What's new

All aboard for the Elton John Hype Train.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I think you are underestimating how massive Elton John is, and in pinball history he is huge.

He is third on the list of large sellers after Beatles and Elvis.

EJ 200M
ACDC 127.2 million
Metallica 105 million
Aerosmith 104.4 million
Rolling Stones 102 million
Iron Maiden 100 Million
GNR a ****y 80 million
Kiss 28.4 million
Rush Claimed 40M but not sure if there is a certified number

Likely they have all sold a lot more as certification is easier for newer acts than someone like EJ who was selling 40 years ago.

but Michael Jackson and Madonna would be fantastic machines but super unlikely either will be made.

View attachment 157258
Going on that logic we'd have a Garth Brooks pin before Elton.

Michael Jackson pinball has taken inspiration from the Mandolorian by incorporating a similarly titled character under the playfield.
Re-theme BSD and you have the moon walk already in the machine.

Just trying to rewrite Candle in the Wind with the lyrics 'play fields in the bin', brb

Blonde Ambition era Madonna is an absolute dream theme for me. Jacko would be amazing too, Thriller LE day one
I think a queen one would work well Huggers

I think you are underestimating how massive Elton John is, and in pinball history he is huge.

He is third on the list of large sellers after Beatles and Elvis.

EJ 200M
ACDC 127.2 million
Metallica 105 million
Aerosmith 104.4 million
Rolling Stones 102 million
Iron Maiden 100 Million
GNR a ****y 80 million
Kiss 28.4 million
Rush Claimed 40M but not sure if there is a certified number

Likely they have all sold a lot more as certification is easier for newer acts than someone like EJ who was selling 40 years ago.

but Michael Jackson and Madonna would be fantastic machines but super unlikely either will be made.

View attachment 157258
Isn't appetite for destruction the best-selling debut album of all time? Surprised that Maiden have sold more than GnR but less than Metallica as well 🤔

Isn't appetite for destruction the best-selling debut album of all time? Surprised that Maiden have sold more than GnR but less than Metallica as well 🤔
I bet stuff like Jacko's Thriller and some greatest hits compilations are the best sellers. Queen, Abba, The Eagles in USA. Fleetwood Mac rumours, and Floyds DSOTM probably up there too.

Jeff Waynes WOTW is my favorite album. Problem with a pinball is AFM is my second favorite game so could a WOTW pin live up to expectation? I can sure imagine tripods rising out of a JJP playfield but as said just a dream.

Jacko did the Moonwalker arcade with Sega abd four years later Sega had a pinball division. Would love to know if a Jacko pin was ever discussed.

Regardless of personal taste Elton John is a workaholic and talented enough to have hit records (and lots of them) over three decades.

I'm not talking about continuing to tour and cashing in on old tracks either. We're talking 30 years of productivity before people stopped buying his records in the 90's.

Obviously the Beetles etc were more talented but very few can match his output and ability to reinvent himself. Just when everyone thought he was finished he teamed up with Tim Rice & wrote the Lion King so it's unsurprising he's sold so many records.

I'm not sure whether that translates into a pinball machine but almost everyone on the planet will know an Elton John song so I can sort of see the logic.

That being said I'd be amazed if this happened because quite frankly there are hundreds of better pinball themes to chose before Elton John.

It has to be either BS or misdirection.

I bet stuff like Jacko's Thriller and some greatest hits compilations are the best sellers. Queen, Abba, The Eagles in USA. Fleetwood Mac rumours, and Floyds DSOTM probably up there too.
Just googled it and Appetite for Destruction is the best selling debut album of all time (Not hard to see why!). Surprised it beat out Beatles and Queen but hey ho. I would also think that a Michael Jackson pin is not happening on account of recent revelations.

Just googled it and Appetite for Destruction is the best selling debut album of all time (Not hard to see why!). Surprised it beat out Beatles and Queen but hey ho. I would also think that a Michael Jackson pin is not happening on account of recent revelations.
They could do an amazing shoot the spinners mode to strengthen grip not to drop the baby,

What about that John Lewis advert.
Glad he got a Piano for his Xmas as a kid.
I got an Action Man without a head and a tangerine with loads of seeds in it.
Twat.

GnR AfD was one of the those albums were almost every house had pirated copy but then many teenagers went and bought the album for the cover sleeve and artwork.
80m sales is pretty good going, given only 3.5 proper allbums during their prime.

EJ is a legend, not my music but a musical genius but can’t say I know a hard core fan who would jump on this title.

EJ is a legend, not my music but a musical genius but can’t say I know a hard core fan who would jump on this title.
With his Ego, it would just be a ‘look at me, centre of attention statement’
Wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole
Lol….

If it were George Michael on the other hand.
I would probably get it.
Main reason? The Mrs would do the dishes and make my dinner until I die.
If you watch the live video with George Michael and Elton John:
Don’t let the Sun Go down on Me:
It’s goes pretty good with George Michael
Then Elton John bounces on stage with his baseball cap on and hashes the song.
That’s were you see the difference in singing talent comparison IMO.

yeah now if they'd only done more albums...

I'm erring on skeptical side of this being fact.
May well prove to be true, Sterns loss if so

Back
Top Bottom