them 120 people disagree and signed up straight away for the initial run. What’s not to like about an eject through the DB5 roof on the right to right flipper, and mirroring that with an eject through the bond gun barrel on the left back to left flipper ?!

Great mod, it actually makes the scoop shot somewhat useful adding to the flow.

The scoop is the absolute worst part of the game, the stranger things scoop was garbage but Gomez managed to make the worst scoop in pinball.
A total waste of real estate. A drop target bank and a lock behind the flipper would be better like tmnt. Oh, hang on...

A total waste of real estate. A drop target bank and a lock behind the flipper would be better like tmnt. Oh, hang on...
Gomez should have just grabbed Elwin or even Jack (he seems to be full of ideas JP home pin had some nice shots) to work out that left side, he clearly ran out of creative steam on that part of the playfield.

A 180 ramp shot like the Heli shot on JP would have been more fun than a scoop that 90% of the time is just a bounce in.

Well luckily for them 120 people disagree and signed up straight away for the initial run. What’s not to like about an eject through the DB5 roof on the right to right flipper, and mirroring that with an eject through the bond gun barrel on the left back to left flipper ?!

we could jam up the outlines and have the ball save run for hours and have every shot return safely to the flipper - let’s make the game as boring as possible and call it flow!

we could jam up the outlines and have the ball save run for hours and have every shot return safely to the flipper - let’s make the game as boring as possible and call it flow!
Completely different situation/results. You shouldn’t get punished for making a shot, you make the scoop shot and it’s fired out and does nothing, it’s just bad design.

That scoop shot is beyond boring, truly one of the worst scoops/returns in pinball, the mod is a nice touch giving you the ball back to your left flipper for villains, it should add a lot of additional flow and combo opportunities.

Well I was supposed to be receiving the mod today, instead I got a letter in the post saying I had to pay £56 import tax before I could pick it up from the post office. Does anyone know if this is to be expected ? First time buying mod from Aus, bought quite a lot from US and items just turn up !

Yeh.... I had some ramps delivered from the US today... I was twitching at the £270 cost of them in the first place (had to get when i did as "black Friday" and saved another £60+)...... And then the Customs charge came to £61.... negating the BF Savings!

Ahh well - i have them now!

I couldnt work out why the shipping on some plastic was £75 Standard USPS..... Then it got here...

1701820142589.png

!!!!

Well I was supposed to be receiving the mod today, instead I got a letter in the post saying I had to pay £56 import tax before I could pick it up from the post office. Does anyone know if this is to be expected ? First time buying mod from Aus, bought quite a lot from US and items just turn up !
It is normal to have to pay import VAT (20%) on the total value of the item+shipping, regardless of where the item is shipped from - there are no other import taxes or duties on pinball machines or parts though. Logistics companies often then charge their own administration fee on top of this if they had to administer the VAT payment at the border. There are various rules about whether the VAT payment should be taken by the foreign vendor at the point of sale, or left for payment at the border, however these rules are not consistently followed - I expect mainly due to confusion on the part of foreign vendors. Whether VAT gets charged at the border can be hit and miss too - some parcels appear to slip the net. There's more info in this post here (that post was written about rules post Brexit, but applies to imports from any country now)

Depending who you brought from in the US, your package value was likely marked down in value.

Back
Top Bottom