What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2021 - August 27th, 28th & 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress. There'll be loads of empty vans parked up :)

and a bucket :eek:
I will be coming in a van hopefully but I’ve done enough of the bag in a bucket over the years fishing🤢
And my wife, well I’m not mentioning that to her😬

Thanks, I’m still looking for somewhere. I can’t believe the number of places fully booked!
Im sure something will come up.
If it's anything like years before, it;s the same weekend as the MotoGP at Silverstone...... So everywhere for miles is booked....

Edit :
MONSTER ENERGY BRITISH GRAND PRIX MOTOGP™ 27 - 29 AUGUST 2021

@Big Phil I'm going to be coming down alone this year, and will probably be arriving Friday early afternoon. If anyone needs any spare hands in making sure everything is setup and working, I am happy to help before the doors open on the Friday evening :)

If it's anything like years before, it;s the same weekend as the MotoGP at Silverstone...... So everywhere for miles is booked....

Edit :
MONSTER ENERGY BRITISH GRAND PRIX MOTOGP™ 27 - 29 AUGUST 2021
Ahh that doesn’t help. I’ve found a nice place about 9 miles n/east for £225 fri/mon, waiting on my mrs to get back from work.

Tickets!

Those supplying machines will be given a durable plastic staff wristband for the entire weekend. You can access out of hours for machine maintenance etc.....

General public will be getting FOUR wristbands. A lot of VIP don't like the idea of wearing the wristband for the whole weekend so 4 individual wristbands will be given out. Fri Eve, Sat, Sat eve and Sunday. This allows you to rip it off at the end of the night and start afresh the following day after your shower.

I presume you'll all be ok with this?

For the VIP's, you should be able to collect your tickets from around 4pm on Friday.

Just over 2 weeks to go!

Good idea Phil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the offers of help, I've had quite a few. Please don't be offended when I decline. I need to be very careful regarding insurance plus we'll end up with more people than pins in there.

I know everyone is dying to have a catch up and be involved but only UKPinfest staff and machine donators will be allowed into the rooms during set up and out of show hours.

Try and enter and you'll have Pauline and Liz to deal with! :rofl:

So if you're arriving early, grab a pint and hang around. The team take breaks during the day and you'll bump into them outside of the hall.

What if you stink at pinball, are you still classed as a smelly player or just a totally [emoji90]one?

LOL - no playing skills gets no discrimination just smelly people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Big Phil Just to be clear mate I'm booked in the night of the 26th and bringing Deadpool . Are you setting up on the Thursday night or should I just drive up on Friday morning? Cheers.

Regarding the offers of help, I've had quite a few. Please don't be offended when I decline. I need to be very careful regarding insurance plus we'll end up with more people than pins in there.

I know everyone is dying to have a catch up and be involved but only UKPinfest staff and machine donators will be allowed into the rooms during set up and out of show hours.

So if you're arriving early, grab a pint and hang around. The team take breaks during the day and you'll bump into them outside of the hall.

Nobody gets by Liz , she’s brilliant [emoji3]

I tried that two years ago, only to get politely declined! You do a great job guys!

Gutted as it now looks like I can go but no accommodation anywhere.:(
Spent a lot of time yesterday looking, found one but blinked and it was gone.
There is a double room in the Mercure available for Sunday/Monday -£70 or Fri/Sat for over £200!
Will keep looking

Last edited:
If anyone on here had a room booked, and then can’t go, offer your room to another member. that way we don’t lose any rooms at the good rate.

Think Hollie works part time pls be patient!

That was Monday, I’m very patient thats why I’m not rushing to book any old place.
If it happens it happens, can’t complain as I’ve arrived late to the party.

I know of a few bokings that have been cancelled at the weekend/Monday.. they should be available by now, unless they have put the rooms back into the public pool of rooms rather than the pinfest pool?

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/uk-pinfest-competition.43389/

For people asking about the competition format. It's all detailed in the link above (from the 2019 comp) and also has a fair few questions answered - so read that before asking the same questions!
It really is very simple to understand in person, and we will explain it again if you don't.

Obviously the games are different. This year, due to having a classics comp as well, all of the machines will be DMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom