What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2022 Machine donation thread

So only HS2 is the reliable game of the last 4 years?
I don't understand that point as most people on here take care of their games.
I'm not complaining I was just curious as it seemed to contradict things people had said about variety.

It's the only game I really know in the bank afterall 😆
Don't you have a Turtles?

So only HS2 is the reliable game of the last 4 years?

as you say, used before and proven reliable. Was restored by the Taxman & Telboy, some of the best restorers/engineers in the business and fastidiously looked after by the owner.
Apart from new games, how do you know what history game has? Restored seems to mean anything from wiped over with an oily cloth to a true nut and bolt resto...
I originally offered Fathom but pulled it when I realised It didn't meet what I would consider good enough (doing something weird with extra balls).

Getting part way through a tourney and then having to pull games causes all kinds of headaches.

as you say, used before and proven reliable. Was restored by the Taxman & Telboy, some of the best restorers/engineers in the business and fastidiously looked after by the owner.
Apart from new games, how do you know what history game has? Restored seems to mean anything from wiped over with an oily cloth to a true nut and bolt resto...
I originally offered Fathom but pulled it when I realised It didn't meet what I would consider good enough (doing something weird with extra balls).

Getting part way through a tourney and then having to pull games causes all kinds of headaches.

I'm not denying reliability is key. Just there are other games, otherwise you're saying that we may as well have the same games in the comp bank every year because they were proven to be reliable one or two years running?
That seems a strange way of looking at it.

I won't claim to know the history of people's games but they should know how reliable they are like I know how reliable mine are.

All my B/Ws are rock solid. I take extreme care of them, it doesn't matter where they were in the past. A few months later I've reflowed boards, adjusted switches and all other OCD aspects of owning a pin. They have to work as intended.
I like to think most people are the same.

As Locomotion is going into the Classics we'll also bring Space Shuttle to restore balance to the main hall Zaccarias.

If there's room left in the van we'll bring Fish Tales.

We're sharing a Luton with @MajesticPinball so not sure how much room we'll have left
Does anyone know how many pins you can get in a Luton?

We usually limit a Luton with 2 people and stuff (legs tools etc) to 10 pins due to weight but even then its probably technically overloaded.

We usually limit a Luton with 2 people and stuff (legs tools etc) to 10 pins due to weight but even then its probably technically overloaded.

I found a thread that said similar. I suppose 8 or 9 is safe but 10 might be over the limit.
🥺

I would definitely be mindful of weight in the van, vosa and the dvla are getting seriously hot on this. Myself and at least 5 work mates have been pulled in the last 3 months, all fined for being overweight.
With the average weight of a pin, id say 10 in a Luton, with passengers, is pushing it

I would definitely be mindful of weight in the van, vosa and the dvla are getting seriously hot on this. Myself and at least 5 work mates have been pulled in the last 3 months, all fined for being overweight.
With the average weight of a pin, id say 10 in a Luton, with passengers, is pushing it
Yeah, I don't want to risk it.
I believe we're upto 9 in the van. I might swap RS for AFM or Space shuttle anyway. RS does weigh a lot.

How much had you eaten?

Unrelated to your post but do I recall you saying in an podcast ep a loooong time ago that you worked out how to get two pins in your van?
I'd like to know which vans will fit two pins as we'll hire one and take two to the UK open if we can but getting pins in and out of vans is the struggle.

Yeah, I don't want to risk it.
I believe we're upto 9 in the van. I might swap RS for AFM or Space shuttle anyway. RS does weigh a lot.

Unrelated to your post but do I recall you saying in an podcast ep a loooong time ago that you worked out how to get two pins in your van?
I'd like to know which vans will fit two pins as we'll hire one and take two to the UK open if we can but getting pins in and out of vans is the struggle.

Mine is not a great example because it's a crew cab.

Technically I could get one on the back seat but a couple in the bulkhead is plenty.

Tombstoned or on their bottoms? I couldn't see how to get a tombstoned pin in and out of a van without tail lift.
Just push them off.

Joking aside you lower them on their belly then manoeuvre off the side coin door facing up.

Just push them off.

Joking aside you lower them on their belly then manoeuvre off the side coin door facing up.

We did that with TMNT in a small van but the van only fit that one pin but had lots of dead space to the side, not enough for another pin because of wheelarches though.
The van's we've used I just can't picture more than 1 fitting on their belly because of width taken up by wheelarches.
Unless you have one sideways at a side door .

I can carry 3 in my lwb crewcab transit, 2 in the back laying flat and one on the back seats. Better to remove the handle on one side if loading onto the back seats

i have a swb hire van at the mo let me check it fits three. yesterday I had no fear in the back and there was defo space at the front for a pin iM sure.

I could get 2 into a small transit connect. Both lying down. Slide 1 in from the back and 1 in the side door.

Think you'll get two into pretty much any transit sized van tbh.

You can get 3 into a standard transit custom all lying down. Load first one from back and rotate 180 degrees so backbox is towards the front. Push it over to one side and put a piece of cardboard between it and wheel arch. Then slide in 2nd one from the back with backbox closest to rear doors. It’s tight but just about enough room to slide some cardboard between the pins and again between pin 2 and wheel arch. Lastly slide one in through the side door and again use cardboard to keep them apart.

You can get 3 into a standard transit custom all lying down. Load first one from back and rotate 180 degrees so backbox is towards the front. Push it over to one side and put a piece of cardboard between it and wheel arch. Then slide in 2nd one from the back with backbox closest to rear doors. It’s tight but just about enough room to slide some cardboard between the pins and again between pin 2 and wheel arch. Lastly slide one in through the side door and again use cardboard to keep them apart.
+1 with some games you don't need to rotate either.

Thanks guys!
I thought there was enough area for 2 or more but I didn't think you had room to rotate them.

i have a swb hire van at the mo let me check it fits three. yesterday I had no fear in the back and there was defo space at the front for a pin iM sure.

If you could take a pic as well it would be appreciated 😁

Back
Top Bottom