What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Having spent a good bit time on my Pro I can confidently say that I think it’s a fantastic game. The shots, theme integration and light show is amazing. The UV Kit is amazing, such a clever idea (ignoring the $ you have to pay for it)! All they need to do is add a video mode and some lockdown button usage (at the minute, it is almost completely redundant) and then it’s complete in my opinion.

I will be interested to see what the topper looks like, but if it’s anywhere near $999, I will be passing!

Cannot see this leaving for ages, unless Stern spring a Mandalorian Pinball machine on me!

My advice for anyone who has a Pro or a Premium is to get some of the non-reflective glass that Neil sorts, as this is a must for me on this game due to the position of the Demogorgan and the reflection of the LCD.

B9C5BB75-AEBA-46F2-BD2F-DF274CFB0227.jpeg

Cleland supplies full instructions, but it just involves downloading an entire SD card image. Then he points you to an image burning program you can download, and burn the entire image onto a new blank 16Gb SD card. Then you just pull out the existing SD card from the machine and keep it safely somewhere, and pop in the new one you just burned. And bob's your uncle.

He has versions for pro and premium. But it's for 0.98 which is the one before the most recent version. Stern has locked him out of Pinball Browser again, so until Pinball Browser figures out what Stern has done and is updated Cleland is unable to do the latest version yet. As I understand it.

I would send you what Cleland sent me but he is very explicit that his links are not to be shared, and also they expire after a few days so it wouldn't work anyway!

He has versions for pro and premium. But it's for 0.98 which is the one before the most recent version. Stern has locked him out of Pinball Browser again, so until Pinball Browser figures out what Stern has done and is updated Cleland is unable to do the latest version yet. As I understand it.

I would send you what Cleland sent me but he is very explicit that his links are not to be shared, and also they expire after a few days so it wouldn't work anyway!
Thanks mate appreciate that, mine was on that code when I got it, was hoping Cleland had cracked the lock and updated the latest code. I'm sure he will at some point!

Thanks mate appreciate that, mine was on that code when I got it, was hoping Cleland had cracked the lock and updated the latest code. I'm sure he will at some point!
I think it's the Pinball Browser geezer who has to crack the lock by the way, that then lets Cleland, or anyone else using Pinball Browser, in to change the music...

I've got the fairly common problem that it is almost impossible to hit the Demigorgon right in the gob. I've filmed it in slo mo and the ball always hits a touch low - I guess on what would be the Demigorgon's lower lip or chin if it had those. I know some machines have this issue and some don't from reading on Pinside.

Anyway, does anyone have a solution that has worked for them? There are a few ideas on Pinside but nothing detailed enought to follow that I have found - there are 150 pages in the main thread and the search function is pants.

I think I read that the spacers at the front of the Demogorgan need to be removed and this helps. The instructions are on Pinside.

My ramp is faulty, so I have a new one that needs to be fitted, but I am also having the same issue where it is too low.

I've got the fairly common problem that it is almost impossible to hit the Demigorgon right in the gob.
I put a strip of adhesive foam, about 4mm wide, and about 1mm thick, all.the way along the top edge of the ramp... before then I never saw the ball go in it's gob, first shot with this strip there it went straight in!!

I've got the fairly common problem that it is almost impossible to hit the Demigorgon right in the gob. I've filmed it in slo mo and the ball always hits a touch low - I guess on what would be the Demigorgon's lower lip or chin if it had those. I know some machines have this issue and some don't from reading on Pinside.

Anyway, does anyone have a solution that has worked for them? There are a few ideas on Pinside but nothing detailed enought to follow that I have found - there are 150 pages in the main thread and the search function is pants.

Adjust the flipper strength and/ or the pitch of the game. Probably both. Once you’ve found the sweet spot for each flipper, remember to lock the leg levellers in place and tighten your leg bolts properly so your tweeking doesn’t shift over time/plays

Adjust the flipper strength and/ or the pitch of the game. Probably both. Once you’ve found the sweet spot for each flipper, remember to lock the leg levellers in place and tighten your leg bolts properly so your tweeking doesn’t shift over time/plays
I actually took a printout of your post into my pinball room with a digital leveller and put it at 6.7 degrees with flippers at 245 and 250 as you suggested and it didnt work for me. I am guessing that the more level the playfield is the higher the ball will go (as it will go up the playfield faster) but even at 6 degrees with flippers on full power it can't make it. Also tried up at 7.3 degrees but still no dice, so I think the ramp will need to be raised somehow

Adjust the level in tiny increments. Try 6.5 or 6.4. Or 6.8 etc etc. Same with the flippers, those flipper strength numbers I quoted were for my machine so they will likely be different for yours. Again try small adjustments, L at 242 and R at 248 for example. It takes time and patience with the glass off, start a game and when the ramp is down trap up the ball and test with each flipper. Good luck you’ll get there in the end

Last edited:
I should add. Measure the pitch in the middle / half way up the pf (with the glass off obviously)

I actually took a printout of your post into my pinball room with a digital leveller and put it at 6.7 degrees with flippers at 245 and 250 as you suggested and it didnt work for me. I am guessing that the more level the playfield is the higher the ball will go (as it will go up the playfield faster) but even at 6 degrees with flippers on full power it can't make it. Also tried up at 7.3 degrees but still no dice, so I think the ramp will need to be raised somehow
Don’t raise the ramp, you can just lower the Demogorgan by taking those spacers out.

Whilst my ramp is faulty, I could also find no level / strength that allowed me to make the shot regularly.

I'm aware of the problems but the longer time goes on the more attractive this machine becomes to me.

I can definitely see myself owning one at some point.

The more time I spend with this game the more I think it’s one of the best. I am really enjoying it and the code is not finalised yet.

I am very happy to have one.

I've had a couple of fleeting games. What's the integration like?

I've had a couple of fleeting games. What's the integration like?

As a fan of the show, I think it’s amazing. I would like to see some interaction with button and a video mode, but I think it integrates really well!

As a fan of the show, I think it’s amazing. I would like to see some interaction with button and a video mode, but I think it integrates really well!

I was very tempted to nab Tykes when it was up for sale.

I had the opposite in my demogorgan ramp it alway hit too high I removed the demogorgan which is a real pain and bent the bracket now it’s spot on

Well problem solved: now hitting the Demigorgon right in the cakehole with regularity. It really transforms the game. (OK that's a bit much, but it now plays as it was intended to).

After messing about with levels and flippers, I ended up with a little strip of velcro hooks across the top of the ramp. It's not noticeable if you don't look for it, but it does the job perfectly. Not as pretty as @pinballslave's version, but I am now happy and this game is growing on me all the time.

stramp.JPG

Now to remove the ridiculous Arcade sign mod which rotates with a motor which is almost as loud as the machine's fan, all the time...

Back
Top Bottom