What's new

UKPinfest 2021 - August 27th, 28th & 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately - and even MORE so with covid frankly if I ran the place and someone turned up smelly and clearly not clean they wouldn’t be allowed in.

We had someone in the club who absolutely reeked last weekend - you could actually smell them before they arrived. They got a steered as above. In my view is more not acceptable to put up with it, and I will have my book:

0acb4ec072f3f94875d8f76476c79055.jpg

So Wash you smelly b’stards! Not funny serious.

Every one should also do a lateral flow test before coming. I will be.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[emoji2357] I totally agree Neil. I went to one gaming event years ago and basically left after an hour. Couldn’t deal with it any more. And yes I agree a test before would be the best and considerate thing to do [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven sad to hear that but in my book you just earned Hero of UKPinfest award if such a thing existed! Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Anyone missing UKPinfest because of covid are cordially invited to come to DOMINO Arcade and or Flop Out when they recover (I will pick up you flip out admission fee) - it won’t be UKPinfest but you can play some great games and I’ll tell you all the gossip from the show [emoji28] including how many beers got spilt. PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cheers Neil!
Symptoms were mild when they did kick in, just like a cold really, so not much to recover from. Although most of my sense of smell has gone which may be considered a pinfest superpower

Just to pick up on Neil's comments.....

If you have covid symptoms, please do not attend the event. You should follow government advice. Don't worry about losing money. You will get a full refund. There'll be plenty more shows. Yours and everyone else's safety is more important.
If you have the ability to carry out a lateral flow test before the event, please do so. We'll have some at the event which you're quite welcome to use before entry. The test only takes a few minutes.
Wash your hands regularly.
Use sanitiser and wipes regularly at the event.
Staff will be assisting in sanitising.

Hygiene
This is a very personal and sensitive topic. If anyone is found to have overbearing body odour which is making others feel uncomfortable, a member of staff will approach you in a discreet manner and have a private chat with you to discuss the issue. You may be asked to leave and a full refund given.
No one will be publicly humiliated and there will be no naming and shaming. This is bullying.

Phil, the one I have at home takes 30 mins for the result to come back. I gather that’s the same thing? Will pick up a fresh box of tests to bring with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to pick up on Neil's comments.....

If you have covid symptoms, please do not attend the event. You should follow government advice. Don't worry about losing money. You will get a full refund. There'll be plenty more shows. Yours and everyone else's safety is more important.
If you have the ability to carry out a lateral flow test before the event, please do so. We'll have some at the event which you're quite welcome to use before entry. The test only takes a few minutes.
Wash your hands regularly.
Use sanitiser and wipes regularly at the event.
Staff will be assisting in sanitising.

Hygiene
This is a very personal and sensitive topic. If anyone is found to have overbearing body odour which is making others feel uncomfortable, a member of staff will approach you in a discreet manner and have a private chat with you to discuss the issue. You may be asked to leave and a full refund given.
No one will be publicly humiliated and there will be no naming and shaming. This is bullying.
This is the toilets in Arcade Club Leeds.
Guess they have the same problem.
20210806_191658.jpg

Better yet, bring some extras and test yourself in your hotel room each morning you're there before you go down for brekkie
That's my plan. I'm double jabbed but testing every morning this week Mon-Sun.

I think that's the very least we can do to look after each other and also to show some decency towards those who can't attend this yr.

These boxes of 10 are free from most chemists... Just ask!

20210825_095907_copy_750x1000.jpg

Better yet, bring some extras and test yourself in your hotel room each morning you're there before you go down for brekkie
It's what I plan to do - just had a thought about machine donors - is there a procedure for getting machines back into vans if a donor tests positive during the event,

The machine will have to be given away to anyone who has space to take it. Unlucky!

In all seriousness though. We'll have to use a common sense approach, clean things down and get sanitised up to the max.

So, guess who managed to fracture his finger the week of Pinfest?

This Guy!

Thankfully, its my left ring finger, and after much scientific study (ie, playing the table we have at home to see if I can still play and enjoy), I can safely say, that I can still play with little to no discomfort! Nothing is gonna stop me from coming down this year!

On a side note, I will also re-iterate the lateral flow message that has been already discussed here. I have to take one, 3 times a week, for work, so I will for sure be playing it safe while down enjoying myself, taking one every morning just to be safe.

ROLL ON FRIDAY!!

This Guy!

Thankfully, its my left ring finger, and after much scientific study (ie, playing the table we have at home to see if I can still play and enjoy), I can safely say, that I can still play with little to no discomfort! Nothing is gonna stop me from coming down this year!

On a side note, I will also re-iterate the lateral flow message that has been already discussed here. I have to take one, 3 times a week, for work, so I will for sure be playing it safe while down enjoying myself, taking one every morning just to be safe.

ROLL ON FRIDAY!!

This Guy!

ROLL ON FRIDAY!!
Oh no! I'm available for Split Flipper - only way I'd get into the top 200 in the competition! :D

I'm currently in a bubble at work in order to learn a new route with an instructor so i'm also being tested weekly :)

Well having done 9 pinball parties,2 south coast slams,10 play expos/9 as an nlp founder member,1 Scottish play expo ,2 monster meets,and countless others I’d consider myself a pinball event and owner veteran and I’m used to the sights n smells that come with it but when the place begins to stink like a team of Turkish wrestlers then it’s too much,pls pls stay fresh ppl!!!!!!! Deodorant!!!!!!!!

Oh no! I'm available for Split Flipper - only way I'd get into the top 200 in the competition! :D

Used to play this in the early 70s with my mate Col (still playing together after half a century) when down to our last 10p. Sure there’s a proper name for it, think @Gary Flower mentioned it once.

Well having done 9 pinball parties,2 south coast slams,10 play expos/9 as an nlp founder member,1 Scottish play expo ,2 monster meets,and countless others I’d consider myself a pinball event and owner veteran and I’m used to the sights n smells that come with it but when the place begins to stink like a team of Turkish wrestlers then it’s too much,pls pls stay fresh ppl!!!!!!! Deodorant!!!!!!!!
Forget deodorant it only briefly masks it, get anti perspirant. Good news is it's not going to be stinking hot so there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever !!!

Forget deodorant it only briefly masks it, get anti perspirant. Good news is it's not going to be stinking hot so there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever !!!

The outside temp is almost irrelevant when you've got 100+ machines and a few hundred punters in the same room. You definitely want to be packing shorts and t-shirts along with your hygiene products 😅

Sorry to announce I had a Positive test come back today 😭 VIP and room at hotel was booked, have fun this Weekend guys, maybe see you next year!
Can the room be transferred?
Hollie came back to me after emailing couple of days ago and said no rooms for Saturday but Friday was ok…
I emailed immediately in response to say I’ll take Friday (twice email)
She’s off the radar again and not come back, must be extremely busy 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom