What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a MM really worth?

'for all the nurds the DM is perfect'

Well, hardly makes people want to buy off him. And it is nerds not nurds:D

I guess the guy doesnt know hat a credit dot is either as his reply to me was "No dots that is the camera".He's also removed the credit dot picture and replaced it with another shot not showing it.

credit dot or no credit dot ten grand is insane!

rolleyes-1.gif

im sorry but everthing generally has a ceiling price wise and even a perfect MM is just not worth that....especially in todays economic climate where many previously wealthy people are selling of bits and pieces to make a few quid to get through these tough times.

ten grand....lol

I think MM prices peaked a few months back, the last two for grabs were bounced around for quite a while before there were any takers, I think the focus is now on AFM, Tron LE and Gilligan's Island etc

I wonder with the crazy prices we are currently seeing if Planetary Pinball would consider re-making some of the more expensive games ?

I managed to stockpile so many MM parts during my restoration, including all the major playfield components, new decal set (and a new playfield), and I often wonder how near I am to making another machine from all the bits?!

New cabinets and backboxes are available, but the backbox electrics would be a nightmare unless I had a donor machine. I wonder what other WPC-95 games shared common components with MM?

Steve' date=' post: 1695238 said:
I managed to stockpile so many MM parts during my restoration, including all the major playfield components, new decal set (and a new playfield), and I often wonder how near I am to making another machine from all the bits?!

New cabinets and backboxes are available, but the backbox electrics would be a nightmare unless I had a donor machine. I wonder what other WPC-95 games shared common components with MM?

go for it mate. ironically i have just started a thread on this subject!

smile-1.png

jonathan' date=' post: 1695242 said:
Sorry guys on pinside did this and posted about it last month. Took him years

i cant see that being a problem for some people though?

some people want to own the game for it's merits and not to make big bucks riding the latest fashion wave.

if you've hankered after a dream pin for a few years surely you wont mind taking time over it when you diy?

wayne g' date=' post: 1695241 said:
go for it mate. ironically i have just started a thread on this subject!

smile-1.png

Stripping something like a Congo or a NGG would be a good start I think, went for Congo due to cost and the NGG due to similar pop through pf figures, maybe I am off course but there is my starter for 10.

wayne g' date=' post: 1695243 said:
i cant see that being a problem for some people though?

some people want to own the game for it's merits and not to make big bucks riding the latest fashion wave.

if you've hankered after a dream pin for a few years surely you wont mind taking time over it when you diy?

Auto correct! That was meant to say 'some guy on pinside'

The seller has a chip on his shoulder. I emailed him again yesterday via ebay regarding the credit dot & have the issues now been fixed his response was:-

Should of gone to Specsavers.

Rus121' date=' post: 1695212 said:
I guess the guy doesnt know hat a credit dot is either as his reply to me was "No dots that is the camera".He's also removed the credit dot picture and replaced it with another shot not showing it.

I spotted that.

What do you guys reckon a battered afm is worth? Lots of insert wear, large scoop wear, rusty wire ramps etc.

£2500 maybe slightly less, to get it mint would not be cost effective if you take time into account on top of all the parts, AFM pf....ouch

Hmmm. . . .

I have the money in the bank and it would only be a stop gap until WOZ gets here as its looking like being another few months yet.

As a result I'd need to break even on it when I moved it on. What you reckon? Worth a punt?

Insert wear

Untitled3-1.png

Wireform rust

111-1.png

Missing inserts, scoop wear and snapped scoop

1-1.png

I would love you to go for this , As I would be more than interested to see how much profit you try and make on it.

Even if its just for the cost of getting it from down south to yours. But I would think you will want a little more than the cost of the transportation.

Go for it and lets see.

replicas' date=' post: 1695949 said:
I would love you to go for this , As I would be more than interested to see how much profit you try and make on it.

Even if its just for the cost of getting it from down south to yours. But I would think you will want a little more than the cost of the transportation.

Go for it and lets see.

Put the handbag down and step away from the computer

Looks fine to me as a 'player' game. If you want an AFM to play then buy it.

The pinball scene in general at the moment seems WAY too fixated on the price/value/worth/resale of machines.

All hobbies cost money, everything costs money, but for some reason people seem to think that pinball as a hobby owes them a living.

Sorry in advance if this offends but so tired of everyone asking ...is this 'worth' it ....basically meaning is it cheap enough that it wont cost me anything or I can make a buck on it a few months down the road.

And yes I have had a beer
smile-1.png

GrizZ' date=' post: 1695962 said:
Looks fine to me as a 'player' game. If you want an AFM to play then buy it.

The pinball scene in general at the moment seems WAY too fixated on the price/value/worth/resale of machines.

All hobbies cost money, everything costs money, but for some reason people seem to think that pinball as a hobby owes them a f*cking living.

Sorry in advance if this offends but so tired of everyone asking ...is this 'worth' it ....basically meaning is it cheap enough that it wont cost me anything or I can make a buck on it a few months down the road.

And yes I have had a beer
smile-1.png

It is strange really but I have never been in a hobby where there is the ' what it owes me' philosophy. It is almost ingrained in that virtually every pinball I have bought and been interested in.

Also now guilty of doing same now. All my other hobbies/interests I just do and they cost me money. Trouble is that pinballs keep going up as person A buys and then adds what it owes him and sells on to person B, and next person does same.

Very odd:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom