What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a MM really worth?

Adrian Hufton

Registered
Hi folks,

What is a MM really worth? I've played it on the PS3, i've read all the hype, but are they worth twice what a NIB would cost?

It's not rated number one (why?), yes they are rare but is it that good?

If you won the lotto would you buy one? (Dreads i know you really want one!) I really hope there is one at the pinball party because i want to see what it is all about.

People on the group who have one, is it that much better than everything else, if there were 10,000 out there what would they cost?

Why do i only post when i'm p****d!!!

Adie

I have played it loads over the years ....its a good game ........ but like the 'best' films, albums, books etc ever .............. it's not.

I know many people who have had one, and sold it. They are also not that rare - over 4K made isn't rare.

If you have space , buying several decent/equally good DMD games instead of 1 MM is a no brainer to me. Or a new Stern.

It's not my favourite game of all time: (LOTR is), but MM is a really well put together fun game with great humorous and dramatic callouts. It's a really good party game to play against your mates (unlike LOTR or TZ). It's one of the few games that I can ever get to the wizard mode on (BFTK), and even manage to defeat it on occasions!

I agree there has been a lot of hype about this game. Collectors tend to hang on to them and not move them on, so there has always been a shortage of available games. I was fortunate to pick one up last year at £5.8K ( Yes I know I paid too much for it, but I really really wanted one, and it was the first one to go on ebay for a while).
rolleyes-1.gif

Am I happy with it: Yes. - Was it worth what I paid for it: Probably not....

Adrian Hufton' date=' post: 1695085 said:
Hi folks,

What is a MM really worth? I've played it on the PS3, i've read all the hype, but are they worth twice what a NIB would cost?

It's not rated number one (why?), yes they are rare but is it that good?

If you won the lotto would you buy one? (Dreads i know you really want one!) I really hope there is one at the pinball party because i want to see what it is all about.

People on the group who have one, is it that much better than everything else, if there were 10,000 out there what would they cost?

Why do i only post when i'm p****d!!!

Adie

Hi Adie, can't comment on how good it is, I did used to really want one, now I am not bothered, I turned one down about a month ago with a sub 5k price tag, just makes me wonder what people are thinking when they post nonsense like "the rarest pin out there" which it clearly is not, there are 100's of pins which are rarer truth be told, each to their own with regards to what they want to ask for their machine, I am not the price police and it's no skin off my back, I just think it looks pretty damn ridiculous when you see a machine which may not even be in great condition listed with a 10k price tag when mint examples struggle to make in excess of 5.5K, the last one with an equally ridiculous price tag of 8k eventually had to be released for £5.6k, that was a mint example and the seller purchased for <5k a few months prior, no silly offers?? I guess when someone offers half what you are expecting it's going to be a silly offer but the only thing silly is the asking price
wink-1.png

My fave game is AFM,which is prob why I like MM too,as they are pretty similar.

I was fortunate to buy it a few years ago so were a lot cheaper then.

What's it worth?Well,I guess that is really up to you,really.The recent going rate is about what a new Stern is.

Pin prices are crazy.Wouldn't mind a MB-but to me it is worth about 2k or so-which means I aint ever gonna own one,as they are now well over double that.

I guess we have to pay what we think stuff is worth,or not buy it.

£10K for an MM now?.... Good luck with that.

If its truly mint, its worth a little less than a current XMEN LE in my eyes (due to it being used). £6K would be about right there as a sensible price in the current market. Any offer over that price should be seriously considered.

Rus121' date=' post: 1695111 said:
£10K for an MM now?.... Good luck with that.

If its truly mint, its worth a little less than a current XMEN LE in my eyes (due to it being used). £6K would be about right there as a sensible price in the current market. Any offer over that price should be seriously considered.

Agreed.We all have a limit for what WE would pay for a pin.I could'nt afford it anyway but £6k would be the tops for any pin(unless 6 numbers come up:p)

..Plus doesn't the table have a "credit dot"?

This could be something as simple as a missing ball or broken switch, but asking 10k for a table that is not working 100%.

Credit dot? Dont know what you mean there? If you mean the display looks faulty as far as i can tell it looks fine but it does reflect some lighting in that pic.

Dont forget he may be using that huge price tag to get to the top of the list when people search for 'price - highest first'. He also has a 'make offer' on the listing, so i suspect he would take a lot less than the 10K asking price.

This was my beef in the other thread (sorry to the OP if we hijacked your thread). :oops:

I have no issue with a seller asking a high figure for a popular and sought after game, if they take time and care to offer a fully working game that is is mint condition.

The photos of the MM currently on ebay are poor as well. Take a look at Les Potts' Jackbot now on ebay to see how a good game should be sold. I had no worries about bidding high on his MM last year as the detailed pictures that he put on ebay gave an excellent overview of the game he was selling.

This MM on ebay just smacks of opportunism. :suspect:

Rus121' date=' post: 1695122 said:
Credit dot? Dont know what you mean there? If you mean the display looks faulty as far as i can tell it looks fine but it does reflect some lighting in that pic.

I'm pretty certain that is the term.

I.e An arcade manager is able to tell that the table is not 100% working by just viewing the display (DMD) See photo 1 on the ebay listing.

Do you see the dot (full stop) next to "FREE PLAY"

I TiltAlot' date=' post: 1695123 said:
This was my beef in the other thread (sorry to the OP if we hijacked your thread). :oops:

I have no issue with a seller asking a high figure for a popular and sought after game, if they take time and care to offer a fully working game that is is mint condition.

The photos of the MM currently on ebay are poor as well. Take a look at Les Potts' Jackbot now on ebay to see how a good game should be sold. I had no worries about bidding high on his MM last year as the detailed pictures that he put on ebay gave an excellent overview of the game he was selling.

This MM on ebay just smacks of opportunism. :suspect:

It would be a case of physically seeing the table for yourself. No courier involved.

I suppose the camera never lies..

Definitely a credit dot at the end of FREE PLAY.

I notice the self portrait has gone now from the listing, replaced by the TROLLS!
smile-1.png

I TiltAlot' date=' post: 1695127 said:
Definitely a credit dot at the end of FREE PLAY.

and am I right in thinking it's to inform an arcade manager that the table is not 100% working?

i.e Saves going through the diagnostics to be told an error.

LOL. I'm a little ashamed to admit i never knew that about the credit dot. I heard the term before but strangely never picked up on what it meant. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Rus121' date=' post: 1695129 said:
LOL. I'm a little ashamed to admit i never knew that about the credit dot. I heard the term before but strangely never picked up on what it meant. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

We're here to help.

I did mention this to the seller of MM, but my reply was "You need to get out more"

It didn't half make me chuckle.

You would think after 10 tables and a lot of fixing that i would have noticed the term. Sadly, i overlooked that one....(probably could have saved me a lot of grief in the past too)

I think i'll let the guy selling the MM know about it too....
wink-1.png

Rus121' date=' post: 1695132 said:
You would think after 10 tables and a lot of fixing that i would have noticed the term. Sadly, i overlooked that one....(probably could have saved me a lot of grief in the past too)

I think i'll let the guy selling the MM know about it too....
wink-1.png

I like your style, lets see if you get the same blunt, rude response.

This thread made me grin, there is no hiding place for the "credit dot", with regards to accepting offers, it clearly states "no silly offers", I would guess that anything less than 8.5k would be classed as a silly offer on something that has a market value of 10k.

Someone tried to flip their MM on ebay last year for £10k too. Still ended up selling for nearer £6k. £5.5-£6k tends to be the going price now. A couple of years ago that was crazy money when you could buy a NIB for sub £4k. But with the new trend of LE NIB's priced at £6k it seems to be the going rate.

Rus121' date=' post: 1695129 said:

You learn something every day, well I do! Never heard that term before, but good thing to know.

Yeah, i love learning new tips 'n tricks. That one with the tin foil really works and gets my vote for the tip of the year!

Anyway, i sent the guy a polite email asking him why there was a credit dot and if the machine has any issues or not. I wonder what the reply will be?

To be honest most of the time the credit dot appears is simply because the Time And Date have not been set. Also, as this thread has shown, owners can be blissfully unaware of its earth shattering importance.

Still if I was selling a game I'd rather it wasn't there, although I might leave it there just to wind up the Credit Dot Police
wink-1.png
biggrin-1.png

The seller wants 12k for all 3 machines MM, TOM & Sweet Hearts (EM - Gottlieb)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
biggrin-1.png
sounds to me like someone needs to have a f*cking word with themselves
wink-1.png

Going back to the whole is MM a good game thing, I really like it and have enjoyed playing it when I can. As others have said though, I pefer AFM but thats probably because I like the theme more (quite spooky that we were talking about exactly this at Swavesey).

If you won the lotto would you buy one?

I would buy one of everything and build a massive retro arcade to keep them all in
biggrin-1.png

Back
Top Bottom