What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
when you can pick these up from the factory and pay on the day I'm most likely in.

They said that was indeed possible at the end of may for the standard editions, although they did ask for a deposit so that they could put it into production and pay the outstanding amount when picking it up.

@Heighway Pinball You guys probably already know as I'm sure you busy bees building Alien machines but your website shows all the old pictures of the airlock and not the 'new' screen. Just thought I'd mention it as I'm sure someone will moan if not delivered exactly as seen. Game is looking great by the way.

Andy, I for one would love a Alien pinball. After playing around three games on Alien at 8bitflip ( thanks to Matt Vince for loaning the machine) I was blown away with the machine. I congratulate you and your team on putting together a machine that brings the Alien films into a pinball machine. I didn't think it could be as good as you've made it. Respect to you and the team behind it. Alien to me is a classic and the pinball doesn't let it down in any way it's a positive in every way.
Now I just need to sort out coming down to you and picking up my own Alien pinball machine.
Make sure it's ready and waiting for me.
D.

have any UK buyers actually placed an order? I think they are in danger of clutching defeat from the jaws of victory on production!

Like many I'm interested but not until they are in full production. They then have to clear the pre-order backlog so maybe next year. I've only got space for 2 so that limits my decison (WOZ isn't going anywhere). My other dilemma is do I stick to used machines instead which I'm sure I'd get just as much fun out of and could probably move on without loss. Finding used machines I'm interested in is an issue nowadays though.

I'm deposit only anyway. If you want one of the first you need to pay in full. I'm happy to wait, it sounds like there will be more code updates coming.
Also we haven't seen any LE's in production yet.

I'm wanting to buy one, but i personally don't want to pay a deposit, only to sit and wait while projected timelines come and go. When they are available to go and pick up directly and pay cash on the spot. I'm in 100%.

I'm deposit only anyway. If you want one of the first you need to pay in full. I'm happy to wait, .

Good job, because from what I hear... the more people order and pay up front, the longer you will.:(

Difficult one for Heighway, you feel if someone put a deposit down years ago and was in from the start then surely they should be rewarded with being front of the queue ?? However if someone hands over all the money, then why should they wait ? I'm glad I'm not trying to juggle it all :hmm:

I'm wanting one too - I'm sitting on my hands, and my cash, but I'm beginning to think it's going to be a year or more rather than a month or two.

It could be a year or so, but worth bearing in mind the price is steadily increasing. The LE was originally 5750 it's now 6650.

if Heighway or anyone else for that matter take an order with a deposit only then it should get equal treatment to those who put full money down. Otherwise they shouldn't accept deposits!

if Heighway or anyone else for that matter take an order with a deposit only then it should get equal treatment to those who put full money down. Otherwise they shouldn't accept deposits!
Agreed. I've never understood why those who have only paid a deposit early are shunted to the back of the queue behind those who have paid in full later. Surely they should contact the prospective owners in the order they were received, letting them know it is time to pay the full amount as their machine is ready to be built.

Agreed. I've never understood why those who have only paid a deposit early are shunted to the back of the queue behind those who have paid in full later. Surely they should contact the prospective owners in the order they were received, letting them know it is time to pay the full amount as their machine is ready to be built.
They did contact us for half the payment, in December, but I chose not to, would like to see some progress on the LE production first, artwork is yet to be revealed at this stage.

Last edited:
Good job, because from what I hear... the more people order and pay up front, the longer you will.:(

Difficult one for Heighway, you feel if someone put a deposit down years ago and was in from the start then surely they should be rewarded with being front of the queue ?? However if someone hands over all the money, then why should they wait ? I'm glad I'm not trying to juggle it all :hmm:
Just highlights the complete bonkers situation of the deposit/pre order nonsense. Not just Heighway but pinball in general.

I only had one game,and watched a few more.Must say I was impressed,Would love to see or play more whilst knowing what to shoot,that was the only problem at eight bit,which is great,easily solved,find the rules=sorted .My job situation is changing,but if that improved I would certainly certainly consider a third NIB,believe me I don't say those words lightly

Really enjoyed Alien at 8bitflip. Huge thanks to Matt for bringing his machine, that was a huge gesture.

It's a brutally tough game that needs more call outs and guidance in terms of what to shoot for. Matt helped explain what was going on, if he hadn't I wouldn't have had much of a clue.

I must have had 10-15 games on the Saturday. My average was probably 3-7M with a few games in the 10-20M range. I had one big game 117M I think, which felt pretty huge in comparison to most other scores seen. That was achieved by combining the main multiball (shooting that side ramp is so tough) and sentry guns (spinner) multiball. I notice that I managed 3 super jackpots from watching the video back (I had no idea at the time) worth 8M, 16M and 32M which is huge scoring in comparison to anything else I had seen.

Well done Heighway, it's a hell of a game that with a bit of tweaking could be great

nice one Craig for the link, i'll definitely check that out later. i also played about 10 games over the weekend, mostly 0-5M, one or two in the 10-30M range (think my top score was 37M but that may have been at Matt's a few nights before). 'brutal' sums it up pretty well, which will make it popular with pinheads (not me, i like 'em easy though i do like this game) but which concerns me a little regarding engaging new and younger players who get scared off by short ball times. i like the ball save option in the left outlane, and the IJ-like gate for ball saving in the right outlane too.

please tell us more about the rules - are they written anywhere, like on the Heighway website or in the enormous and now impenetrable Pinside thread? all i know so far is that hitting each ramp once qualifies mode start at the scoop top left-of-centre .... and that hitting 4 left ramps (D-R-O-P) and 4 right ramps (Z-O-N-E? is this a skydive pin, where's Wesley Snipes?) starts a short playfield-doubler, so ideally you wanna finish the 8th of these ramps to start the double bubble just before entering multiball or just before cashing in a jackpot. Craig, did you have the playfield doubled for your 32M shot, could that have been turned into 64M?

what are the multiballs? i only know about the one you get by hitting the shiny-fetish-mother 5 times, and the one you get by (somehow) locking balls up the left side ramp.

andrew said on pinside he was pushing for the launch date of covenant for LE artwork approval so makes sense

Back
Top Bottom