What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2020 August 28th, 29th & 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paul I expect it's the completely unrelated link to a VP cab seller, by Anfi
🤣 I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to buy one of those hideous monstrosities, unless they were high on something...
And the Duvet cover!! No comment....

I'll remove on the basis that they are out of context on the thread....

🤣 I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to buy one of those hideous monstrosities, unless they were high on something...
And the Duvet cover!! No comment....

I'll remove on the basis that they are out of context on the thread....
Hi sorry if I posted out of context material, I was just sharing what I thought was funny. The site is quite complex and I really only go on events and for sale forums. Thank you.

Hi sorry if I posted out of context material, I was just sharing what I thought was funny. The site is quite complex and I really only go on events and for sale forums. Thank you.

Anfi,

It was just out of context - Nothing more - No need to apologise :D

I'm going to book the hotel soon! Only attended one day this year and stayed in a local B&B the night before.

What's the food/breakfast like?

I want to do two days at the event at least[emoji4]
It's open for all all three days isn't it?
I'm thinking arriving Fri and leaving Monday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm going to book the hotel soon! Only attended one day this year and stayed in a local B&B the night before.

What's the food/breakfast like?

I want to do two days at the event at least[emoji4]
It's open for all all three days isn't it?
I'm thinking arriving Fri and leaving Monday

Breakfast is good, full English as well as fruit, cereal etc.

Tickets will be available for Friday evening right through Sat and Sunday

I don’t recommend the other meals which are very over priced. There is a reasonably priced pub just down the road 10 mins walk away.

Booze is at £3.50 a pint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The breakfast is great. I think i may have had three in one sitting last year :)
i thought the snack food in the hotel provided was fine. I think the first day it was a little cool - problems with heaters maybe. But tip them a wink and they'll give you an extra spoon of curry :) There is a cash point down the road at a local shopping centre. Out the hotel, turn right, then first left at round about then last exit on the next round about. 15m walk there and 15 back roughly.

Roll on Pinfest.

:)
JB

Breakfast is good, full English as well as fruit, cereal etc.

Tickets will be available for Friday evening right through Sat and Sunday
Those are pinfest tickets yeah?

With the discount of the hotel, does it mean Sunday as in Sunday night?

I'd like Hollies email if anyone could pm me it please [emoji120]

room booked!
Screenshot_20191120-204455_Samsung Internet.jpg
Good to see the UK pinball community working so harmoniously together.
It's not like someone has spat their dummy out because they wanted to run the comp at Pinfest and was refused, so not only have they said they won't be bringing any of their games, or running the classics comp as they had agreed - they've decided to run a competition on the same weekend.

Absolutely unbelievable

View attachment 97508
Good to see the UK pinball community working so harmoniously together.
It's not like someone has spat their dummy out because they wanted to run the comp at Pinfest and was refused, so not only have they said they won't be bringing any of their games, or running the classics comp as they had agreed - they've decided to run a competition on the same weekend.

Absolutely unbelievable

I saw that too! I’m sure something can be arranged for pinfest too! Wouldn’t miss it for the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil, shortly after UKPinfest, we all agreed Wayne and Paul would run the main comp and we'd introduce a classics which you and Shaun would run.

Last week, you and Martin wanted to bring the open back to pinfest but on the condition that you would oversee both comps. And because I asked to honour the original arrangement which you're now not happy about, you organise you own open competition and decide to hold it on the same weekend of pinfest?

This speaks volumes. HUGE volumes.

Pinfest is about bringing the pinball community together and you do this just because you can't get your own way?

I know @Neil McRae has talked about organising a massive tourney in London all this year!

And boom The Top of the Tower Ten Thousand - It'll be awesome to have a world class event in the UK to rival those in Europe and get some big names players over to it.

Plenty of room for both in my eyes... Pinfest is more of a social, whereas The Top of the Tower Ten Thousand will be a players event...

@Neil McRae has really stepped up this year and proven how tourneys should be run, I'm excited to hear what he has in store

I know @Neil McRae has talked about organising a massive tourney in London all this year
🐃💩 if that was the case why was there threats about pulling out of Pinfest if he didnt get to run the competition his way?

This has been done purely out of spite and to stir the pot. Everything has to be about him.

He's gone down even further in my estimation, and I didnt think that was possible.

Pinfest is more of a social, whereas The Top of the Tower Ten Thousand will be a players event...
Not sure what you're getting at, the League finals and The Pinfest Battle this year don't count, or the UK Open the year before?

It's also strange that the UK Open is being handed to Neil, when not only when I enquired about it a few years previous I was told it was staying with Peter 'out of loyalty when there wasn't a big Daventry show', but the one time he did run a major comp at Flipout, the timings were that out of kilter that a whole competition had to be cancelled!

Last edited:
I know @Neil McRae has talked about organising a massive tourney in London all this year!

Plenty of room for both in my eyes... Pinfest is more of a social, whereas The Top of the Tower Ten Thousand will be a players event...

@Neil McRae has really stepped up this year and proven how tourneys should be run, I'm excited to hear what he has in store

Absolutely, and most would go to both.

I am confused - these cannot both be on the same weekend, surely there is just a mix up here?

Absolutely, and most would go to both.

I am confused - these cannot both be on the same weekend, surely there is just a mix up here?

It doesn't look like it, on the face of it, at the moment Neil has purposely chosen this weekend ?

I think we should wait and hear it out, as I am sure there is some sort of mistake. Out of 52 weeks of a year to choose from, I just cannot see it.
Are you on ****ing drugs? ;)

It's not a mistake pal, it's been done on purpose.

I think we should wait and hear it out, as I am sure there is some sort of mistake. Out of 52 weeks of a year to choose from, I just cannot see it.
Neil's been on here since these posts, as he has posted himself, but chosen not to say it was a mistake with the dates, or even respond at all.
I think that takes away any doubt that it was 'some sort of mistake'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom