What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinfest 2023 - August 25/26/27th

Just done a test and I'm also positive, still, it's not like we were meant to be going out for a meal for our anniversary or anything...
Kel started feeling a bit under the weather yesterday. I did a test this morning and it was fine but after reading this thread I’ve just got him to take one and it’s positive 😔

And snap, it’s our wedding anni today too!

Maybe the furnace of the Ladies competition room on Friday (not that I was in it) and the same stuffy room for League finals (which I was in) was the catalyst. I left about 1pm on Sunday and it was all quite quiet on Sunday morning.

All the people infected, did you do the 🎤 Karaoke or Curry night? Just curious. Tested negative here.

No curry for me, but did have a sing.

That being said..... I think my trip to 'Madame Barbara's Daventry Palace of Pleasure' might have been ill advised.

They'll not be getting ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ on trip advisor, that's for sure.

Luckily I don’t feel like I have covid but I was washing my hands regularly after I saw several guys not wash thier hands in the toilets…..
Wonder how many contaminated flippers there were and how many of us touched other people’s nob’s in the process 🤔

Had Curry, no Karaoke, definitely was washing my hands, and so far negative, even appear to have been in close contact with someone positive late on Sunday night.

I recon whatever the shots the Irish were passing round have protected me, no way anything could have survived coming in contact with that lethal stuff.

Luckily I don’t feel like I have covid but I was washing my hands regularly after I saw several guys not wash thier hands in the toilets…..
Wonder how many contaminated flippers there were and how many of us touched other people’s nob’s in the process 🤔
Lucky for me I didn’t play much pinball and I didn’t hold the mic. I did have covid 4 weeks ago so my immune system is at its best, but then again 100 people played Stall Ball and where was I holding Dave’s beer lol

I noticed a few guys smelling strongly of BO as I played a few machines in the main room. It's basic hygene, right! I too saw guys not washing hands after using the toilet cubicles.
Yuk....
I saw plenty leaving the gents without washing hands :( . Didn't experience any BO but definitely a case of crop dusting.

I'm more wondering who owns the Nissan - ultimately it doesn't matter who the owner of the VW is as you can let your insurance know the reg, send them the footage link and claim directly.

Looks like the Nissan has been really damaged :(

It was my Qashqai.

Don't worry. No drama and no great damage. It was all sorted out on the day and I am now in touch with the other driver's insurance company who have agreed to pay for all repairs.

I'm just feeling rough, nothing major. Not sure if COVID but Claire likely has it.

Seemed to have escaped it too. Again, I noticed a few hygiene issues, with people not washing hands, BO etc. Not a great idea when there are so many people packed in closely together.
I wish everybody a quick recovery, and see you all again soon fit and healthy.

@MadMonzer (Jon, husband) seems to be okay.

I have an immune system abnormality and had a big ’flare’ on Sunday and Monday, so I suspected I’d been exposed to a virus (of some sort) at Pinfest or just beforehand, but it passed in the typical 48-72 hours so I didn’t think anything of it.

Yes got PinFlu.

Had Covid (now called a cold) so many times can't tell if it's that. Testing is for wimps Grrrrrr

Yeah, feeling the pinflu here too. Not sure if it's Covid or not as run out of tests.

Interestingly, on the Saturday we wandered down to the Queen of Hearts, had a meal and on the way back we popped into Boots for some nail polish - pink - yep - erm, it was for Clare not me. Anyhow, a lady came in and asked if they had any covid tests? The boots lady told her "sorry, they'd sold out, and it was strange as they usually had plenty in stock".- I guess Daventry has had a recent outbreak, i.e. customer asking for a test, Boots sold out.

I’m calling it ‘PinFest Lag’ I’m not ill per say, just seem more tired than previous years and working at a very slow rate haha

Probably just too much chat , late nights and beers..

And Dutch friends!!

Last edited:
I've needed a couple of days off after shows even when younger. You just spend too much time stood up plus burning candles at both ends .

Some of our curry group had issues the next day but no reports of the C word

Back
Top Bottom