What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Booked!!

Please post up here when the tickets are available as I definitely want the VIP ones. Such a great event. Cheers guys.

Phoned up hotel got through to events booking, spoke to someone who seemed to know about upcoming pinfest event, so I booked single room for two nights 23rd 24th Friday and Saturday nights, he said single room was £60 per night ,double room was £70 including breakfast, e-mail came through it states standard double room including breakfast at £65 per night, so not sure what I will be getting, not bothered as it does say bed and breakfast.

Contract signed!

Room rates as follows: -

Thursday - £55
Friday single - £60, Friday double/twin - £70
Saturday single - £60, Saturday double/twin - £70
Sunday single £60, double/twin - £70

Bed & breakfast.

Same as before, call the hotel and quote UKPinfest. Make sure you do it during the hours of 9am-5pm so you get to speak to the hotel and not central booking. 01327 307000

(Sunday price edited)
@Big Phil For info my reservation email came back and said its £75 per night ? I queried it and he said for double occupancy it goes up a fiver !!!! they are looking into it

@Big Phil For info my reservation email came back and said its £75 per night ? I queried it and he said for double occupancy it goes up a fiver !!!! they are looking into it
UPDATE - they have now amended it to £70 per night for a twin with 2 people in it inc breakfast.

Cheers

kev

Are the VIP tix £45 or £50?
ukpinfest site says 45 but ticketing site says 50+fee.

I'm not crying over a fiver but if it's supposed to be £50, maybe update the website?

Thanks for the heads up. Website updated. Thought I'd changed everything. Maybe I made the old classic word press mistake of not pressing the "update" button.

VIP Ticket bought.
Now to work out the logistics of getting there and back! :)

What's the story about Sunday? Is it likely to go later that the advertised 4:30pm?
Just wondering about flying back on Sunday evening.

Fri & Sat nights booked.

As per last year Phil, one or two pins offered if NLP can fit in van. Cheers.

Booked for me too - will be bringing my EMs as usual :) Was hoping for one extra this year, but still not got around to sorting Sky Kings - maybe next year :)

Hi - looking forward to this years event. Will there be a competition held again this year? I missed out last time so keen to enter this time.

Where do I register and when for the comp?

thanks

Comp details still to be announced, but a change in format means there should be no need for pre-registration, and no risk of a sell out.

Hi - looking forward to this years event. Will there be a competition held again this year? I missed out last time so keen to enter this time.

Where do I register and when for the comp?

thanks
There will be a competition this year. :)

There'll be no need to register before the day, but you will obviously need to buy entry into the show.

Format will be:
Qualify by playing any 3 games (of your choice) out of 10 to create your entry.
Play as many entries as you want. £10 first entry, further entries £5.
Top 24 qualify for seeded best of 3 head to head knockout, with top 8 getting a bye for 1st round.

All games used in knockout are predetermined, meaning no chance of anyone playing the same game twice en route to the final, and they'll be from a mix of eras.

Prize pot is estimated to be (based on previous numbers of entrants in similar comp) in UK:

1st 35% of prize pot = £500
2nd 20% of pp = £275
3rd 15% of pp = £205
4th 10% of pp = £135
5th-8th 5% of pp = £65

There will be a competition this year. :)

There'll be no need to register before the day, but you will obviously need to buy entry into the show.

Format will be:
Qualify by playing any 3 games (of your choice) out of 10 to create your entry.
Play as many entries as you want. £10 first entry, further entries £5.
Top 24 qualify for seeded best of 3 head to head knockout, with top 8 getting a bye for 1st round.

All games used in knockout are predetermined, meaning no chance of anyone playing the same game twice en route to the final, and they'll be from a mix of eras.

Prize pot is estimated to be (based on previous numbers of entrants in similar comp) in UK:

1st 35% of prize pot = £500
2nd 20% of pp = £275
3rd 15% of pp = £205
4th 10% of pp = £135
5th-8th 5% of pp = £65

people qualify on the scores of only three games?

Neil.

why such a low number of games in qualifying? any specificity on the games. EM/Classics/Modern or anything?

I think I'm out also, not sure about a format like that. Lets hope I qualify for the league!

also how will you manage queues at the end?! one game improvement drives a 30% swing?

Back
Top Bottom