What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Elton John Hype Train.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I was hoping for BK10k.

Elton John? Really?? Just what pinball needs, another music pin.

Well I agree we that … it’s packed with toys apparently so will see
Yeah it’s the same ****e Kaneda said about Toy Story, from memory his source said it was packed and amazing! So I’m taking his JJP source with a pinch of salt.

I’d have to think hard about whether Elton John or Rush was the more bland theme. Neither band excite me but it would be hard to get that worked up over them. Stick them together with Crowded House, Dire Straights, Simply Red, Ed Sheeran etc. seems to sell by the bucket load but it’s music for elevators. It’s the music equivalent to people who fill out “don’t know” in surveys.

I’d have to think hard about whether Elton John or Rush was the more bland theme. Neither band excite me but it would be hard to get that worked up over them. Stick them together with Crowded House, Dire Straights, Simply Red, Ed Sheeran etc. seems to sell by the bucket load but it’s music for elevators. It’s the music equivalent to people who fill out “don’t know” in surveys.
Difference is you can get a Rush for 6500! So even if you didn't fancy the theme if the gameplay interested you it wouldn't set you back JJP prices

Difference is you can get a Rush for 6500! So even if you didn't fancy the theme if the gameplay interested you it wouldn't set you back JJP prices
Give it time, you will be able to get an Elton for a lot less than NIB. Considering better themes than this from JJP have tanked on the second hand market this one is going to be JJPs fastest sinking title yet.

The most annoying part is the complete waste of Ritchie, they could have given him Top Gun Maverick, what a theme for Ritchie to make his big comeback with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jib
Bloody hell. Top gun. A theme I have even less interest in than Elton John. 🤣. Think I might have seen 30 mins of the original once.

Now if there was a Cocaine Bear pin you’d have my attention 😉

The most annoying part is the complete waste of Ritchie, they could have given him Top Gun Maverick, what a theme for Ritchie to make his big comeback with.
Ritchie the recycler? Just be F14. Guys had his time IMHO.

Trying to not sound like the grizzled old boy here but I can remember when AC/DC was first announced there was a real lack of excitement at that band , more was given to the fact it was lyman and Ritchie .... when it came out I for one loved it immediately and bought in a prem from USA didn't really realise how many AC/DC tunes I did actually like , and found loads I hadn't heard before and liked even more ... I think a lot of non Ac/Dc fans became fans of the music after owning or playing the pin. Admittedly it was a different pinball world back then but I can't understand the lack of interest for Elton it's not like he hasn't got any good tunes , and maybe JJP have allowed Steve to really go all out on this one. I reckon there will be a load of pin folk donning the platforms and rocking out to crocodile rock 😂 There is a lot riding on this title for JJP and I for one hope it's great and they sell a shed load, can't imagine them being able to take another bath like they have by all accounts done with Toy Story and godfather

Trying to not sound like the grizzled old boy here but I can remember when AC/DC was first announced there was a real lack of excitement at that band , more was given to the fact it was lyman and Ritchie .... when it came out I for one loved it immediately and bought in a prem from USA didn't really realise how many AC/DC tunes I did actually like , and found loads I hadn't heard before and liked even more ... I think a lot of non Ac/Dc fans became fans of the music after owning or playing the pin. Admittedly it was a different pinball world back then but I can't understand the lack of interest for Elton it's not like he hasn't got any good tunes , and maybe JJP have allowed Steve to really go all out on this one. I reckon there will be a load of pin folk donning the platforms and rocking out to crocodile rock 😂 There is a lot riding on this title for JJP and I for one hope it's great and they sell a shed load, can't imagine them being able to take another bath like they have by all accounts done with Toy Story and godfather

I also bought an AC/DC Prem NIB without being the biggest fan of the band. Difference is there wasn’t much else to buy back then and it cost less than £6k. Now there’s loads of competition and if it’s the same price as Godfather you’d be looking at just under £13k.

Reactions: JT.
I also bought an AC/DC Prem NIB without being the biggest fan of the band. Difference is there wasn’t much else to buy back then and it cost less than £6k. Now there’s loads of competition and if it’s the same price as Godfather you’d be looking at just under £13k.

Seemed insane as well paying that back then , utter madness now 😂

And sold it 2 weeks later :rofl:

Had to Google Crocodile Croc, oh dear if in the play list

But then im old, and went Powertrip last weekend

Back
Top Bottom