What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Of course it affects it. Andy has used that money to buy a **** load of parts for the machines to be built. If he has $100k left in the bank and $150k worth of refunds to pay then that screws over everybody else that has paid for a game and is waiting for it to be delivered.

Andy needs to start communicating in realistic terms. There will be a run on the money because of poor Comms and quite rightly so. Don't blame pinside - that's a symptom of frankly **** poor communication from Heighway.

It's not that hard
Give everyone a number based on when they ordred
How many machines are your making a week.
Then you can do basic arithmetic on when you will get your machines.

Pinside is a fantastic forum with 3 or 4 total assholes that if you ignore it's fine, or have fun winding them up lol - I've found hugely valuable things on pinside.

Ex-employee who appears to have made it his life ambition to make Andy's life as hard as possible. Not sure why he can't just move on tbh.

Who is this Owen Clipsham at all?

Someone who arrived on the scene a couple of years ago, has claimed to know quite a lot and spreads a lot of stuff (so I'm lead to believe, I don't read the long posts). He's apparently made up his mind that Dutch Pinball are a good company and Heighway are bad - he HAS been to both factories (Andrew it seems was a little blasé about stuff, but then, who wouldn't want to be optimistic about their own business) the problem for me is that the and he had to sign an NDA which he has now broken for Heighway, which makes me doubt his morals. Whilst he went to the DP factory that was contracted so in reality that's not a realistic representation of their business.

It seems both businesses have issues, why he would want one to fail (he's been PMing people telling them to demand refunds for Alien) and not the other is a mystery to me. I do know that he seems to have come upon his conclusions based on supposition and heresay as opposed to facts. If he has concrete evidence, then I would like him to please provide it to us(here preferably).

Andrew has said an announcement is coming in the next few days, I guess we should all wait for that

For clarity: I've known Andrew around 10 years, I have nothing to do with his company, I'd like him to succeed and I am paid in full on an Alien

yes there are a lot of idiots on pinside but i dont buy that people are trying to destroy his business
people are fed up with stupid announcements and silly factory tours with nothing in and loads of failed promises and dead lines
andrew really needs to get aliens made and out of the door to prove all the idiots wrong
i think its only fair for people who have paid in full and been waiting 2 years to get the machine they have been promised several times in 2016 or there money back

I agree chris i think folks are worried about losing money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well one way or another it seems we will know the state of play in the next week or so.

Clarity and completely honest situation report is desperately needed. The current hall of mirrors clusterf*ck can't continue or it will be game over.

It's a shame it has reached this stage.

Here's hoping it's good news.

Probably taken it off the website until they know what's going on - who would blame them?

Here's hoping Andy can recover all of this. Alien is a lovely machine and while I don't have the kind of spare cash lingering around to get one of my own, I hope eventually when I do there will be one to buy from a happily-running Heighway company.

Yeah they are the same, looks like he's left the country, probably explains why he's siding with DP.

****ing hell, not this **** again. Let me make this absolutely clear, I have had nothing to do with HP for the best part over 5 years ago now. All the **** that's happened since I left is **** all to do with me. Did it ever occur to you people that everytime a disgruntled employee turns up, it might NOT be me?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the things I used to really enjoy was getting involved in the UK pinball scene, going to shows, leagues, meeting people, fixing machines, all of it. I had to leave that amazing community due to the constant lies that were being spread about me.

Did I handle what happened between me and Andy poorly? Yep indeedy, I accept that, but that was my mentality then, shoot from the hip and bugger the consequences. The fact I am still getting accused of this **** over 5 YEARS later beggars belief.

Calm down, re-read the posts above and you'll see it was simply mistaken identity over similar sounding first names. It's only a few months ago Andy said he was looking into legal action against you in this very thread for chirping up, so don't fault the association. Anyway, apologies I confused the two of you for others to reference back to you as they did.

Someone who arrived on the scene a couple of years ago, has claimed to know quite a lot and spreads a lot of stuff (so I'm lead to believe, I don't read the long posts). He's apparently made up his mind that Dutch Pinball are a good company and Heighway are bad - he HAS been to both factories (Andrew it seems was a little blasé about stuff, but then, who wouldn't want to be optimistic about their own business) the problem for me is that the and he had to sign an NDA which he has now broken for Heighway, which makes me doubt his morals. Whilst he went to the DP factory that was contracted so in reality that's not a realistic representation of their business.

It seems both businesses have issues, why he would want one to fail (he's been PMing people telling them to demand refunds for Alien) and not the other is a mystery to me. I do know that he seems to have come upon his conclusions based on supposition and heresay as opposed to facts. If he has concrete evidence, then I would like him to please provide it to us(here preferably).

Andrew has said an announcement is coming in the next few days, I guess we should all wait for that

For clarity: I've known Andrew around 10 years, I have nothing to do with his company, I'd like him to succeed and I am paid in full on an Alien

I don't post a great deal either here or on Pinside, but I do read a fair bit. What amuses me about this rubberducks/ducks person is that he practically fellates Dutch Pinball in the majority of his posts whilst constantly criticising the quality of machines put out by other manufacturers, and as far as I'm aware his only exposure to the Lebowski machines comes from a factory tour, which apparently was enough for him to become something of an expert on the build and construction of the games. Then again, the essays that he posts seem to be designed to insinuate that he has knowledge of every companies inner workings, so it's hard to pin down his angle and the source of his information. Either way, it's hard not to take a dislike to him based on the way he posts.

The reason I find this amusing is that I have a Lebowski, and as far as I'm aware it's the only one currently in the UK. Coincidentally, tomorrow will mark one year since I took delivery, so I feel that I am in a position to make comments as to the build quality of the game, and my opinion does differ somewhat from his. Yes, the machine has a 'solid' feel to it, but having also had several NIB Stern machines over the years, including a GB Premium last September, I can say that Lebowski has caused me more problems than all the others put together. I tend not to post about it often, as I was well aware of the risks I was taking pre-ordering a machine from an unknown manufacturer, and Dutch Pinball have been helping with the issues albeit slowly. It is frustrating however to see someone claim such expertise and make statements that I find so contradictory to my experience, and therefore I thought it was worth posting, especially if he seems to have an active agenda against Heighway Pinball and Alien; I've spoken to other Lebowski owners in the States who have also had a number of issues with the machine, so it doesn't seem like I'm the exception to the rule either. In the interest of disclosure, I'm not in on Alien.

I've been in the hobby, albeit not particularly vocally, for around 12 years now, and when he first popped up here and on Pinside I was confused as to how there was someone in the UK who appeared to have such an insight into the entire pinball industry, such as it exists today, who seemed to appear out of nowhere. I assumed that he must have been around a long time and perhaps had changed the name he posted under, so to read that he did appear only a couple of years ago surprises me somewhat. It really would be fascinating to find out what his angle is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom