What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Looks great but seriously though! Think I would put it on 5 balls for a while.

Alien: Covenant trailer released yesterday too.

Reactions: JMP
I have been watching the Alien thread on pinside and it was said that the area under the flippers was going to be black and changed from white prior to shipping!!

I have been watching the Alien thread on pinside and it was said that the area under the flippers was going to be black and changed from white prior to shipping!!

I think Andy replied to a similar question/comment in this thread earlier.

Wow, I'm not sure what we did for you to call us liars. All the first 20 games are going to paying customers

Post on Pinside detailing why some of the lights aren't working:

"Worth note up front that we have a few insert lights out so dont be tweaking if you see that on the stream as it is not indicative of the full prodcution games. The one thing on this particular game #2 that is not production, is that the under playfield boards were hand built at the factory (if you remember Andrew previously mentioned that the full pf light/switch boards were part of the delay due to china new year stuff). These hand built (i.e. every single surface light or switch was hand done) are not the quality to expect on the full production units"

I said the first ones out the door were pre production models and there was hell on! :p

Post on Pinside detailing why some of the lights aren't working:

"Worth note up front that we have a few insert lights out so dont be tweaking if you see that on the stream as it is not indicative of the full prodcution games. The one thing on this particular game #2 that is not production, is that the under playfield boards were hand built at the factory (if you remember Andrew previously mentioned that the full pf light/switch boards were part of the delay due to china new year stuff). These hand built (i.e. every single surface light or switch was hand done) are not the quality to expect on the full production units"

I said the first ones out the door were pre production models and there was hell on! :p

Production untis with production boards shipped. The first boards were hand soldered. 100 sets arrive tomorrow from China tomorrow which have been professionally soldered. Shipped games will have their boards swapped next week.

fantastic progress! the stream on dead_flip was fantastic, really got a good feeling for the game. I think its going to be in heavy demand!

Neil.

Its clear the game is good, and from what i have seen from all the gameplay vids on pinside and youtube, reliable enough for me in the home.

Agree. Just watched the Dead Flip/Alien feed and very impressed. Well done Andy and team.

Production untis with production boards shipped. The first boards were hand soldered. 100 sets arrive tomorrow from China tomorrow which have been professionally soldered. Shipped games will have their boards swapped next week.

I know it's your job to spin it, but boards hand soldered by someone that isn't a professional, that subsequently break within days, aren't production boards.

I made this point a fortnight ago. If boards were 2 weeks away from arriving then people would have been understanding of your candour. As it is the games were sent early, both suffered the same malfunction, pinside notices, whispers start, trolls get to work blah blah blah

You must know what pinside is like by now. Good news that they are on their way though

I've been keeping an eye on Pinside and most comments are very favourable. There is genuine excitement, as with many new machines, that this is looking like it is going to be great. Most of the negativity, rightly or wrongly, seems to be coming from this side of the pond. I really hope this is a great, reliable and well supported machine. It would be good to buy British and give Stern/JJP something to think about.

Seconded

The theme seems to be a home run, people of all ages love it. Pricing is competitive, side blades look awesome, LCD in the pf is reasonably unique. If they can really nail the modular system in the coming games Stern are going to be looking over their shoulders

I'm interested to know whether Gary Stern has tried sabotaging anything for Andy like he (allegedly) did with JJP. Probably not quite as easy being in a different continent

It's the internet, what else is it for :D

I forgot that a lot of that stuff was only mentioned in JJPs private forum for woz pre-orders. Jack had a lot of trouble finding vendors for different game parts, some had allegedly been told they would lose Sterns business if they worked with JJP

Guessing this is all pretty standard business v business, just like BT v Talk Talk or something. Lets face it, they are all competitors in a dog eat dog world:D

Yep, it's what Tesco and Sainsbury's said to brands like Kellogg's and McVities and Heinz when Aldi and Lidl came along

This looks fast. I predict that Heighway will clean up on this one. Stern should be worried. AC/DC, Metallica, another crappy middle of the road rock band tie in just arriving. They've got tired. They need themes that catch the new wave of pinball that is coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holding up AC/DC and Metallica as examples of poor sales/themes for Stern really doesn't work. Both sold significant amounts, look at the difficulty people have in obtaining a 2nd hand one.;) Now if you want to talk poor themes and bad sales WWE (?) must surely be your go to pin......

Aliens is a great theme. The significantly cheaper price point must also be a plus in this era of 7k+ premiums..

I think Kiss is the only one that didn't do great and Aerosmith looks like it will be strong - the other two sold like hot cakes - stern has a significant back order book. I think alien will only serve for them to consider making the low end work as they've been trying to do on several occasions but I don't expect any change in their pricing strategy - the simply don't need to change it. What will hurt stern is if they keep trying to charge a premium but deliver **** quality. There is enough of a market at the price points they are selling at but not if they deliver ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its worth noting that Stern does not offer any info on build numbers or how many they sold.

Back
Top Bottom