What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
There are to be 8 skillshots. Round and into the q shot is 10 million as opposed to 330k for the top rollovers.
I didn’t find that skill shot - just the top rollovers. Maybe next time :)

I didn't actually expect to find a Bond and, thus, hadn't read the rules beforehand. I'd gone into Funland to play JP2 on the way home from a medical appointment, and found the Bond just sitting there - so, obviously, had a good go on it.

I'd pretty-much stopped going to Funland because the only pins I rate in there are The Beatles, JP2, GZ and Stranger Things, and - with an AFM, GZ and Alien Poker at home, and a TNA 2.0 on the way - it had reached the point where the only thing I wanted to play there was JP2. With the Bond there, as well, it's probably tipped the balance towards visiting again, which is a credit to the quality of the Bond design.

[NB: It's worth mentioning that Mando appeared to be on Freeplay with a Stern Insider account when I visited yesterday and I STILL had no desire to play it, given I only had 20-30 minutes and Bond and JP2 were in the same room. I understand the rules have changed to stop this, but I had a game on Mando with the old code where I bust through the replay, and got two extra balls, just shooting up the middle constantly, and that left a sour taste in my mouth].

Last edited:
After playing the pro and the LE I was bored on the 2nd or 3rd ball.
Stern seem to have little imagination this year.
Gomez's design on Deadpool seems so much better.
Looking forward to seeing Scooby Do and I actually want to play the worlds worst artwork game 'Queen' because it is one of my favourite bands.
But these days I just want to play badly and have fun. So now it is always Bally/Willaims Sys11, WPC and WPC95 (and of course CGC RM) that do if for me.

Yeah I own one and admit at the moment it's not much fun. Having seen what's in there via pinball browser e.g. collecting the weapons for little Nellie I think it'll turn into a gem.

Yeah I own one and admit at the moment it's not much fun. Having seen what's in there via pinball browser e.g. collecting the weapons for little Nellie I think it'll turn into a gem.

Bond has HUGE potential... Lovely shooting game, its one of the best following games for a while....

Stern have been spot on with code for a good while now, so nothing to worry about :)

Red powder looks great on the pro, lovely job as always Chris.

LE/PRE V0.87.0 - February 10, 2023
=====================

- Fixed a bug in the Professor Dent Henchmen Mode that could cause the game to crash
if all of the shot awards were "locked in" while progressing thru the mode.
- Fixed a Mr. Osato Henchmen mode display bug where, instead of displaying a score of
"3,000,000", the game displayed ",000,000"

another one...

Anyone else interested in the after market translite posted earlier in this thread? You’ve got till midnight tonight to let me know.

Played the LE at Tilt today. Playfield felt a bit empty & code underwhelming, although I didn't play for long.

Jackpots felt like they could be a nice pat on the back but couldn't really hear it.

I think i could hear Sterny hype actor callouts like in JP2.. cringe. Where's the deep creative theme integration? Hopefully to come.

Ramps we solid and shot nice, but they're all metal so to be expected. Gomez ftw here.

Lit & spotted shots & spectre all flash in sync, so hard to get an instinctive feel for what is going on.

Locks were nice and approachable to help the first time walkups.

Screen didn't catch my eye at all. Match seq felt lazy.

Will try again when they've finished it.

20230218_145746_copy_1200x1600.jpg

60th-LE code is out :D games are in the air!
“crash and burn , hey Mav”..
Lol… hope it’s actually a good pin.
As much as I think Gomez bond is a bit underwhelming at the mo, I really hope they get code, IP sorted.
Tilt having LEs is a nice touch.

After owning the pro for a month now I like it yes it needs much more work on the code a cleland mix on this would be amazing shots are nice some challenging some easy layout is a bit different but I do like it my only real beef is the ball lock on the pro there just isn’t one I didn’t expect to have a physical lock from the where the ball would come from on multi ball but there is nothing you just carry on in the game even when multi ball starts this leaves the screen footage miles behind the actual game it would have been much better if they had put a post in to stop the ball run the footage and call out then drop it back in to play same when multi ball starts other than that I like it

After owning the pro for a month now I like it yes it needs much more work on the code a cleland mix on this would be amazing shots are nice some challenging some easy layout is a bit different but I do like it my only real beef is the ball lock on the pro there just isn’t one I didn’t expect to have a physical lock from the where the ball would come from on multi ball but there is nothing you just carry on in the game even when multi ball starts this leaves the screen footage miles behind the actual game it would have been much better if they had put a post in to stop the ball run the footage and call out then drop it back in to play same when multi ball starts other than that I like it
Felt exactly the same about the ball lock, needed at least an up post to stop the ball briefly. As the ball doesn't even stop if feels like you've achieved nothing.

it looks fantastic - can't wait until mine arrives (and my new cabinet too!) LOL

Gameplay looks good.
John Barry on loop ………again.
Could have been great with loads of bond era music incorporated.

Back
Top Bottom