What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I'll be getting one when i can go pick it up and pay cash. I think Andy mentioned end of march for that but i'll probably only get the payment for my kidneys closer to the end of April.

My pinball plans are changing all the time. Current plan is to keep WOZ for a long time and rotate <£1500 machines as and when required...then Alien started looking like the real deal. I'm managing to resist for now, want to see them out there for a while first so any issues can be sorted out. It is looking really good though and you can see it has been given a lot of thought and attention to detail when designing it.

I'll be getting one when i can go pick it up and pay cash. I think Andy mentioned end of march for that but i'll probably only get the payment for my kidneys closer to the end of April.
Looking at the pre-orders on Pinside for the LE alone they are going to have to crank production up if they plan to have any available end of March.

Looks like they will have their hands full, so a little extension won't worry me as it will give me time to sell some other non critical organs and fluids from my body.

How many LE's ? And are they all gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they will have their hands full, so a little extension won't worry me as it will give me time to sell some other non critical organs and fluids from my body.
i'll give you £80 for your spleen, and £120 for your left thumb. deal?

How many LE's ? And are they all gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are supposedly 500 LE's being made and approx. 100 people have voluntarily added their LE number to the Pinside list. Who really knows how many have been ordered though (apart from Heighway). I'm not particularly bothered about an LE but do like the extras it comes with, which works out a bit cheaper than a standard + extras.

i'll give you £80 for your spleen, and £120 for your left thumb. deal?

I need my spleen to fight off infections from machines when at shows. Sorry.

I could do you a sweet deal on a cheesy toe nail collection?

I'l think about the left thumb as i just sold all my old snes games to fund alien.

The fibre optic ramp lighting comes as standard on the LE, but is a £640 add-on for a standard :eek:. Does anyone have any idea what exactly this is, apart from some pretty lighting like Tron? I think I'd rather have the backbox LCD for £140 less.

If it's the same as on Full Throttle then yeah, it's just light wire looped round the ramps. Looks pretty but you could probably it yourself for a lot less

I have it on Tron and its basically a little led light box under the playfield in which the fibre optic stuff jams into. The light can change colours, pulse, flash etc..

Its a little more than just light wire looped around ramps in Tron as the mod (which plugs into the driver board) monitors lamp states in order to change colours with the appropriate mode or sequence. Need more info from Andy on how they work with Alien.

looks awesome, feels sturdy, and good fun to play, and couple that with the winning theme of Aliens, :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

if they had of had another boxed one there I would have wanted to take it home :D

Just got a reply with some prices. Not available to pick up in person yet as currently still fulfilling orders.

alienprices.jpg

Does the Limited come with the 27" screen fitted ? Not clear from website, unless I missed it.

If so and you were thinking of the screen as an upgrade for the standard, you may as well go LE I'd say.
The back-box screen is not standard on the LE, it is a £500 add-on. Heighway's website is all over the place and needs tidying up to make it easier to order what you want. Home Leisure's is a lot clearer with regards to add-ons.
EDIT: If you buy a standard and add the extras to be the same as an LE it is £175 extra, so not a massive saving.

Last edited:
Is the 'game kit' the thing that allows you to convert, say, a Full Throttle into an Alien? So after you've invested in the system, it's then £3.7k for a new game?

Is the 'game kit' the thing that allows you to convert, say, a Full Throttle into an Alien? So after you've invested in the system, it's then £3.7k for a new game?
Yeh, that's the gist of it. Taken from Home Leisure website "The conversion kit for Alien includes everything you need to transform a Heighway cabinet into an Alien machine, including the full playfield, the cabinet artwork and of course the translite. As shown in the video below, performing a game swap is easy, and can be done in mere minutes, so if after some intense gameplay on Alien you miss the fast and furious action of Full Throttle, you can convert back to Full Throttle again in a flash and vice versa!"

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/blog/pinball/alien-pinball-ultimate-guide.html

Reactions: JT.
If you are thinking of getting both get the Alien machine + the FT kit as I think the Alien machine has an upgraded CPU/board. Someone may correct me here.......

when you can pick these up from the factory and pay on the day I'm most likely in.

Their website still says £5100 + delivery in the standard pins description.
It also says they plan on making three new titles each year in the About Us section. Maybe they meant three new tables ;).

As someone said, their website is their shop window so you would think they would try to make it a little more professional with up to date information.

They will get there in the end no doubt, but it seems to be going at a snails pace. It looks like being a great machine so the wait will hopefully be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom