What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2021 - August 27th, 28th & 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready for a pin fix weekend!!

Attachments

• 6BAA32B1-1ED7-40F0-9D6D-DC8113DE97F1.jpeg
    6BAA32B1-1ED7-40F0-9D6D-DC8113DE97F1.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 465DE405-572E-4DFB-9607-CD4071AE3B68.jpeg
    465DE405-572E-4DFB-9607-CD4071AE3B68.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 1FBE1E38-1200-4128-B6DB-22178FD409D3.jpeg
    1FBE1E38-1200-4128-B6DB-22178FD409D3.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 318370B5-AA40-4A6E-A7F8-DED401381469.jpeg
    318370B5-AA40-4A6E-A7F8-DED401381469.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 29
So it being my pinball aniversary last week, the lady bought me two hard hats 😂
Had some friends over yesterday and got into the spirit of my favourite pin...

View attachment 145426

Wondering if I should stay in character for Pinfest? Would it help people identify me for a pint (and nothing more! 😉) or to avoid me? 😂

Maybe I'll get the wrong type of attention? 😜
Do it, but with pony tails and a yellow hat, you risk being mistaken for chris poibug, the original yellow hatted one.

If anyone has to cancel their room for Saturday evening please let me know first and I will have it!

As long as you everyone puts as much effort into showering and bathing and splashing on deodorant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do it, but with pony tails and a yellow hat, you risk being mistaken for chris poibug, the original yellow hatted one.

Would that be a good or bad thing? 🤔

Depends how short he is and if he’s throwing beer all over the floor

I'm 6'4, so rather tall and I don't think I like the idea of being responsible for people's beer like that 😳
Did @Poibug have to buy a new round after that? 😂

As long as you everyone puts as much effort into showering and bathing and splashing on deodorant!

Does it really get that bad [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been answered. What time are people aiming to get to the hotel Friday? Ones not taking pins?

You should be able to play the charity machines near the bar area before the event starts.

Hopefully, you we can sort your wristbands from around 4pm/5pm

Ok cool. I will head up a bit earlier and check in hopefully. Have a beer and wait for the fun to begin [emoji1787]

Silly question here but is there people selling pinball parts etc at the show or is it just pinball machines set up sorry first time there

Silly question here but is there people selling pinball parts etc at the show or is it just pinball machines set up sorry first time there

Theres around 14 for sale this year. I believe they're listed in the machine donation thread.
Also some spare parts about as far as I know

You should be able to play the charity machines near the bar area before the event starts.

Hopefully, we can sort your wristbands from around 4pm/5pm

Followed by a 2 hour wait for the doors to open at 7pm! Unsure of exact arrival time but hoping to arrive between 5 and 6pm with a view to heading off for some food!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy @pinballmania has already posted that you can buy from his website to collect at the show.
He usually also has a stock of "standard" items with him as well for purchase.

There's no such thing as a silly question - unless it's asking if you can buy tickets on the door😁

Ok cool. I will head up a bit earlier and check in hopefully. Have a beer and wait for the fun to begin [emoji1787]

This is exactly my plan, take some £1 coins and play the ones in the bar (hopefully they’ll be up early enough) over a beer, or two, or three

Does it really get that bad [emoji2357]

Unfortunately - and even MORE so with covid frankly if I ran the place and someone turned up smelly and clearly not clean they wouldn’t be allowed in.

We had someone in the club who absolutely reeked last weekend - you could actually smell them before they arrived. They got a steered as above. In my view is more not acceptable to put up with it, and I will have my book:

0acb4ec072f3f94875d8f76476c79055.jpg

So Wash you smelly b’stards! Not funny serious.

Every one should also do a lateral flow test before coming. I will be.

Cheers,
Neil.

I did an LFT on Thursday, no symptoms before the test but came up positive! PCR confirmed it. Last day of isolating will be the end of Sunday (the final day of pinfest! Doh). Massively disappointing to now be missing Pinfest as a result. Fortunately by spotting it early, it looks like i have managed to not infect anyone else, even in my household. So definitely worth doing the tests if you have no symptoms.

I did an LFT on Thursday, no symptoms before the test but came up positive! PCR confirmed it. Last day of isolating will be the end of Sunday (the final day of pinfest! Doh). Massively disappointing to now be missing Pinfest as a result. Fortunately by spotting it early, it looks like i have managed to not infect anyone else, even in my household. So definitely worth doing the tests if you have no symptoms.

Steven sad to hear that but in my book you just earned Hero of UKPinfest award if such a thing existed! Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Anyone missing UKPinfest because of covid are cordially invited to come to DOMINO Arcade and or Flip Out when they recover (I will pick up you flip out admission fee) - it won’t be UKPinfest but you can play some great games and I’ll tell you all the gossip from the show [emoji28] including how many beers got spilt. PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to pick up on Neil's comments.....

If you have covid symptoms, please do not attend the event. You should follow government advice. Don't worry about losing money. You will get a full refund. There'll be plenty more shows. Yours and everyone else's safety is more important.
If you have the ability to carry out a lateral flow test before the event, please do so. We'll have some at the event which you're quite welcome to use before entry. The test only takes a few minutes.
Wash your hands regularly.
Use sanitiser and wipes regularly at the event.
Staff will be assisting in sanitising.

Hygiene
This is a very personal and sensitive topic. If anyone is found to have overbearing body odour which is making others feel uncomfortable, a member of staff will approach you in a discreet manner and have a private chat with you to discuss the issue. You may be asked to leave and a full refund given.
No one will be publicly humiliated and there will be no naming and shaming. This is bullying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom